ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Ebay? How long do leave it to report seller? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/436690-ebay-how-long-do-leave-it-to-report-seller.html)

White-Un 23 June 2005 03:11 PM

Ebay? How long do leave it to report seller?

Its been nearly 10 days since i did a BUY IT NOW and paid for a item on
Ebay. Since then i`ve heard nothin from the seller , I sent him (or her) a Email 2 days ago and still nothin ? Whats the next step or am i just bein a bit impatient !!

Cheers White un

CrisPDuk 23 June 2005 03:14 PM

Do bear in mind that it is the holiday season, I'd give it another 3-4 days personally.

tonybooth 23 June 2005 03:20 PM

Personally I would report it now especially if you have had no e-mail correspondence from the seller. I can't see why you would list something for sale if you were going to be away during the auction.

TONY

STi wanna Subaru 23 June 2005 03:38 PM

I'd give them 2 weeks from the end of auction but my gut instict is it's not a good outcome.

White-Un 23 June 2005 03:39 PM

I paid with Paypal, so i can get me money back cant I ? Never had to do it before.

OllyK 23 June 2005 03:47 PM

Have they got a phone number displayed anywhere? Number of times I've seen bad feedback with a response of "Why didn't you call me". Worth a shot?!

White-Un 23 June 2005 03:54 PM

No mate sadly not, Just Email. Can`t understand he got 100% feedback from 86 items. Why would he ruin it ???

tonybooth 23 June 2005 03:58 PM

The items may have been listed fraudulently under his seller name and if the real seller is on holiday he won't have a clue.

What did you buy?

TONY

White-Un 23 June 2005 04:03 PM

It a G-Meter Pro only 40 Quid , measure 0-60 , 1/4 mile etc....

Please feel free to take the piss ! lol !!!

richs2891 23 June 2005 04:13 PM

Yes can get the money back if paid with paypal, had to do this recently with a ebay item that was lost in post. And claimed that their e-mail was not working yet strangely saw the ebay fraudlent claim against him to the same e-mail address !
Follow the ebay claim and pay pal covers both the buyer and the seller for a set amount per year.

Personally would do it if had no responce within two weeks.

Richard

scoobimax 23 June 2005 04:16 PM

Take a look at the e-bay Q&A bit for reporting traders. It's usually quite helpful.

Also if you've a name and address you can always use the BT interet site - you get 10 free enquiries a day - to find his number and give him a call.

Max

White-Un 23 June 2005 04:18 PM

Guess just have to wait bit longer, If had no responce i`ll claim it back. Good job paid with Paypal really .

White-Un 23 June 2005 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by scoobimax
Take a look at the e-bay Q&A bit for reporting traders. It's usually quite helpful.

Also if you've a name and address you can always use the BT interet site - you get 10 free enquiries a day - to find his number and give him a call.

Max

I`ll give that i try to .

Thanx everyone :thumb:

White un

Apparition 23 June 2005 05:48 PM

Call me impatient .... and t'other half does on a regular basis, but I only give sellers a week tops to communicate, then I start getting grumpy. If they are selling then they SHOULD be there to follow up. There are sometimes extenuating circumstances but on the whole there should be immediate channels of communication open both ways to smooth the sale/purchase.