ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Shar-Pei (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/442014-shar-pei.html)

MOK79 16 July 2005 05:24 PM

Shar-Pei

Hey Guys and Gals

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if they no anyone who is selling any Shar-Pei puppies, or any where for that matter. Would like to get one as soon as poss.

Thanx in advance

Gav

Taff107 16 July 2005 06:21 PM

Aren't they the wrinkley dogs with too much skin? If so, speak to Ads at Scoobyclinic He may be able to let you know where to get one, although his little pup has just died.....:(

Johnny50 16 July 2005 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Taff107
Ads at Scoobyclinic He may be able to let you know where to get one, although his little pup has just died.....:(

Was just about to say that...

If i remember correctly, he knows the name of a good breeder.

ali_j 16 July 2005 07:15 PM

the chinese fighting dog, i heard originally thier skin was to supposed to be like sand paper and the skin is loose so the opponent can't get a grip or was that a different dog.

MOK79 16 July 2005 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Taff107
Aren't they the wrinkley dogs with too much skin? If so, speak to Ads at Scoobyclinic He may be able to let you know where to get one, although his little pup has just died.....:(

I saw that thread the other day.:( I don't think its really appropriate to ask him at the moment.

Yeah they are the dog. They're wicked IMHO.

JackClark 16 July 2005 08:19 PM

My friend has one that grew into it's skin!! Looks a bit funny now.

MOK79 16 July 2005 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark
My friend has one that grew into it's skin!! Looks a bit funny now.

That just wouldn't be the same :confused:

Listy 17 July 2005 11:06 AM

There is some for sale in my local Friday Add for £950.00

My son pointed them out when we were in the pub as we nearly bought one last year.

If I get in there later I'll grab the number for you. Failing that check out the Friday Add Website and do a search. This was the East Sussex Edition.

MOK79 17 July 2005 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Listy
There is some for sale in my local Friday Add for £950.00

My son pointed them out when we were in the pub as we nearly bought one last year.

If I get in there later I'll grab the number for you. Failing that check out the Friday Add Website and do a search. This was the East Sussex Edition.

That would be grand :thumb:

stormyuklondon1 17 July 2005 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by MOK79
Hey Guys and Gals

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if they no anyone who is selling any Shar-Pei puppies, or any where for that matter. Would like to get one as soon as poss.

Thanx in advance

Gav

have you looked into the pro's and con's of ownership? before we got our ridgeback we spent 6 months plus researching all the different breeds we were interested in before settling on the one that seemed to suit us best.

i'd recommend going to www.doglistener.co.uk there are lots of very knowledgable regulars on there, as well as expert professionals. Also contact a reputable breeder, pretty sure you'll be able to get contact details from krufts.

for what its worth, i talked to a vet regarding shar pei's(the missus fell in love with them), she said they can be very tempermental with other dogs, can suffer from quite a range of health problems, dislike the heat and be expensive to treat, but i did get the impression she wasnt a great fan of the breed!
oh, and make sure you can see at least one of the parents of the litter, normally a good indicator as the the disposition of the pups and theyre eventual personalities:)

PeteT 17 July 2005 11:13 PM

Try the Kennel Club web site, they have lists of puppies available. They ain't cheap though!!

specialx 18 July 2005 10:30 AM

hi guys,

we are feeling alot better about our loss so no worries if you want to get intouch with our breader drop me a PM and I'll give you the details but please read up on this bread as they are not easy to look after and have very special diets skins conditions etc that you must be aware of befor you buy one

other than that thay are great!!

little-ginge 18 July 2005 03:25 PM

I was going to suggest the Kennel Club.. it really depends on how much you want to pay, and how much worth you put in it's blood lines and hipe scores etc..

http://www.the-kennel-club.org.uk/