ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   Anyone had a remapped golf/audi 1.8t b4 (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/444432-anyone-had-a-remapped-golf-audi-1-8t-b4.html)

semaj 26 July 2005 10:19 AM

Anyone had a remapped golf/audi 1.8t b4

hi,
Ive wanted a subaru for the past 3 years but unfortunatley the insurance is expensive.

Im currently 25 with clean licence and 7 years ncb, but the quotes im getting for a bug eye wrx are circa £1300. (change my postcode to 10 miles up the road and it comes down to £700)

alot of this has to do with the fact that i live in bradford.:cry:

So i bought myslef a golf 1.8t...... i know the handling is crap as standard but it can be sorted and you can get them remapped to around the 210bhp mark.

any of the subaru owners on here had a remapped 1.8t b4 ?

ScooBStu 26 July 2005 07:28 PM

When I was looking for a new car I considered the Leon Cupra 180BHP with the Revo chip to 208 or something. The insurance actually went up higher than the scooby cost to get insured due to the chip. Most companies go on the % increase too and I also tried a 150BHP cupra with 206BHP chip on it and I couldnt get a quote.

If you tell them or not is another matter.

mgcvk 26 July 2005 09:10 PM

This is by no means gospel, but a friend of a friend with a 1.8 turbo golf was telling me that you could get his engine mapped up to 210/220bhp. His was a company car which is why he couldn't do it. This is apparently switchable so it can be switched back to 180bhp for servicing or warranty issues etc. As I say prob best check out a Vdub/audi site for confirmation.

NWMark 27 July 2005 09:01 AM

150 1.8Ts do easily map to 190, and some will go upto 205-220 depending on turbo fitted(either KO3s or KO3) and engine code (some have bigger ports, some have vvt and some not).

Not exactly sure on the best combo (KO3s is best turbo out the two) but im sure a search on a vag forum will pull up the answer, http://www.uk-mkivs.net/

The 180bhp 1.8T engine will map to 210-220bhp.

Mark

maxim 28 July 2005 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by NWMark
some have vvt and some not

The 180bhp 1.8T engine will map to 210-220bhp.

The VVT is only used at low revs for fuel economy/emissions its not a proper vvt...

220bhp, I'd say a bit more, depending on which map you go for.

I've got 227bhp, with a jabba map and boost controller. SO I can turn the power down from 180 bhp to 227....

TheBigMan 28 July 2005 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by maxim
The VVT is only used at low revs for fuel economy/emissions its not a proper vvt...

220bhp, I'd say a bit more, depending on which map you go for.

I've got 227bhp, with a jabba map and boost controller. SO I can turn the power down from 180 bhp to 227....

Mwwwoooaaaaarrrppppp ssssssssshhhhHHHHHHHHHIISSSHH

ShhhiiiiiiiiSSSSSISISIIIISSISISI ccchhhhuuuSShhsHssh

Beeep, bip bip, bip beeeeeep BLIP. Bop, beeep bop bip-bip-bip.

maxim 28 July 2005 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by TheBigMan
Mwwwoooaaaaarrrppppp ssssssssshhhhHHHHHHHHHIISSSHH

ShhhiiiiiiiiSSSSSISISIIIISSISISI ccchhhhuuuSShhsHssh

Beeep, bip bip, bip beeeeeep BLIP. Bop, beeep bop bip-bip-bip.

nearly. Now where can I get a purple K&N filter?

TheBigMan 28 July 2005 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by maxim
nearly. Now where can I get a purple K&N filter?

You already have a big induction kit.....

bbbwwwoooaaarppp.

turboman786 28 July 2005 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by semaj
hi,

alot of this has to do with the fact that i live in bradford.:cry:

A fellow bradfordian.....welcome!

the Dark side 28 July 2005 05:17 PM

A couple of my mates have had there Audi & VW's 1.8T's mapped at the Racing line in Bradford, I have just spoke with one of them and apparently they use the same sofware as Jabbasport, the sofware is Dim something. re programs the factory ECu and is undetectable. My mate 217 BHP from his Audi 1.8T the diesel golf made about 180 on there dino.

try them 01274 881106 good fellas ;)

robby 28 July 2005 07:22 PM

I had a 2000 Golf turbo chipped with the Upsolute - this was quoted to be 197bhp and 199lb/ft torque, it made a hell of a difference to the driving but not the fuel :)
Later cars which are DBW (drive by wire) make more power than the early cable drive ones but not by much
The Upsolute chip cost £305 which included fitting at home when compared to the Revo, etc at £500 + vat+ fitting is a bargain
I also fitted a forge d/v as the origional bosch ones are prone to fail when the boost is increased, i also had a AEM induction kit fitted which sounded great (you can hear the whoosh) - this didn't seem to have any effect on the performance just the noise