ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Lighting and Other Electrical (https://www.scoobynet.com/lighting-and-other-electrical-14/)
-   -   **LEXUS LIGHTS** (https://www.scoobynet.com/lighting-and-other-electrical-14/443054-lexus-lights.html)

ChriSTi 20 July 2005 07:07 PM

**LEXUS LIGHTS**

Just a quickie. got my car up for sale on here, and i've got lexus lights fitted on the back, is it putting people off buying, do they wanna see a classic with original lights on ????, i do have them boxed !!

Paulo P 20 July 2005 07:14 PM

Personally speaking for myself I'd never touch any car with lexus lights on because to me it portrays a max power image of someone who has thrashed their car within a mm of it's life. If it had the standard lights fitted then I wouldn't think twice.

My advice (for what it's worth) is to refit the standard lights and sell the lexus ones, there are still plenty of people willing to buy them :)

donutman 20 July 2005 07:24 PM

My advice is to refit the standard lights and throw the lexus ones in the bin, this will stop someone else spoiling there car.

As you can probably gather i would say refit the originals.

cheers

Sith 20 July 2005 07:32 PM

Lexus rear lights, Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite.

gaz c 20 July 2005 07:51 PM

[QUOTE=ChriSTi]Just a quickie. got my car up for sale on here, and i've got lexus lights fitted on the back, is it putting people off buying, do they wanna see a classic with original lights on ????, i do have them boxed !![/QUOTE

nice car m8 nothing wrong with them lights they look good :)

rossyboy 20 July 2005 08:03 PM

Chav ;)

Sorry, but someone had to say it :)

diehardbruce 20 July 2005 08:14 PM

get rid of the lexes lights, put the original back on brother!!!

ChriSTi 20 July 2005 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by diehardbruce
get rid of the lexes lights, put the original back on brother!!!

Thanx for the help people, I'll fit them soon then, the only problem is, is that its an import, and I've gotta have that w*nky fog light hanging off the bumper.

Btw, I'm 38 and the car hasn't been thrashed lol, I bought the lights a couple of years ago when it was the craze.

thanx again

Chris

gaz c 21 July 2005 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by rossyboy
Chav ;)

Sorry, but someone had to say it :)

chav?
no mate i dont own a tracksuit or baseball cap and the only ring ive got is a wedding ring.

yes all of you are write take them off it should sell?

i still think it looks good though (with them on).

Gutmann pug 21 July 2005 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by paulpalmer
Personally speaking for myself I'd never touch any car with lexus lights on because to me it portrays a max power image of someone who has thrashed their car within a mm of it's life. If it had the standard lights fitted then I wouldn't think twice.

My advice (for what it's worth) is to refit the standard lights and sell the lexus ones, there are still plenty of people willing to buy them :)

As usual I agree with Paul ....

Gary

Bubba po 21 July 2005 02:11 PM

What a wonderfully encouraging attitude is being shown in this thread. :)

corradoboy 21 July 2005 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by ChriSTi
I've gotta have that w*nky fog light hanging off the bumper.

A bit of cunning rewiring and either a red bulb or red LED and you could utilise one of the reversing lights as a foglight :cool:

ChriSTi 21 July 2005 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by corradoboy
A bit of cunning rewiring and either a red bulb or red LED and you could utilise one of the reversing lights as a foglight :cool:

thats how it is at the minute corridorboy, lol, what i'm saying is, i've got them fitted now, and the car's "UP FOR SALE", and I'm wandering if its putting people off, the fact i've got these things fitted ?????
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...Ti/Scooby5.jpg

corradoboy 21 July 2005 03:24 PM

I meant you could wire one of the reversing lights in the OE units as a foggy :rolleyes:

YES ! The chavy Lexus things will definately put people off :nono:

gaz c 21 July 2005 05:45 PM

im glad i saved my original lights i think i will change them back i dont want to be type cast as a c*#v:nono: .

7 Foot 21 July 2005 06:10 PM

They look like cheap Christmas decorations FFS.

ChriSTi 31 July 2005 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by 7 Foot
They look like cheap Christmas decorations FFS.

Car SOLD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>With lexus lights still on lol......

peachy wrx 31 July 2005 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Sith
Lexus rear lights, Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite.

i think you mean shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiite! :thumb:

7 Foot 31 July 2005 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by ChriSTi
Car SOLD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>With lexus lights still on lol......

At least you're shot of them.

MaDaSS 06 August 2005 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by paulpalmer

This is only my opinion, so please dont bite too much, but what a load of absolute bollox that statement really is.
What do you do in your scooby? Drive it like a grandma? Do 15 mph everywhere?
No, i bet you redline it the same as everyone else when the fancy takes yer.
LOL, such pish and from an admin too, jees.
I know lets buy a scooby and brag its never been driven!

StickyMicky 07 August 2005 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by MaDaSS
This is only my opinion, so please dont bite too much, but what a load of absolute bollox that statement really is.
What do you do in your scooby? Drive it like a grandma? Do 15 mph everywhere?
No, i bet you redline it the same as everyone else when the fancy takes yer.
LOL, such pish and from an admin too, jees.
I know lets buy a scooby and brag its never been driven!

you have chav lights as well then????

i would never buy a lexus clad car either
unless it was a lexus :rolleyes:

MaDaSS 07 August 2005 10:26 PM

Nah, i got an MY03 WRX, but i laughed like fcuk at comments that was all.
Like as though just because you DONT have lexus lights, the car would not be thrashed then? LOLz0rs to that f00ka!
Muppets.

Jay m A 15 August 2005 07:57 PM

Actually, its to do with perception.

IMO people who have Lexus lights fitted thinking it enhances the look of a car has delusions of grandeur, and all cosmetic aspects of what to do with a scooby are a polar opposite of mine.

So it naturally follows on to perceive that person has similar clueless attitudes when it comes to running the car.

It may not be the case, but people are always after the elusive standard, non -molested example. By putting lexus lights on, the car has just been raped.

And by the sounds of it, my perception is a rather common one.

manx minx 15 August 2005 09:00 PM

Glad I viewed this thread now as I wasn't sure whether to change my lights but I guessI will leave my classic lights in situ now and put the money to some engine mods.
Thanks folks