ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   The police are asking for help (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/441768-the-police-are-asking-for-help.html)

Scooby_Dee 15 July 2005 03:39 PM

The police are asking for help

to raise money for this anyone going to help? :hjtwofing

Jap2Scrap 15 July 2005 03:43 PM

Fooooooooooooooooooook Me!

Are they serious??

Mind you, there's probably plenty of Good Citizens willing to chip in for some :(

OllyK 15 July 2005 03:48 PM

It's not like they are exactly struggling to generate revenue through speeding vehicles, now is it?

Jerome 15 July 2005 03:49 PM

I hope all those who donate are the first to get caught. Poetic justice. :D

Paulo P 15 July 2005 03:57 PM

I can't believe what I've just read! If they got a loan out for it they could repay it on 3 days :rolleyes:

SJ_Skyline 15 July 2005 03:57 PM

:lol1:

No!!

SJ_Skyline 15 July 2005 04:01 PM

Save some money!! With the pound relatively strong against the dollar and I'm sure they have finance options available as well if West Cornwall constabulary are feeling particularly pikey this week! :razz:

Markus 15 July 2005 04:10 PM

I'd dontate to the cause...

...so long as I'd be able to use the handheld camera, which I would, but I'd accidentally drop it and break it, oh dear, shame, no more handheld camera :D

I agree with the person's comment that it's akin to being asked to purchase equipment for the NHS.

Next thing will be them asking for people to help fund a GATSO.

Martin_Aimless 15 July 2005 04:12 PM

Some **** donated 300 quid.

highlander68k 15 July 2005 04:51 PM

Some states in the US don't allow police forces to purchase their own cameras. They have to be donated. It's normally the schools that are the ones that buy them for the police.

Abdabz 15 July 2005 04:55 PM

Not good that they are asking for public donations :eek: - I thought thats what my taxes and the fines from those unable to maintain a legal speed did - pay for more speed guns?
Ah well someone voted them back in again - that NL...I didnt... Its not my fault...

OllyK 15 July 2005 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Markus
I agree with the person's comment that it's akin to being asked to purchase equipment for the NHS.

I dunno, if you buy something for the NHS you may benefit from it. This is more like sponsor a mugger.

CrisPDuk 15 July 2005 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by OllyK
This is more like sponsor a mugger.

FPMSL:D:D:thumb:

subaru swift 15 July 2005 05:03 PM

the fu@king cheeky sods !, they should ask for money for the NHS or something good not some kob rot thing like this !.. .

poor show england, are we really getting this bad ??? moan moan i know lets make the car people play for running the UK !... . DI@K heads ;-(

UK300-199 15 July 2005 05:14 PM

Im willing to donate £3000 if i get 50% of the fines.

The Zohan 15 July 2005 05:15 PM

The fecker should get a loan for it, it will return the money on no time.;)

Perhaps a copper not stod at the side of the road waving a camera at cars to make money for the govenment could be out stopping robbers, rapists, drug dealers, terrorists, murderers, etc.

Shameful really.

Scooby Randjit 15 July 2005 09:50 PM

Can't see the big problem myself, just wish the law around my place would try something similair.
It is a simple fact - Don't speed and you wont be prosecuted. Same as don't Shoplift and you wont be prosecuted.

It is so simple it hurts

ru' 15 July 2005 10:31 PM

It was only a matter of time... :freak3:

Chip 15 July 2005 10:59 PM

The mind boggles

Chip

Scooby Randjit 15 July 2005 11:00 PM

A matter of time before what exactly ????????
Perhaps someone pointing out the blindingly obvious ?
Just get real and realise that if you endanger others you WILL be caught

Jap2Scrap 15 July 2005 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Scooby Randjit

How come the ones who say this always sound the bloody same? It's like they're chanting some fricking mantra from the 'holier than thou' hymn sheet :(

Jerome 16 July 2005 12:51 AM

Can't see the big problem myself, just wish the law around my place would try something similair.
It is a simple fact - Don't speed and you wont be prosecuted. Same as don't Shoplift and you wont be prosecuted.

It is so simple it hurts

Maybe you would get a more favourable response to your "anti-speeding even when safe and appropriate to the conditions" attitude here. :)

Also don't be suprised if someone with such a low post count is assumed to be one of pslewis's (or anothers) many extra usernames.

Scoobydaddy 16 July 2005 12:57 AM

Bring back the man waving the red flag !

Leslie 16 July 2005 07:41 AM

That really is a bit of a cheek!

Les

djuk 16 July 2005 08:02 AM

Yes because it's really that simple.... fool

starstruck 16 July 2005 08:11 PM

Well said Randjit,
What some dimbwits fail to see is that speding is illegal. They may not like it but that is the fact of the matter.
Instead of griping about the poilicy that is currently in force why not strain the few brain cells they use and do something about it ?
Either abide by the law of the land or attempt to change it, legally I must add !
So many pseudo P Solbergs think that it is acceptable to break speed limits because "I have a car that is loosely based on a rally car, so I realise the dangers of innapropriate speed etc, etc" but do absolutely FA about the percieved wrong doings from HM Government.
How may actually took part in the recent M4 protests ? Very few I would wager.
As Randjit said earler, "It's so simple it hurts, dont break the law and you wont be prosecuted", well said sir

spireite 16 July 2005 08:22 PM

anyone who can speed around the streets of st ives should be driving for the swrt

leonpoole 16 July 2005 08:25 PM

I dont know how they dare ask for donations

PJ's Scoob 16 July 2005 08:36 PM

just what the world needs another fecking Tree Hugger!

Go and buy a sinclair C5 you lefty

Jye 16 July 2005 08:41 PM

Scary stuff. Not been on much but the mind does boggle. Is this still a Scooby forum?