ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   If you want to make yourself really envious/jealous... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/436414-if-you-want-to-make-yourself-really-envious-jealous.html)

Nat 22 June 2005 01:20 PM

If you want to make yourself really envious/jealous...

Buy this months GQ magazine and have a look at the article where Jay Kay tours you through his cars.....

Best quote, as he was being taken out by Andrea Bertolini in an Enzo at Maranello

AB: You like to go sideways?

JK: I live my life to go f**king sideways, pal, you go as sideways as you like!"

:D

Respect to the man, he knows and love his cars.

It's also got Angelina Jolie on the cover and inside ;)

ChrisB 22 June 2005 01:24 PM

Respect to the man, he knows and love his cars.
Further respect for having his own pub at his house :cool: :D

T4molie 22 June 2005 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisB
Further respect for having his own pub at his house :cool: :D

Tis true :)

Maximum respect to a man that has a nice selection of cars and his own pub :D

Nat 22 June 2005 01:37 PM

Living the Dream has never been a more appropriate phrase :D

Luke C 22 June 2005 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by T4molie
Tis true :)

Maximum respect to a man that has a nice selection of cars and his own pub :D

Yes much respect is due although he has dodgy taste in hats!

:D:D:D

Dunk 22 June 2005 01:41 PM

Although he does have a face like a miniature pony.

D

Rioja 22 June 2005 01:42 PM

So, does Jay Kay have the ultimate dream lifestyle; more money than a lottery winner, cool cars, top house, a sprinkling of musical talent and (probably) more girls than his tongue can handle?

Is he in a list of one, or are there others?

wez_sti 22 June 2005 01:46 PM

i'd say Hugh Hefner has had a fairly good time.....

davyboy 22 June 2005 01:48 PM

No respect. The guy is a class A w@nker!

Never before have I seen such an arrogant w@nker get headbutted like he did. That has to be one of the best bits of TV I have ever seen.......if ever someone deserved it, it's him.

What a COCKSMITH!

T4molie 22 June 2005 01:51 PM

Davy,

Do you know/have met him personally? :)

SiPie 22 June 2005 01:52 PM

What a COCKSMITH!
Don't hold back :rolleyes:

Always comes across as one of the better ones IMHO

Similar to Eddy Irvine, someone that knows how to enjoy their fortune and not give a feck about doing so......life's too short

Chill Davyboy ;)

Dunk 22 June 2005 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by davyboy

Never before have I seen such an arrogant w@nker get headbutted like he did. That has to be one of the best bits of TV I have ever seen.......if ever someone deserved it, it's him.

What a COCKSMITH!

:thumb:

D

Diablo 22 June 2005 01:57 PM

What a COCKSMITH!

LoL

Coming from one of scoobynet's most, opinionated, image orientated, "designer label and car" snobs thats quite ironic :D

Fair play to the bloke, wanker or not, he's done well for himself.

The Zohan 22 June 2005 02:06 PM

What a COCKSMITH!

Two sides to every story i am sure. Easy to make judgements based on a few minutes of editied TV.

Pro photographer friend of mine did a shoot with him recently at his house. found him pleasant and a laugh and really good company. Loves his cars and happy to chat and show them to people who are interrested, not show off, just his passion in a petrolhead sort of way.

Photographer friend chatted to him about his Enzo ans telling him how he had driven one and what a blast - (we have both driven one on a job of mine) and JK said his was away having new rear tyres otherwise he (photographer) was welcome to have a go.

I have a 'sneaking' respect for JK.

davyboy 22 June 2005 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Diablo
LoL

Coming from one of scoobynet's most, opinionated, image orientated, "designer label and car" snobs thats quite ironic

Get out of here! :D

Freak 22 June 2005 02:45 PM

Hes a sound guy- ask him about his cars and he will chew your ear for hours. :)

SiPie 22 June 2005 02:52 PM

Hes a sound guy
Quite the opposite of Davyboy :D

Naomi_WRX 22 June 2005 02:55 PM

he was an idiot when that journalist hit me motor but other than that - i dunno he might be ok? :) i think he's quite cool muzikally.

Dieseldog 22 June 2005 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Rioja
So, does Jay Kay have the ultimate dream lifestyle; more money than a lottery winner, cool cars, top house...

Is he in a list of one, or are there others?

Remember reading an old Q magazine where 'Slash', asked what he was planning after Guns 'n' Roses, replied he was considering opening a Go-kart track where afterwards he'd offer a curry served by topless chicks.

I mean, what more do you want? :p

Bu'mole 22 June 2005 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Dieseldog

I mean, what more do you want? :p

Beer served with a gaping, twitching bu'mole.

davyboy 22 June 2005 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by SiPie
Quite the opposite of Davyboy :D

:p

SiPie 22 June 2005 03:23 PM

Good on ya Davyboy

Glad some people on here still take a laugh well :D

Diablo 22 June 2005 03:35 PM

:D

davyboy 22 June 2005 04:46 PM

I don't know the bloke, it just ammused me hugely to see him get head butted :) after being all cocky.

He seemed OK on Jo Wileys show the other month. I was more interested in how he had turned his life around after giving up the drugs etc.

Dave

MadMark 22 June 2005 05:55 PM

I live quite close to him and have bumped into him a few times. At a local Shell station (Thame) the other day he seemed very really chatty and at my request gave his Enzo "full beans" out of the petrol station ..... lovely! :D

J4CKO 22 June 2005 07:10 PM

I have never heard a bad word about the man apaprt from the odd after show fracas but I have had a few of those and I am nobody !, seems fairly down to earth considering where he has got to, he used to take the odd kid for a blast in his Diablo which seemed like a dream come true for some little fella but nowadays I suppose he darent for fear gets accused of buggering them. By and large he makes good music as well, is his band a bad or a solo artist and backing, it used to seem to be a band but they seem to have faded further into the background ?