ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   PPP OR TSL (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/442210-ppp-or-tsl.html)

ChriSTi 17 July 2005 04:44 PM

PPP OR TSL

Any advise really, Before I jump into buying a version 8 type UK with PPP, whats peoples thoughts on an unmoded blobeye and take it to TSL for their 333 conversion. Will this affect the warranty if I go for the 333 conversion, Any advise please. Which is the better option though.

16vmarc 17 July 2005 04:46 PM

Yes it will affect warranty. Only PPP will keep it entact.

ChriSTi 17 July 2005 04:50 PM

Cheers marc

p1doc 17 July 2005 09:22 PM

i had 03 stippp got it 333'ed -much more power and more driveable but warranty is gone,test drive a 03 sti ppp and then tsl demo and compare them and see what YOU think
also lookat EVO mag ?june 2004 tsl vs ppp etc tsl came out best for driveability
martin

DevilHimSelf 17 July 2005 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by ChriSTi
Any advise really, Before I jump into buying a version 8 type UK with PPP, whats peoples thoughts on an unmoded blobeye and take it to TSL for their 333 conversion. Will this affect the warranty if I go for the 333 conversion, Any advise please. Which is the better option though.

If yah drive in scotland your ppp could get u a 30 pound fine..

IMHO, TSL 333 is better then PPP.

malibuda 18 July 2005 07:39 AM

it is much easer to make a car go faster and dont give any warranty
why does tsl if they are so confident in there product give warranty
ppp is better because they give you better performance and warranty with it

ShyTot 18 July 2005 07:55 AM

Throwing 2 more things in to the stew: -

PPP is easier to insure (still a pain in the ar$e though) than TSL333 because the increase in power for some companies (Privilege, Direct Line..) is in a different band: -
PPP 10-20%
TSL 20% -> ??

PPP increases resale value, others tend to reduce it (?)

New_scooby_04 18 July 2005 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by malibuda
it is much easer to make a car go faster and dont give any warranty
why does tsl if they are so confident in there product give warranty
ppp is better because they give you better performance and warranty with it

Not better performance, but you do get to keep your warranty. Prodrive don't warranty the PPP either, Subaru merely accept these mods within the terms of their warranty. They'll not extend the same tolerance to other companies as they have a close relationship with Prodrive in WRC.

NS04

Dark Blue Mark 18 July 2005 11:31 AM

Believe WRC technologies will provide a package and will also honour the warranty.

MB

malibuda 18 July 2005 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
Not better performance, but you do get to keep your warranty. Prodrive don't warranty the PPP either, Subaru merely accept these mods within the terms of their warranty. They'll not extend the same tolerance to other companies as they have a close relationship with Prodrive in WRC.

NS04

i think that it is only that they have close relationship with Prodrive in WRC.
it must be more than that

urban 18 July 2005 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
NS04

Perhaps its more a case of Subaru accepting the mods because they trust Prodrive not to run about blowing up engines.

Of course they won't extend the same tolerance to other companies - why would they?

Shaun

DBY 18 July 2005 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Dark Blue Mark
Believe WRC technologies will provide a package and will also honour the warranty.

MB

Yes but I think you have to take it back to them for servicing for this to remain valid.

John

New_scooby_04 18 July 2005 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by urban
Perhaps its more a case of Subaru accepting the mods because they trust Prodrive not to run about blowing up engines.

Of course they won't extend the same tolerance to other companies - why would they?

Shaun

There is no reason for them to. That's not to say that they couldnt forge a similar arrangement with another company though, providing they had sufficient confidence in their R&D. Hard to see how many companies could compete with Prodrive on this front though! That's to say nothing of the WRC connection.

NS04

ozzy 18 July 2005 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by DevilHimSelf

LOL :D only way oop North though

Dark Blue Mark 18 July 2005 12:58 PM

Well, the PPP does use the Ecutek software, which wasn't developed by Prodrive ;)

MB

automodellistagt 18 July 2005 03:49 PM

simply comes down to

ppp = warrenty

tsl = faster but no warrenty

simple as really

Listy 18 July 2005 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by DevilHimSelf

IMHO, TSL 333 is better then PPP.

Why? Excuse my stupidity here!

automodellistagt 18 July 2005 03:55 PM

there was a thread about some guy who got pulled for having an illegal exhaust although it was just a prodirve one ;)

Dark Blue Mark 18 July 2005 04:37 PM

Listy, the Prodrive PPP makes nowhere near its claimed power in the real world, on certain rollers it will thogh ;) Can of worms anyone??? Im sure there was some equal debate on the 333 - but thats rolling roads for you :D

The TSL job is a custom map to the car, where the PPP is a generic one, so isn't going to be totally spot on by comparrison.

MB

PhilSti05 18 July 2005 06:12 PM

Take a look at wrc. they offer a 350bhp upgrade to an already ppp'd sti 7/8

http://www.wrc-tech.co.uk/subaru-04sti-performance.htm

G.Mac 18 July 2005 07:19 PM

sorry to stray from the inital thread but wrc-techs 360bhp upgrade does not sound that bad value for money at 4k with the prodrive package at 2k only giving you 305bhp, think I will keep these folk in mind for when mine out of warranty!!!
heres hoping prices come down over the next 3 yrs lol (I think not though!)

Graeme

Dark Blue Mark 18 July 2005 08:32 PM

Agreed, organised a RR day there and was impressed with their setup.

MB

p1doc 19 July 2005 08:23 AM

dont wrc inspect your car first before giving warranty and does their warranty cost money?
martin

wwp8 19 July 2005 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by PhilSti05

but you need to spend £2k on a ppp first though :rolleyes:

wwp8 19 July 2005 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by G.Mac
sorry to stray from the inital thread but wrc-techs 360bhp upgrade does not sound that bad value for money at 4k with the prodrive package at 2k only giving you 305bhp, think I will keep these folk in mind for when mine out of warranty!!!
heres hoping prices come down over the next 3 yrs lol (I think not though!)

Graeme

nice
no need for ppp too
http://www.wrc-tech.co.uk/subaru-04sti-WRC360.htm

the zorst don't look MOT safe though
http://www.wrc-tech.co.uk/images/aps...xhaust_500.jpg

Dark Blue Mark 19 July 2005 11:17 AM

When'd that ever bother anyone :D

MB

ChriSTi 19 July 2005 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Dark Blue Mark
When'd that ever bother anyone :D

MB

So I could by a ver 8 sti, without ppp, and wrc will upgrade it to 350 bhp, or can they add on top of ppp, to get it to 350 bhp ???, any contact No's, names, etc etc ???

Dark Blue Mark 19 July 2005 11:11 PM

Im not sure why it would have to have a PPP anyway? The ECU part of the PPP is an "off the shelf" TEK3 remap effectively - but having a PPP doesn't grant you the TEK3 license from memory.

Since the WRC upgrade involves the TEK3, you would have to pay for the licence and mapping whether it had the PPP or not?

Getting an STi8 to a real 350bhp doesnt seem to hard so not sure why it needs to be PPP already?

Maybe WRC can clarify here. Also many of their website links are broken.

MB

my cossy 20 July 2005 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by PhilSti05

how much is that then i cant get it up???