ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Hoodie gets his come-uppence!!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/441940-hoodie-gets-his-come-uppence.html)

ScoobyDoo555 16 July 2005 11:03 AM

Hoodie gets his come-uppence!!!!

News story today about a Gulf war veteran beating the sh1t out of a hoodie, after him being caught junping all over his car!!!

It went to court and the Judge let the war vet walk free, after accepting that the Police had not done enough to curtail these yobs' actions, and the area was falling victim to crime and anti-social behaviour.

Fukkin brilliant!!!!!

There IS justice in this world...

Dan

paul-s 16 July 2005 11:05 AM

excellent :D I'd do exactly the same

Is there a link to the story ??

djuk 16 July 2005 11:44 AM

I saw this too in the Daily Mail today, apparently he 'kicked and punched him like a punchbag' - marvelous :D

J4CKO 16 July 2005 12:36 PM

Daily Mail, hmmmm.

Gypsies, Asylum seekers, immigrants etc anything that isnt white, middle aged and middle class is in for a slating, I find myself getting all righteous and indignant when I read it so I try to avoid it. I just imagine a couple of about sixty sat in a very twee bungalow, retired early on a good pension (that the current workforce are paying for) trolling around in a Merc, visiting outlet villages, eating at country pubs whilst getting very irate about pretty much everything due to over exposure to the Daily Mail.

I am sure the kid deserved a slap though.

rr_ww 16 July 2005 01:48 PM

Link?

I fear that for every 1 judge that understands the problem they'll be a few others who dont though.

Leslie 17 July 2005 08:52 AM

Good to see there is at least one judge who has some common sense and is not frightened of the system.

Les

Listy 17 July 2005 11:04 AM

I'm going to nip out and do one myself by way of showing my support.

Perhaps we could arrange a "Beat up a Car Criminal" campaign rather like the much mailigned Max Power one I believe it was

:):):):):)

warrenm2 17 July 2005 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by J4CKO
Daily Mail, hmmmm.

Gypsies, Asylum seekers, immigrants etc anything that isnt white, middle aged and middle class is in for a slating, I find myself getting all righteous and indignant when I read it so I try to avoid it. I just imagine a couple of about sixty sat in a very twee bungalow, retired early on a good pension (that the current workforce are paying for) trolling around in a Merc, visiting outlet villages, eating at country pubs whilst getting very irate about pretty much everything due to over exposure to the Daily Mail.

The fact thats its in the Daily Mirror change anything for you?

J4CKO 17 July 2005 07:45 PM

No, still think the Daily Mail is a bit sh1t !

Like I said, I am sure he deserved it but I think we need to keep an eye on what we read.

Leslie 18 July 2005 08:05 AM

I was sorry to see he still had to pay £500 costs though.

Les :(

Jap2Scrap 18 July 2005 08:12 AM

Hang on, the guy got a 9 month suspended sentence, a permanent criminal record and 500 quid costs. At what point do you think he walked free?

This was made to sound like an exhonoration when in fact it was just a befitting sentence. It's not like he killed the guy.

Jay m A 18 July 2005 08:51 AM

Jamie's dad Tony Clark said: "All he did was put his foot on one car. He did not deserve to have that done to him."
Surprising to see the father feels an injustice has been done to his little darling :rolleyes:

Listy 18 July 2005 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by J4CKO
Daily Mail, hmmmm.

That paragraph is right up there in the Scoobynet Load Of Bollocks Stakes........

It's very rare I would be tempted to voice an opinion but unless you're deliberatly trying to provoke a reaction (And if you are well done) that is by far the biggest load of ****e I have read in quite some time !!!!

richs2891 18 July 2005 11:31 AM

Quote:
Jamie's dad Tony Clark said: "All he did was put his foot on one car. He did not deserve to have that done to him."

Surprising to see the father feels an injustice has been done to his little darling

Why isn't Tony Clark teaching his little darling Jamie that what he is doing is wrong and to respect others property ?
And would the Police / Courts convict little Jamie of jumping / criminal danmage to cars if by some remote chance he was caught, Most likely not !
Time we got our judicial system sorted out !

Richard

Fat Boy 18 July 2005 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Listy
That paragraph is right up there in the Scoobynet Load Of Bollocks Stakes........

It's very rare I would be tempted to voice an opinion but unless you're deliberatly trying to provoke a reaction (And if you are well done) that is by far the biggest load of ****e I have read in quite some time !!!!

Have to disagree - The Daily Mail is the worst newspaper in the country, at least the Red Tops don't try to pretend to be the voice of reason unlike the po faced sanctimonious little englander race hate peddling rothermere rag...all in MHO, of course

Leslie 18 July 2005 11:37 AM

What's a Little Englander?

Les

Nat 18 July 2005 12:12 PM

The Mail is an appalling and inherently racist, homophobic, and scare mongering rag of an excuse for a newspaper.

I do like this story though :)

paul-s 18 July 2005 12:16 PM

yep agree, the mail is one w*nk paper, totally biased

OllyK 18 July 2005 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by paul-s
yep agree, the mail is one w*nk paper,

Right up there with The Sun, Mirror, Star, Sport, Express etc etc.

totally biased
Find me anybody within the media that reports anything in an un-biased manner.

Listy 18 July 2005 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Fat Boy
Have to disagree - The Daily Mail is the worst newspaper in the country, at least the Red Tops don't try to pretend to be the voice of reason unlike the po faced sanctimonious little englander race hate peddling rothermere rag...all in MHO, of course

Don't disagree at all Fatboy. Infact that's fair comment.

My quibble was the assumptions made about people in general and how they've got to 60, retired got a house and a Merc and and are now somehow being chastised for Working all there life to get there !!!

Perhaps it's an over reaction or misinterpretation on my part to the point in question but the Comment seamed to be extremely generalised and quite frankly as biggoted as the opinionated as the the paper he was having a snipe at.

Just stunk of hypocracy IMHO :)

Cest-La-Vie though eh !!!

ScoobyDoo555 18 July 2005 07:10 PM

Anywya, who gives a t0$$ about what you lot think of the papers - the post is about the story itself..... ;)

I'm sure I would have done the same thing in his position (made his acquaintance with my boot!!!) :D

Dan

And "No" - I didn't get this from the Daily Mail :p

J4CKO 18 July 2005 08:26 PM

'My quibble was the assumptions made about people in general and how they've got to 60, retired got a house and a Merc and and are now somehow being chastised for Working all there life to get there !!!'

No problem with the working all the life bit, its the attitude that everyone who isnt the same is in some way inferior, have seen it a lot.

Fat Boy 18 July 2005 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Listy
Don't disagree at all Fatboy. Infact that's fair comment.

My quibble was the assumptions made about people in general and how they've got to 60, retired got a house and a Merc and and are now somehow being chastised for Working all there life to get there !!!

Perhaps it's an over reaction or misinterpretation on my part to the point in question but the Comment seamed to be extremely generalised and quite frankly as biggoted as the opinionated as the the paper he was having a snipe at.

Just stunk of hypocracy IMHO :)

Cest-La-Vie though eh !!!

More like "c'est la guerre...". Nothing wrong with anyone having worked to do that and I'm certainly no class warrior, so we'll have to agree to agree ;);)

Les

little englander - the sort who read the Mail as gospel? Alternatively, the sort of blinkered, delusional types who start conversations like " Now i'm not saying Hitler was right, but" or "some of my best friends are black/ gay/ foreign/ etc ( delete as applicable), BUT" or "All I'm saying is why are they coming over here stealing our jobs" etc. A lot of it based primarily on nasty little newspapers like the Mail or Express feeding blind prejudice aaarrrgggh - it makes my head explode. Sorry, rant over