ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Northern (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/)
-   -   NorthWest Summer Bash 24th/25th June (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/44554-northwest-summer-bash-24th-25th-june.html)

TonyNesta 25 April 2000 06:39 PM

Posted again here from the old events section......

A big meet is being planned for 24th/25th June in the Lake District, Cumbria.
The fist draft of the itinerary is as follows....
Saturday 24th June, 11:00 – Meet up at a suitable pub near Kendal/Windermere for lunch. Treasure Hunt instructions to be distributed.

14:00 – After lunch, depart for Sponsored Treasure Hunt, around the Windermere, Ullswater and Derwentwater area.

17:00 – Meet up again at the Hotel (yet to be decided), after completing the Treasure Hunt, for dinner and overnight stop.

Sunday 25th June, 11:00 – Depart Hotel to meet up at John Wildings Subaru dealers in Kendal, via ‘entertaining’ group drive on suitable roads around the Hotel location.

12:30 – Arrive at John Wildings, where several activities will be taking place
including;
Radio Controlled Car racing
Sponsored Car washes
Barbecue
Safe Driving briefing from local Traffic Police
Demonstration of the ‘Barrier Deadlock’ System
A tyre company may also be attending, supplying and fitting discounted
tyres to members cars, which will have been pre-arranged.

N.B. All times are approximate !

Contacts

Tony Nesta Tel. 0151-526-5599, e-mail tony@arnesta.freeserve.co.uk
Graeme Cornthwaite Tel. 0850-982-582, e-mail GCornthw@smcpneumatics.co.uk

Additional Notes

Members taking part will be sent sponsorship forms beforehand, and we are hoping that each car will have at least £50 worth of sponsorship from members’ friends and family, either on a clues collected basis or for completing the event. Monies collected will be donated to a registered charity.

There will also be prizes for the best performers in the Treasure Hunt.

As it is not timed or speed based, this event does not require a permit under RACMSA rules, and no special insurance is required.

I am currently negotiating with several hotels, to find competitive rates,and to find what discount is available for group bookings. Costs are expected to be £80-120 for a double/twin room, dinner, B&B.

Car washes will be performed on Wildings premises, at £5 a time, with the money again going to charity.

I have been in contact with Dick Grimes, and he has given us full backing for this event, and it will be publicised in True Grip.

We need AT LEAST 20 cars to make it work, preferably 30. I know of several people who are interested already, but if you have not let me know already, or want to confirm availability, please get in touch. I need to get an idea of numbers, so that I can sort out the hotel end of things.

Please don't feel this event is restricted to those in the NW - it would be fantastic to see people from all around the country.

TonyNesta 25 April 2000 07:02 PM

In order for me to get an idea of how many rooms will be required/reserved at the hotel, I need you to let me know if you will DEFINITELY be coming BY THURSDAY 18TH MAY.
I need to know what sort of room you require ie.twin/double/family.

You can let me know earlier if you're certain, and there may well be spaces after that date, but I need an idea so the hotel can calculate any discount, reserve rooms etc. I will then pass the details out to you all to make your own bookings.

Contact me if you have any queries, but be aware I will be unavailable between 28/04 - 09/05.

DaveW 25 April 2000 11:45 PM

Tony,

I'll be there. Book me down for a twin room.

DaveW

RaymondH 29 May 2000 12:26 AM

Tony - Is this still on and is there any more info yet? Thanks.

WALKER 02 June 2000 09:05 PM

Just booked our room, we will be staying the Friday night as well, so see you all there, probably in the bar!!!!!

Paul & Cheryl

RaymondH 05 June 2000 12:26 AM

So it's still on, then..............?

TonyNesta 05 June 2000 10:35 PM

....Yes its still on!

[This message has been edited by TonyNesta (edited 13-06-2000).]

TonyNesta 12 June 2000 03:59 PM

The meeting point for the Saturday is the Longlands Hotel near Carnforth at 11:30, directions can be provided. The Sunday route is almost completed, and again, directions will be provided.

If you still want hotel rooms, and haven't done so already, please book them
ASAP.

The Hotel have kindly agreed to hold the remaining reserved
rooms until the morning of Wednesday 14th June - the rest of the hotel is
full and they still have requests for accomodation, so get in there before
they go!

If you were not on the original list for a room, but want one, you can take
one of the reservations- price £89 for a twin/double B&B, £111 for a family
room B&B.

Please contact me (tony@arnesta.freeserve.co.uk or 0973 986 874) for details.

Cheers,

Tony

squiz 12 June 2000 06:15 PM

Tony hope to see you there as me and my mate will be washing the cars and organising the r.c car meeting plus my tamiya mini will thrash the r.c scoob see you soon squiz (steve w)p.s can you e-mail later about what u want us to do for the northen bash at wrights@pjss.freeserve.co.uk

TonyNesta 12 June 2000 10:01 PM

....will do Steve. I'll mail you tomorrow, and we'll sort out the details for the RC racing etc.

ps. my electric WRC blows away Glo-fuel cars!

squiz 13 June 2000 06:21 PM

My mini cooper s tamiya kit will blow the scoob into the weeds as it has a esc in it and runs on slicks it will whoop your scoob see u soon squiz p.s thanks for the e-mail hope u got my new adress

Otis 22 June 2000 08:49 AM

I assume this event is still on. I am planning to catch up with you all at John Wildings. Is that still kicking off at 12.30pm on Sunday?

Otis.

TonyNesta 22 June 2000 08:32 PM

Absolutely right Otis - still on schedule.

Otis 23 June 2000 12:34 AM

Tony,

Thanks for the reply. We are going to hit the outdoors with the tent so we'll catch up Sunday. We're leaving York Saturday morning to spend Saturday doing the tourist thing. However, if a dozen Scoobies scream past me an MY00 DBM V*** JAT will be joining on the back of the pack and abandoning all tourist intentions!!

If not I'll see you Sunday. Well done for getting this off the ground I am sure we'll have a top time.

Regards,

Otis.

TonyNesta 23 June 2000 10:45 PM

Hope the weather's OK for camping!