ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   WRX Type RA Ltds - please sign in. (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/447809-wrx-type-ra-ltds-please-sign-in.html)

JTaylor 08 August 2005 08:51 AM

WRX Type RA Ltds - please sign in.

Photos, specs, stories, we may not have a pink badge, but..............

2 Door V4 WRX Type RA V- Ltd
0227/1000 leonpoole (Leon remains undecided, RA or R :confused:)

V5 WRX Type RA Ltd
0014/1000 JTaylor
0392/1000 asjasj
0543/1000 DaveBlueRA

V6 WRX Type RA Ltd
0385/1000 Willo
0454/1000 Maz (BannySTI 's bro.)
0476/1000 ChrisP (RIP and Godbless Chris)
0487/1000 SergeantScooby

Anyone wishing to know about this rarity would do well to read this thread. Of particular importance are the links and the links within links and so on. This is where, once you've trawled through the nonsense, you'll find the input of seasoned and knowledgable SNetters.

Hopefully at the end you will be as informed as the rest of us. Lot's still to unravel but we're getting there.

J

www.Type-RA.co.uk :: Index

JTaylor 08 August 2005 05:16 PM

Come on. All 15 owners of the cars that have landed on these shores.

pauld37 08 August 2005 06:49 PM

You finally sorted out what version it was then m8, re your other thread :D.

I was reading through my Subaru Impreza book by Brian Long but so many versions I got head ache.

You got it then?

leonpoole 08 August 2005 08:16 PM

Hi i have a 2 door wrx ra v-ltd. Number 227 of 1000.

WRX_280 08 August 2005 10:56 PM

WRX Type RA STi Version 5 - V Limited...4 door saloon with 27500 miles.

HKS Filter
HKS FMIC
Upgraded IHI turbo
Scoobysport Exhaust \ Grp N downpipe
Gems ECU
Leda coilovers + other suspension mods
P1 rims / Toyo T1s

358BHP/348 LB-FT

Only had it 1 week and i am absolutely loving it!!!!!!!

JTaylor 09 August 2005 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by pauld37
You finally sorted out what version it was then m8, re your other thread :D.

I was reading through my Subaru Impreza book by Brian Long but so many versions I got head ache.

You got it then?

Hello mate, thanks for asking. Just got back from looking at the car actually. Basically I've put the deposit down, I've had a new MAF and Lambda fitted as well as a Walbro 255 (better to be safe then sorry). It's had it's MOT and is currently at the body shop having the bonnet, bumper and rear spoiler blown over. As soon's as it's finished I'll give Lee @ WRX my UK Car and another bundle of cash.......... and then I'll own it. I can barely contain myself :)

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthrea...83#post4877483

To the other chaps, hello and thanks for signing in. I'll be interested to know how you've got on with the car - what's worked and what hasn't. It'd be great get some pics up too :thumb:

Still no (4 door) V5 Type RA ltd's then.

JTaylor 09 August 2005 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by leonpoole
Hi i have a 2 door wrx ra v-ltd. Number 227 of 1000.

So, to all those who say R = 2 door and RA = 4 Door........:razz:

leonpoole 09 August 2005 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by JTaylor
So, to all those who say R = 2 door and RA = 4 Door........:razz:

Ive had that argument a thousand times because 2 door RA's are so rare. I bet they aren't that many in this country. I'll post some pics as soon as i've give it a clean.

JTaylor 09 August 2005 04:08 PM

Ive had that argument a thousand times because 2 door RA's are so rare. I bet they aren't that many in this country. I'll post some pics as soon as i've give it a clean.

I'll look forward to it.

ALL

Q. Was there a number 13/1000?

Q. Were there 1000 RA 4 door and 1000 RA 2 door (WRX ltd)?

Q. Should I start leaving the house more often?

leonpoole 09 August 2005 04:28 PM

I dont think they made a 13. I think they never made any number 13's on any of the limited editions.
Im not sure if the 4 door ra ltd's were out of a thousand, if it was they should be a plaque inside with the number on. Plus if your lucky like i was you will get the original mats with it that they come out of the factory with also with the number on.

ScoobyDawg 09 August 2005 04:30 PM

NOT AN RA BUT R

I've got a WRX Type-R V-Limited No 324 OF 1000.
2Door, light weight, ally bonnet, roof vent, 300bhp on 100 oct fuel, sonic blue, Cusco LSD and RA Gearbox but NO DIFF SWITCH, 18" OZ light weight wheels.

New build 2500 miles only with STI9 crank and bearings, Eagle con rods, JE pistons, Proflex suspension. Gearbox & rear diff bearings replaced.

I believe it to be set up for drifting due to the Cusco LSD almost all the drive is in the rear wheels.

I will show pics soon, already got engine rebuild just need to get the respay photos as its done.

Da Dawg

JTaylor 09 August 2005 04:37 PM

Mine's 14/1000......or no. 13 in reality. :eek2:

Plus if your lucky like i was you will get the original mats with it that they come out of the factory with also with the number on.
:cool:

Not got them in mine - shocking thick multi coloured jobbies. Just my luck!

leonpoole 09 August 2005 04:58 PM

Most of the mats will of been thrown away i would imagine with use. My car only had one owner from new before i got it and he took the mats straight out for when he came to sell it so they are still in mint condition.

JTaylor 09 August 2005 05:09 PM

Most of the mats will of been thrown away i would imagine with use. My car only had one owner from new before i got it and he took the mats straight out for when he came to sell it so they are still in mint condition.

Say's a lot about the previous keeper. Nice one.

Sorry a few more questions.

Is the turbo the same as the STI?
Closed deck?
5th Injector?
ABS?

Bare in mind this car is a non STI 4 Door RA Ltd.

JTaylor 10 August 2005 12:07 PM

Anyone?

leonpoole 10 August 2005 12:53 PM

Mine has an IHI VF22 turbo and has had ABS fitted as an extra.
Im not sure about the closed block or fifth injector.

JTaylor 14 August 2005 05:11 PM

more knowledge passed by PM

They made 1000 of the v6 wrx ra ltd, the brochures (in Japanese) are on http://www.ravensblade-impreza.com/ under downloads -> brochures and scans.

My v6 had the electric pack, central locking, no ice, abs, no dccd, no roof vent, no waterspray, 2 pot front brakes (they went), v4 spoiler (same as uk my99 hoop one). Had a blue console and blue clock surround.

From what I found its rated at 276bhp and 249lb/ft (slightly less than the sti version). Also has the lower redline 7,500rpm.

It doesnt have the sti engine but no problem a fuel pump, set of hoses, exhaust and remap and 315bhp and 310 lb/ft here we come (still with d/p cat, only cat fitted btw).

Gearing is around 20mph/1000rpm in 5th, so in 5th
40mph is 2000rpm, 60mph is 3000rpm etc.

They are great cars and pretty nippy. The gearing isnt really suited to motorways and can be very tiring though.
More WRX RA owners please. The info on these cars is very sketchy. I't be good to build up a definitive guide or locate an existing one. Can any linguists / Jap speakers translate the brochure?

drb5 16 August 2005 04:20 PM

Mine isn't a V-Limited, which really means it's a WRX without some bit's liek eleccy windows etc, extra bit's like closed deck block and very short ratio gearbox, but nothing much else. Done a few things to it, but nothing major. Decat, Z5 ECU, K&N filter, WRX '02 intercooler, FPR and fuel pump, but nothing much.

JTaylor 16 August 2005 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by drb5
Mine isn't a V-Limited, which really means it's a WRX without some bit's liek eleccy windows etc, extra bit's like closed deck block and very short ratio gearbox, but nothing much else. Done a few things to it, but nothing major. Decat, Z5 ECU, K&N filter, WRX '02 intercooler, FPR and fuel pump, but nothing much.

Exactly. This thread is designed to pull all the WRX Type RA Ltd's together. As there are only a handful in the country it would be good to work out the history of them. I know a load have been totalled in varying forms of motor sport. As you'll know, the reason some parts (I/C for example) isn't top spec is because Subaru decided these would be removed and uprated for rallying etc. any way.

What year is yours? Ltd No. Any pics to add to the thread? I noticed yours doesn't have the spoiler. You were able add them as an option, though most have been fitted as an aftermarket item.

Did you remove the skirts on yours or were they already like that?

Nice one and thanks for signing in.

J

boaaz 16 August 2005 06:51 PM

Not an owner yet but could be very soon!!

Mike.

JTaylor 16 August 2005 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by boaaz
Not an owner yet but could be very soon!!

Mike.

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthrea...86#post4901086

Good luck mate.

leonpoole 16 August 2005 08:30 PM

I'd like to know how many 2 door ra owners they are in the country. I would guess only a hand full as not a lot of people even know they exist

banny sti 16 August 2005 09:23 PM

My brother has a MY00 WRX RA limited, will get the plaque number later.

Willo 17 August 2005 08:15 AM

I've got a v6 WRX RA V-ltd - Has ally bonnet and boot, ABS, no Diff Switch, no skirts and carpets as thin as rice paper :-) Originally fitted with 2 pot brakes (even though four pots were standard by then) and comes with 15:1 steering rack and the shortest final ratio and close ratio box. Also a geek and I do have some of the orginal brochures for the car from Japan - I also used to have a PDF of the various specs, differences, etc in English will try and dig it out. These cars did not have close deck block (that stopped with the v4's I think) and no roof vent :-( as I'm just a WRX not an STi

Based in Kent/London but happy to meet up somewhere in the UK to compare geekiness

Willo

drb5 17 August 2005 12:32 PM

Exactly. This thread is designed to pull all the WRX Type RA (R) Ltd's together. As there are only a handful in the country it would be good to work out the history of them. I know a load have been totalled in varying forms of motor sport. As you'll know, the reason some parts (I/C for example) isn't top spec is because Subaru decided these would be removed and uprated for rallying etc. any way.

What year is yours? Ltd No. Any pics to add to the thread? I noticed yours doesn't have the spoiler. You were able add them as an option, though most have been fitted as an aftermarket item.

Did you remove the skirts on yours or were they already like that?

Nice one and thanks for signing in.

J

Just a 1993 and i got it exactly as it is apart from the mods, gauges, wheels etc. I've had 2 UK turbo's and now i've gone to the RA, i won't go back to a UK car. It just doesn't warrant the costs of them, for the power you get out the poke. ;)

JTaylor 17 August 2005 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Willo
I've got a v6 WRX RA V-ltd - Has ally bonnet and boot, ABS, no Diff Switch, no skirts and carpets as thin as rice paper :-) Originally fitted with 2 pot brakes (even though four pots were standard by then) and comes with 15:1 steering rack and the shortest final ratio and close ratio box. Also a geek and I do have some of the orginal brochures for the car from Japan - I also used to have a PDF of the various specs, differences, etc in English will try and dig it out. These cars did not have close deck block (that stopped with the v4's I think) and no roof vent :-( as I'm just a WRX not an STi

Based in Kent/London but happy to meet up somewhere in the UK to compare geekiness

Willo

Me, a geek? Well.....yes. Fancy linking up at Castle Coombe? Wed 07 Sep 2005 all day with instruction available £165. I'll probably be going any way so it'd be good to get the R/RA massive(?) along.

P.S Still haven't found any one with the same car as me.

4-Door

V5 WRX Type RA Limited.

Mine has some aftermarket skirts which I'm considering removing. Also the rear spoiler may go and given it has a FMIC I may even take the scoop off and mesh the hole so the oil cooler benefits. Undecided about the A/C and Radio. The additional weight kinda defeats the RA ethos.

JTaylor 17 August 2005 01:05 PM

PICTURES

SPEC

DaveBlueRA 17 August 2005 06:00 PM

i think the 13 came from the fact that I belive only 13 of theparticular model were imported

Version 5 4dr WRX Type RA here

0543/1000 555 Subaru WRC Limited edition
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...BlueRA/bag.jpg

JTaylor 17 August 2005 08:16 PM

:) I'm not alone.

Apart from the cosmetics, any mods?

ALL - Sept 7th Track Day - Castle Coombe
£165
Tuition available

Edcase 17 August 2005 11:49 PM

Me, a geek? Well.....yes. Fancy linking up at Castle Coombe? Wed 07 Sep 2005 all day with instruction available £165. I'll probably be going any way so it'd be good to get the R/RA massive(?) along.

P.S Still haven't found any one with the same car as me.

4-Door

V5 WRX Type RA Limited.

Mine has some aftermarket skirts which I'm considering removing. Also the rear spoiler may go and given it has a FMIC I may even take the scoop off and mesh the hole so the oil cooler benfits. Undecided about the A/C and Radio. The additional weight kinda defeats the RA ethos.

DUMP THE A/C!

You know it makes sense.

-20kg at least, all over the front wheels.

One of the best things you can do is get superlight wheels like the old team dynamics pro race ones I used to have.

Reducing the unsprung weight is key.