ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   So a child dies every three seconds.... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/438932-so-a-child-dies-every-three-seconds.html)

farmer1 03 July 2005 05:12 PM

So a child dies every three seconds....

but how often is one born. Think this is another major issue aswell

ALi-B 03 July 2005 05:17 PM

And what is the overall population and GDP per capita

farmer1 03 July 2005 05:23 PM

Correct me if I am wrong, but the world has one giant pot of money(unchanging amount), at the moment it is divided up unequally between the worlds population(changing) causing us to be very rich and africa to be very poor proportionally. In order to change this balance either money from the rich has to move to the poor or the amount of population has to decrease allowing each person to potentially have more.

None of which is a complete fix, so both need to be adhered to.

paulr 03 July 2005 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by farmer1

Just say what you think instead of skirting round the issue.

rr_ww 03 July 2005 06:23 PM

Yeah but Geldof and his trendy followers dont care about that. They want to make Political names for themselves. "ooh look we managed to get 18 of the worlds poorest nations debt cancelled"

I think its worth remembering that Band Aid didnt change Africa significantly. And if you really cared about the campaign "Make Poverty history" you would have been marching in Edinborough. Not listening to Robbie Williams and Pink Floyd in Hyde Park!

GCollier 03 July 2005 06:31 PM

Correct me if I am wrong, but the world has one giant pot of money(unchanging amount), at the moment it is divided up unequally between the worlds population(changing) causing us to be very rich and africa to be very poor proportionally. In order to change this balance either money from the rich has to move to the poor or the amount of population has to decrease allowing each person to potentially have more.

None of which is a complete fix, so both need to be adhered to.

You're wrong to suggest the amount of money in the world is somehow fixed, and that poor nations can only become richer by rich nations becoming poorer or by population decrease.

The key to increasing wealth is via education, technology and a non-repressive/corrupt government which allows an entrepreneurial spirit to thrive.

A richer Africa would provide greater opportunities for trade and would undoubtedly benefit the UK.

Gary.

rr_ww 03 July 2005 06:34 PM

No there is only a certain amount of money in the World. Otherwise it becomes less valuable. Simple Economics

A richer africa wont help our farmers when Tescos start buying from africa will it?

paulr 03 July 2005 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by rr_ww
No there is only a certain amount of money in the World. Otherwise it becomes less valuable. Simple Economics

Are you 11 years old with a comment like that?

Tiggs 03 July 2005 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by paulr

you are both wrong....some gets lost behind sofas so its actually going down.

paulr 03 July 2005 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Tiggs
you are both wrong....some gets lost behind sofas so its actually going down.

Good point,with insights like that you should be a financial advisor .

rr_ww 03 July 2005 06:50 PM

errr Nope. Go down to the Royal Mint. Get them to print off £6 Billion

Now theres more money in circulation. Hence the ACTUAL value is less. Thought that was obvious

paulr 03 July 2005 06:58 PM

Money is a means of exchange,if you produce more then you have more to exchange.Its not either or.

rr_ww 03 July 2005 07:02 PM

But its only a means of exchange when it has a value set by the amount of it in the world.

Good Grief :rolleyes: ;) :p

paulr 03 July 2005 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by rr_ww
But its only a means of exchange when it has a value set by the amount of it in the world.

Good Grief :rolleyes: ;) :p

Assuming you're not taking the piss...

There are 5 continents in the world.If through efficiency and increased productivity they all increase output by a factor of three and say previously Africa exported 1000 tonnes of coffee in exchange for 100 BMW's then it would become 3000 tonnes of coffee for 300 BMW's.One gets more cars,the other more coffee..........everyone wins.If one increases productivity it doesnt mean other decreases productivity.Its not either or.

ALi-B 03 July 2005 07:26 PM

Last time I checked, Africans weren't driving round in BMWs ;)

J4CKO 03 July 2005 07:34 PM

Its total Gridlock maaannn.

ALi-B 03 July 2005 07:38 PM

Just think what it would be like if every African COULD afford a BMW :eek:

Huxley 03 July 2005 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by ALi-B
Last time I checked, Africans weren't driving round in BMWs ;)

FPMSL

Naa their spending there time breeding and making Lots and lots and lots of babies for us to feel sorry for !!!!

NOT :rolleyes:

Jaydee5 03 July 2005 07:53 PM

Get your sorry ar$es off of your sofas and get them half way round the world....take a look at whats going on :freak3:

These folk don't "breed" for a pass time...they simply don't have the education that you have been fortunate to receive :Whatever_

How easy it is to judge when you have everything :(

I can't believe that you all think you have the answer to every individuals problem :nono:

Does YOUR neighbour suffer from malnutrition etc :mad:

moses 03 July 2005 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Huxley
FPMSL

Naa their spending there time breeding and making Lots and lots and lots of babies for us to feel sorry for !!!!

NOT :rolleyes:

at least their making babies and try to look after them unlike the ******* children of our country, woman shagged in one night stands or assholes running away and shagging another bird and making her preggers too and scrounging from the dole more ******* children more benefits more chav scum having kids and more tax's we pay

Huxley 03 July 2005 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Jaydee5
Get your sorry ar$es off of your sofas and get them half way round the world....take a look at whats going on :freak3:

These folk don't "breed" for a pass time...they simply don't have the education that you have been fortunate to receive :Whatever_

How easy it is to judge when you have everything :(

I can't believe that you all think you have the answer to every individuals problem :nono:

Does YOUR neighbour suffer from malnutrition etc :mad:

1 My arse is not sorry in the least to whats going on out in lets breed for the sake of it land

2 I don't have everything

3 Geldof answer for all is money

4 I DON'T care

Huxley 03 July 2005 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by moses
at least their making babies

I rest my case :rolleyes:

Jaydee5 03 July 2005 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Huxley
1 My arse is not sorry in the least to whats going on out in lets breed for the sake of it land

2 I don't have everything

4 I DON'T care

Go stick your head in the sand and keep your ar$e in the air :)

and your money? i think there's a place for it in the air :freak3:

Not that anyone one wants to part you from it , of course :Whatever_

jods 03 July 2005 08:47 PM

That's very very rude.

11 year olds are far brighter !!!
:norty:

yoza 03 July 2005 09:12 PM

If I was female and living in a mud shack in Africa, starving, with no income, no sanitation, no hope........and no Subaru.

I wouldnt be thinking of having 14 kids, in fact I wouldnt be thinking of sex at all.

Contraception must be high up on the 'to do' list, or is this not allowed by their religion ?

Im all for helping out, and have supported various charities, Im as moved as much as the next person when the DRIVE video comes on, but I dont understand the 14 kids bit........:confused:

"If we could change it all tomorrow" the debt was wiped out and everything gets better, all the wealthy countries pump in as much cash as they can give, a child will survive rather than die every 3 seconds....thats one serious population boom, could the country sustain them ?

Clarebabes 03 July 2005 10:02 PM

Perhaps the women don't have much choice in whether they get pregnant or not? Just a thought. Not necessarily their fault.

Edited to say that they don't have the excuse of having a headache. I'm sure women don't have many rights at all in fact. :(

Jaydee5 03 July 2005 10:14 PM

Rights!!! Rights!!!!

These women don't know the word exists!!!!!!

I could get SO mad about ar$eholes who blame them for bringing more kids into the world.....but my guess is...they are as ignorant as the poor fcuking women in africa!!!!!:notworthy

Huxley 03 July 2005 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Jaydee5
Rights!!! Rights!!!!

These women don't know the word exists!!!!!!

I could get SO mad about ar$eholes who blame them for bringing more kids into the world.....but my guess is...they are as ignorant as the poor fcuking women in africa!!!!!:notworthy

So whos fault is it then FFS ????

The Queen or Tony Blair asking them to have kids:ponder2:

Peanuts 03 July 2005 10:21 PM

the current campaign is about awareness, we dont want your money, we want you.

Huxley 03 July 2005 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Peanuts

the current campaign is about awareness, we dont want your money, we want you.

No chance :D