ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   WARNING : RED LETTER DAYS (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/444862-warning-red-letter-days.html)

Wish 27 July 2005 06:29 PM

WARNING : RED LETTER DAYS

The other half booked for me to do the Ferrari experiance at Thruxton on Friday, Ive been waiting for ages to do this.

Get a call today from Thruxton, saying red letter days unable to pay and are going bust.

Red letter days say they will not refund, we paid with a DEBT card not a CREDIT card. Where do i stand

Jerome 27 July 2005 06:38 PM

This would support the fact they are in trouble.

Wish 27 July 2005 06:58 PM

Going to call the bank tomorrow.

I just want to warn other people who are booked or are thinking of booking.

ALi-B 27 July 2005 07:09 PM

Feck!!! :eek: :mad:

I have a red letter day booked in november (earliest free date)

Looks like I'll have to get on the blower and check things out :(

Cheers for the heads up :thumb:

Paulo P 27 July 2005 07:18 PM

I've not heard good things about these red letter days anyway :( Maybe that's why they're in trouble, I'm sure someone on here had a similar experience a few months ago.

Gutting when you've paid for something and don't receive it :(

ALi-B 27 July 2005 07:29 PM

...Even more gutted when sombody buys it you for a gift. :(

I should have sent it back and use the petrol money for a track day instead ;)

Wish 27 July 2005 07:39 PM

Ali B Im sure there is a long delay with the booking so that people that have paid with there credit card are over a 3 month period, i could be wrong but i had to wait ages for my booking too

Luminous 27 July 2005 08:20 PM

crap :mad:

Throught that this was meant to be a successful company. I mean, how can it fail. They buy stuff cheap, and sell it for more!! How they can fail to pay for ppls events that they have already received the cash for is beyond me.

Someone really needs a good kick if this company goes tits up :(

ALi-B 27 July 2005 09:03 PM

Well seeing these two are part of running it:

Sir Rodney Walker
Rachel Elnaugh (founder)

I happily give them a kick on the behalf of the person who bought me the red letter :mad:

How exactly do you kill a £25million business? :cuckoo:

Wish 27 July 2005 09:15 PM

I think you will find the lady in question has just removed £20mil of shares and that has got the stock market all shakey.

Personaly I think she bang out of order as its taken my other half a long time to save up !

boomer 27 July 2005 09:32 PM

Bang goes the new BBC series of Dragons Den then :eek: - more licence fee money down the pan :rolleyes:

mb

JackClark 27 July 2005 10:39 PM

They screwed me over a couple of years ago. Ruined birthday.

Luminous 27 July 2005 10:49 PM

What happened?

JackClark 27 July 2005 10:55 PM

Don`t like to talk about it. :)

Luminous 27 July 2005 11:10 PM

Oh, OK. Fair enough....

:)

jods 28 July 2005 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by Wish
The other half booked for me to do the Ferrari experiance at Thruxton on Friday, Ive been waiting for ages to do this.

Get a call today from Thruxton, saying red letter days unable to pay and are going bust.

Red letter days say they will not refund, we paid with a DEBT card not a CREDIT card. Where do i stand

Dude, I think you have lost that money. Really harsh, as I understand it, if it had been paid by credit card you'd have had no problem in recovering the money. What sort of lesson is that ?

Unlucky on this one, however, I am a great believer in fate.

It will work out to have been for the best IMHO

Clett 28 July 2005 10:03 AM

Speaking of which, when is the next series of Dragon's Den??

paul-s 28 July 2005 10:05 AM

so what did they say when you phoned them and asked about your day. did they say they'd have to cancel, why couldn't you get a refund ?

Nicci 28 July 2005 10:09 AM

Good luck with the bank (I read this on f.chat too)

If you don't get the money back then I hope someone will help you out (especially as there are a few events on at the mo).

Nicola

grpbrallyfan 28 July 2005 10:11 AM

Would be great however to go on the next series of dragons den, with a completely rubbish product of course, and when she says "its not marketable/profitable" you could answer, "well, we all know where your advice leads you dont we love" *cough* red letter days *cough* *wink at camera*

seriously though, I hope you get your money back, could you not take it to a small claims court?

james

Wish 28 July 2005 10:43 AM

They point blank refuse to give me my money back.

Paulo P 28 July 2005 11:30 AM

w@nkers :mad:

Chris L 28 July 2005 12:04 PM

I was given a RLD voucher by my previous employer - got to say I've enjoyed two excellent days out and RLDs have been very good. Shame to see it in trouble.

*Sonic* 28 July 2005 12:21 PM

Did anyone get the Red Letter Day for the Space Shuttle trip, that was about 15 million quid ? as advertised in their brochures

That would be gutting to not get a refund on that

My Bro In law did his flight last week with no problems

ChrisB 28 July 2005 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by paulpalmer
w@nkers :mad:

The bank or RLD Paul?

Paulo P 28 July 2005 12:31 PM

The banks are powerless to get the money back if RLD refuse to offer a refund. I know that if they've gone bust that this isn't possible but I feel that it's bad that they've let their customers down and especially because most of these would have been bought as gifts with such high hopes of the receiver of the gift enjoying themselves. It sucks if you ask me :(

GaryK 28 July 2005 01:10 PM

There's too much of this company directors taking everything out of the company and then leaving it to flounder and leave many people out of pocket. Bottom line is if they are going into administration then kiss any money goodbye once the revenue, customs, bank, secured creditors and preferrential creditors take a slice there will be the grand sum of err £0.00 left!

I thought they were **** anyway all those experiences, like the driving ones, £100-150 for about 6 laps in a ferrari which you cant push very hard anyway.

Gary

Jonto 29 July 2005 01:00 PM

If they have gone into liquidation, you will be classed as a creditor and will need to fill a proof of debt form in, then if any dividend is payable (it usually isn't) you may receive some money back.

Moral of the story is - always pay on a credit card.

Regards
Jonathan

ALi-B 29 July 2005 05:34 PM

Well, I've been doing some phoning about. The company who is organising my RLD are happy and have had no payment problems with them, but they were already well aware over the problem with the paintball organisers mentioned in Jerome's link.

So AFAIK my RLD is still ok :)

(but I will try and book an earlier date if any cancelations crop up ;) )

RoganJosh 29 July 2005 07:16 PM

Got in by the skin of my teeth, had a great Porsche track day last saturday at Mallory Park. Sorry