ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   I liked old Ted,how sad. (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/442299-i-liked-old-ted-how-sad.html)

paulr 17 July 2005 10:36 PM

I liked old Ted,how sad.

As you may know.Ted Heath passed away today,aged 89.
Personally i quite liked the old fool.

Is Michael Foot still alive?

David Lock 17 July 2005 10:48 PM

Post removed because I was a bit unkind about Michael Foot. And it was a Ted Heath post. One of the old school. DL

unclebuck 17 July 2005 10:52 PM

Now come on...

Ted Heath - R.I.P.

:(

dpb 17 July 2005 11:01 PM

For some reason, on reading the title, my first thought was the fast show and paul whitehouse(sp).......:D

im not sure Mr Heath did much good at all ( after all he gave rise to maggie..:eek:..)

..made a credible attempt with Morning Cloud mind.....:thumb:

jods 17 July 2005 11:08 PM

I also thought of the Fast Show first.

However, It is sad news of his passing.

Respect and condolences.

Leslie 18 July 2005 07:57 AM

He tried hard but never overcame the Unions.

Wish he had told us the truth about Europe though!

Les

Crapaud62 18 July 2005 08:15 AM

I always thought Ted Heath was one of the most obnoxious politicians ever. Just because he has passed away I don't change my view of him.

After the Tianemen Square massacre he was full of support for the Chinese and said they were right to crush the student protest.

He was one of the most anti-democratic PMs we've ever had. He was also fully in favour of a United States of Europe with total power in the hands of the few (just like his beloved China).

Whenever he met someone with differing views to himself he tended to just dismiss them as irrelevent in a pompous manner.

There have also been numerous other unsavoury accusations about him which suggest that he was not the "old grandad" figure he sometimes presented.

paulr 18 July 2005 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Crapaud62
Just because he has passed away I don't change my view of him.

Glad to hear it,there's nowt worse than false sincerity.

jasey 18 July 2005 08:29 AM

He tried to crush the Unions & failed.

Maggie crushes the Unions and good Old Ted hates her with a vengance (allegedly ringing everybody in joyous mood when she's finally booted out).

He appeared to be a sexist arse to be honest.

No wonder he never married !

Don't forget the 3 day week and all that.

Oh - and he let Harold Wilson in - Tony Blair's Role model and mentor (it would seem).

Apart from that he was Great ;).

Leslie 18 July 2005 11:49 AM

He actually tried to curb the greed of the Unions which was dragging the country down at the time. They were holding the country to ransom.

It is true that he knew all about the eventual ambitions of the Europeans, ie to form a federated Europe, but he told us at the time of his referendum over Europe that it was only intended to be a trading community. He lied by omission of the truth.

Wilson was a slimy creep who was eventually forced to resign suddenly as PM without the reason being notified!

Les

Dieseldog 18 July 2005 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Leslie
Wilson was a slimy creep who was eventually forced to resign suddenly as PM without the reason being notified!

Tell us more Leslie. Are you alluding to Wilson being Britains answer to Bill Clinton (Marcia Williams)? Clinton may have developed alternative uses for his cigar, but Wilsons pipe?! :eek: