ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Anyone map Link ECU's in Scotland..? (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/443752-anyone-map-link-ecus-in-scotland.html)

SCOOBYD00 23 July 2005 12:52 PM

Anyone map Link ECU's in Scotland..?

Was going to take a trip to see Andy F to get an Apexi unit but a change of plan & choice of car has seen me buying a car with a Link ECU..

My list of *tweaks is now growing and would rather get the car mapped to suit rather than assuming the current map would be OK..

Any takers?

Jolly Green Monster 23 July 2005 01:05 PM

Andy.F does Link.. I believe..

I can but I am in South East England.. lol teleport on order :rolleyes:

Also depending on year I might know someone wanting a Link, enabling you to go with original plan.

Simon

SCOOBYD00 23 July 2005 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Jolly Green Monster
Andy.F does Link.. I believe..

I can but I am in South East England.. lol teleport on order :rolleyes:

Also depending on year I might know someone wanting a Link, enabling you to go with original plan.

Simon

Hmmmm well waiting for Andy F to get back to me.. but may well consider some kind of deal.

STi V5

Jolly Green Monster 23 July 2005 10:01 PM

the person wanting a Link has a 98 so unfortunatly won't fit then.. oh well

Simon

SCOOBYD00 23 July 2005 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Jolly Green Monster
the person wanting a Link has a 98 so unfortunatly won't fit then.. oh well

Simon

Ahh well. Easy Jet flights pretty cheap... so if someone needed a re-map...

drb5 23 July 2005 10:43 PM

Don't think Andy does Link, Simon.

Speak to Sam Ellasar, though.

www.dentistmapped.com

Jolly Green Monster 23 July 2005 11:34 PM

Taken me a while but thought there was someone else wanting a 99 I had spoken to..

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=439824

Re-EasyJet.. tempting option but to be honest there is enough work to go around without the need to do that.
Andy has done Link.. promise you..

Simon :)

WUZ 24 July 2005 01:22 AM

I've done mine and a few others in Scotland but only a handfull (about 8):(

Glad to help if I am home (work 28/28 out of India)

Russell

ps - To be 100% satisfied, pay to fly Bob Rawle up via Easyjet!

coulty 24 July 2005 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by drb5
Don't think Andy does Link, Simon.

Speak to Sam Ellasar, though.

www.dentistmapped.com

Andy does do Link actually :p

SCOOBYD00 24 July 2005 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by WUZ
I've done mine and a few others in Scotland but only a handfull (about 8):(

Glad to help if I am home (work 28/28 out of India)

Russell

ps - To be 100% satisfied, pay to fly Bob Rawle up via Easyjet!

He mapped the car originally, nice to have someone local..

SCOOBYD00 24 July 2005 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by coulty
Andy does do Link actually :p

As soon as he replies to my PM I'll have confirmation then ;)

WUZ 24 July 2005 11:13 AM

I certainly have a spare copy of the Link Software that you can have and the Serial Link I use to map the cars via the laptop. If you want a look at the current map on the car, let me know and you could swing by the house and we'll do some datalogs and see how "out of tune" the car is:D

Russell

SCOOBYD00 24 July 2005 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by WUZ
I certainly have a spare copy of the Link Software that you can have and the Serial Link I use to map the cars via the laptop. If you want a look at the current map on the car, let me know and you could swing by the house and we'll do some datalogs and see how "out of tune" the car is:D

Russell

Picking up the car on Monday, I have no reason to think it needs re-done, more for the future with mods I have planned. Sounds a good offer, let you know how it goes.

Andy.F 24 July 2005 11:25 PM

I have mapped Link but only on half a dozen or so cars. I generally to try and sway customers towards Apexi/EcuTek in an effort to ensure they have a long and happy relationship with their car !

cheers

Andy

WUZ 25 July 2005 04:47 PM

Gotta agree with Andy there, tuning the Link to get a good idle was a nightmare on the 6-row and only slightly easier on the 10-row.

That why I am going Apexi this time!

Russell

Jolly Green Monster 25 July 2005 09:15 PM

Yep.. I'll map either.. lol or GEMs come to that.. but agree Apexi is so much more refined.

Simon (with an Apexi on his own car too)

SCOOBYD00 26 July 2005 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Andy.F
I have mapped Link but only on half a dozen or so cars. I generally to try and sway customers towards Apexi/EcuTek in an effort to ensure they have a long and happy relationship with their car !

cheers

Andy

1st day with car.. .after a 420mile drive last night... Goes well ;)

Will be in touch soon once I get the basics done, much pampered car but going to get the oils, plugs etc done initially.

SCOOBYD00 06 September 2005 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by WUZ

Russell

Still on for meeting up? Looks like I'll have to stick with Link for a couple of months but need to *tweak the map... FMIC & headers.... induction kit... SSQV.... :D