ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Scotland (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/)
-   -   Dundee people :) (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/448044-dundee-people.html)

*mugen*power* 09 August 2005 12:34 AM

Dundee people :)

Hi, I'm moving up to Dundee and I was just wondering what areas people would recommend that I should stay in?
I have already been told to stay clear of Lochee. Are there other areas that I should be wary of?
Thanks in advance :)

p.s have also posted this in Non Scooby related

VAL113R 09 August 2005 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by *mugen*power*
Hi, I'm moving up to Dundee and I was just wondering what areas people would recommend that I should stay in?
I have already been told to stay clear of Lochee. Are there other areas that I should be wary of?
Thanks in advance :)

p.s have also posted this in Non Scooby related

The good areas are Broughty Ferry, Barnhill, Monifieth, some of the West End and Birkhill.

If it's your car your worried about then most other areas would be 'ok' if you had a garage

You would probably be better posting up the area or street you have seen a house in and someone can tell you yes or no !

cheers

PG 09 August 2005 10:30 AM

just dont move near him /\ :D:p

RS Grant 09 August 2005 04:23 PM

Also consider moving to just outside Dundee either Monikie, Invergowrie, Newport, Wormit, Gauldry, Carnousite.. They are at most about a 15min drive from the centre. :)

Cheers,
Grant

VAL113R 10 August 2005 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by PG
just dont move near him /\ :D:p

the cheek !

god help you're neighbours with the constant DIY !

p1ggm 10 August 2005 09:26 PM

i moved out of dundee because of all the neds, reccomend moving outside dundee tbh, all roads in and out arnt that bad for travelling, plus houses are cheaper outside dundee normally

STUCOS 12 August 2005 10:38 AM

As p1ggm said,try out side dundee,wouldnt live in dundee if it was the last place on earth,yes there are some nice area,s but all have sceams next to them,and you get all the thieving needs coming across,try looking on www.dundeecruise.com and post same topic there

cheeRS stu

Scooby Dooby Blue 12 August 2005 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by STUCOS
all have sceams next to them

:rolleyes:

Isn't dundeecruise.com where all the 'thieving needs' congregate on the internet?

p1doc 13 August 2005 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by STUCOS
As p1ggm said,try out side dundee,wouldnt live in dundee if it was the last place on earth,yes there are some nice area,s but all have sceams next to them,and you get all the thieving needs coming across,try looking on www.dundeecruise.com and post same topic there

cheeRS stu

what is a sceam or a need?
i live in dundee with a sti8 on my driveway-no probs
martin

RA Dunk 13 August 2005 12:53 PM

i think he actually means housing scheme

neds well www.glasgowsurvival.co.uk

click on people on top left of page youll get a description of the many diffrent types of neds

p1doc 13 August 2005 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Á¢ïÐ
i think he actually means housing scheme

neds well www.glasgowsurvival.co.uk

click on people on top left of page youll get a description of the many diffrent types of neds

i was been sarcy as most neds cant spell,i have been to several of the schemes in dundee-as a student
martin

RA Dunk 13 August 2005 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by p1doc
i was been sarcy as most neds cant spell,i have been to several of the schemes in dundee-as a student
martin

lol sorry didnt know ya were being sarcy , but the url i just posted is pretty funny though!! :)

p1doc 14 August 2005 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Á¢ïÐ
lol sorry didnt know ya were being sarcy , but the url i just posted is pretty funny though!! :)

it is funny

RS Grant 15 August 2005 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Scooby Dooby Blue
:rolleyes:

Isn't dundeecruise.com where all the 'thieving needs' congregate on the internet?

Yes, I for one am a theiving ned, I live in a large stolen house, drive a stolen 400bhp GT4 and 'my' RS Turbo isnt actually mine..... Oh, and your friend with the Red WRX & FMIC that is on the website must also be a theiving ned too then?!

Either thats all true or its a local enthusiast site. :Whatever_

Cheers,
Grant

PG 15 August 2005 01:28 PM

OOooooooo !

http://www.hobbyhighway.com/ladysbag/h35.jpg

At the count of 3 start swinging :D

PG 15 August 2005 01:41 PM

In Pauls deffence......

http://www.dundeecruise.com/gallerie...r/pics/018.jpg
http://www.dundeecruise.com/gallerie...s/pics/014.jpg
http://www.dundeecruise.com/gallerie...se/pics/01.jpg
http://www.dundeecruise.com/gallerie...t/pics/020.jpg
http://www.dundeecruise.com/gallerie...wn/pics/07.jpg

They look like they have ram raided Halfords and bits just stuck to them and they drove off again :rolleyes:
And as for the Focus ! :eek: looks like he run out of cash 1/2 eay through the respray. Even the wife PHSL at it yesterday when we saw it parked up.
Whatever floats your boat tho.

RS Grant 15 August 2005 02:29 PM

lol @ the handbags thing!! :lol1:

However, I dont understand the thinking behind the comments here?! They drive cars with bodykits, so that automatically makes them scum?! :eek:

Riiiiiight, ok then....... Its not that maybe they either are too young to insure a performance car, or maybe they want to have a car thats different, no?! :rolleyes:

I know the guys that drive all those cars and none of them are scum, far from it.. They have spent £0000's on those cars and although I wouldnt have done it to any car I have ever owned, I respect that if thats what floats their boat then fair enough let them get on with it.......... I hate these blinkered views, it reminds me of the attitude that is encouraged at Dundee High School, it absolutely stinks!!

Sorry, but it really gets to me how people are judged by what car they drive by people who believe that they are driving about in 'superior' cars... Rant Over.

Cheers,
Grant

bluenosewrx 15 August 2005 04:12 PM

LOL at Grant, Still wouldn't live there.

Mac

PG 15 August 2005 06:15 PM

Muirhead !

:eek: Who would live there !!??

;):D:p

PG 15 August 2005 06:18 PM

it reminds me of the attitude that is encouraged at Dundee High School,
What?

If you aren't doing Class 'A' drugs you are scum ;):D

RS Grant 15 August 2005 06:42 PM

Yes, it is true, we did look down our noses at the "rif-raf" who werent able to powder their noses after registration!! :lol1:

Cheers,
Grant

Scooby Dooby Blue 19 August 2005 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by RS Grant
Yes, I for one am a theiving ned, I live in a large stolen house, drive a stolen 400bhp GT4 and 'my' RS Turbo isnt actually mine..... Oh, and your friend with the Red WRX & FMIC that is on the website must also be a theiving ned too then?!

Either thats all true or its a local enthusiast site. :Whatever_

Cheers,
Grant

Take a chill Grant ffs!

I was joking to a certain extent :rolleyes:

However, over the years I have been the unfortunate victim of car crime and in over 50% of the cases, a 'boy racer' was the culprit.

UK300 wing stolen off my car, later spotted on a max'd Cavalier (lol)

Blue alcantara interior stolen out the Scoob, later recovered from a mad'x Punto in the Mardi carpark! :mad:

...and leave the High School kids alone, all they've ever nicked off my car is the ally dustcaps when it's parked in the town at lunchtime! :D

Dont' get me wrong, this isn't what prompted the reply....it was the blatant (shameful) attempt to gain hits on another car-related site, by stucos.

Anyway, on the topic of schemes/neds, arn't Imprezas now the Cossie of the 80's when it comes to scheme appeal? ;) (before you all start, i'm driving one)

Paul <walks away with tongue in cheek>

PS My car is superior to everyone elses :P

madfiddler 24 August 2005 11:13 AM

I'm stuck in Charlestone atm (been here for a year), and it sucks. renting atm. Job may fall through which would enable me to move away from this hell hole. It's not Brighton!!! :(

If we stay, well look at Errol, Inchture, Longforgan (these three are outside Dungdee), West End, Invergowrie, and... um.. er.. that's prolly about it. We're not considering places to the East, like B Ferry simply cos we want to be closer, not further from Edinb. etc...

There's a serious number of neds up here, and some very silly cars but it's nice to see a large Scooby turnout at those cruises :)

*mugen*power* 26 August 2005 02:31 PM

Hi, well so far, not too good! Still looking and time is getting quite tight so am considering looking at places in Arbroath...and travelling in. So on that note, I was wondering roughly how long it takes to get from Arbroath to Dundee city centre, and what Arbroath is generally like?
Thank you :)

Coulster 26 August 2005 05:59 PM

Not fancy Fife?

Just accross the water from Dundee and people are of a much higherl social class....pmsl

Ciaran 27 August 2005 10:30 AM

Alyth move to alyth best place on earth only 20 min from dundee and surrounded by amazing b roads and not a car been stolen for 2 years!!

p1ggm 28 August 2005 11:54 AM

kirrie is not too bad, and a great back road all the way to dd, althou it does have a fair share of neds tbh that hang around the town on the weekends, house values are going mental up here, and you have to put in some serious offers

Rory_McW 12 October 2005 09:06 AM

Aye kirries no bad, i live out in the country but when i get a house on my own i will prob get something round here, fell lot on neds like gordon says, cant beat a good tink tho!! :notworthy

PG 12 October 2005 11:06 AM

Alyth !!! If you don't have 6 fingers on each hand then you won't fit in !
Kirrie !! If you're not 60 yrs + then you won't fit in !

p1ggm 12 October 2005 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Ciaran
Alyth move to alyth best place on earth only 20 min from dundee and surrounded by amazing b roads and not a car been stolen for 2 years!!

is that a challenge?? i wouldent mind a vr6 in my drive :-)

back road to glen shee from there is amazing