ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Northern (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/)
-   -   Newcastle/North East Meet (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/44560-newcastle-north-east-meet.html)

PaulP 30 June 2000 10:02 AM

I noticed in one of the threads that a few northern lads want to get something sorted for a north east meet.

So here goes, anyone interested in meeting up around the Newcastle area sometime in July/August for a blast around the countryside, stop for a pub meal etc.

Open to suggestions, but a drive around the Kelso/Rothbury/Jedburgh roads with a suitable country pub halfway in between, before returning to Newcastle will take in some good country roads?

Anyone interested?

ROBERT BARNES 01 July 2000 05:43 PM

paul count me in also skippy probably be there as well as he is from newcastle..

JohnS 02 July 2000 08:56 AM

Why not make it on the 22nd or 23rd July ?

You could have a good run up through the borders area to Edinburgh/Knockhill, where you could meet up with 40 - 50 other Imprezas who are going there for the two days.

Saturday starts at 3:30pm and finishes at 8pm. Then we'll probably have a bite to eat and a few drinks http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/smile.gif

Sunday starts at 9am(ish) and goes on all day. SIDC members get free entry to Knockhill on the Sunday to watch the fun, and a dedicated display area beside the paddock http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/smile.gif

Tal 02 July 2000 10:24 AM

I am up for a N.E. meet (Darlington) how about the Butter tubs Pass Clarkson was on about ??

Tal

MY00 Sonic blue Turbo ( T4 LGO )

RichieC 02 July 2000 12:58 PM

Same here, cracking roads over the border, through Otterburn and over Carter Bar?? (watch out for the cameras!)

Hows about you have a word with Glen at Revolution in Gateshead Im sure he'll either come and/or put the word around.

I believe weve got a couple of 22bs in the NE it would be nice to see them out.

Regards
Richie

[This message has been edited by RichieC (edited 02-07-2000).]

PaulP 04 July 2000 08:49 AM

JohnS,

What are the directions to Knockhill, is it far from the A68?

I'd be interested in a drive up through the borders from Newcastle on the Sunday.

Anyone else fancy a trip up to Knockhill?

MickeyG 04 July 2000 04:44 PM

I'm up for it, but the date is bad for me.

Tal,

I'm from Darlo too, I'll be looking out for you, and give you a wave (following the rules in the General section etc...). MY00 in New Blue Mica (W716RLS).

MickeyG

Tal 04 July 2000 06:38 PM

MickeyG

get in touch my e-mail is Tal.go@virgin.net

I bought mine from Gertjan Van der Velde, you ?

Tal

Andy H 04 July 2000 07:13 PM

Im up for a north east meet, if im not working.

Will be going up to Knockhill on the saturday for the afternoon track action, but wont be on the track as i am going on holiday on the sunday.

Tal / Mickey G keep a Look out for a green 5 door MY99, im a Stockton lad and often in Darlo.

Andy H

[This message has been edited by Andy H (edited 04-07-2000).]

Colin Appleton 09 July 2000 06:52 PM

I can't make it that weekend as I am off to Silverstone for the Coys Historic Festival.

As well as the oldtimers on the Circuit they are wheeling out the Group B monsters around the Rallysprint Track on the Friday evening, 6R4's, Lancia Deltas, Quattros and RS200's.

Not as good as the Scooby but should be interesting, especially as most of the works drivers are lined up to pedal them.

I have booked in a B&B in Banbury so I can go and stand outside Prodrive. Does anyone know if they let us lesser mortals in for a look around ?

If you change the date, count me in

Colin

John Gorman 09 July 2000 09:16 PM

PaulP
Ref- Your meet.
I live In the Borders area and have just today taken part in the Borders Meet/Thrash. I can highly recommend the roads up here.
I think all who took part today felt the same. Im interested in taking part in your meet. Please look at the Borders meet/thrash posting for comments. Any info on the roads in this area please e-mail me..
CHEERS

PaulP 12 July 2000 12:57 AM

Is anyone planning to travel to Knockhill on Sunday 23rd July from the north east area?

Suggested route is the A68 from Corbridge. Anyone fancy meeting up for the drive up to Knockhill or would anyone like to join in at any suitable point along the A68?

There does appear to be a lot of Scoobies going to Knockhill so it would be good if we could get a good turnout from the north east!

Please reply to this thread if you can definitely make it and we can try and get something sorted, meeting points and times etc...

John Gorman 13 July 2000 06:41 AM

PaulP,
Can you get in touch again as every time I try to e-mail directions to you they keep failing.
Hear you soon.
John.

DaveW 15 July 2000 10:19 PM

Paul,

Where/what time in Corbridge do you suggest we meet. I'll be coming from Carlisle so would like to join in the convoy.

Dave

PaulP 20 July 2000 09:40 AM

Is anyone going from the north east area on

(a) the Saturday 22nd to Knockhill
(b) the Sunday 23rd to Knockhill

and planning to use the A68?

Paul.