ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Stolen :( (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/436332-stolen.html)

Dave Hughes 22 June 2005 12:18 AM

Stolen :(

Four tooled up lads kicked in my front door tonight and demanded the keys to my STI, I duly handed them over safe in the knowledge that blackjax would do it's thing which it did. Car safely recovered 1/2 a mile away by the police but it will be for sale soon as my poor 8 month pregnant wife is in bits.

B@stards.

scogsywrx 22 June 2005 12:25 AM

f**kin lowlife scummy w**kers,hope ya family is ok.

BedHog 22 June 2005 12:27 AM

That must have been awful.

A shame you are going to sell, but totally understandable in your position.

Nice to see that BlackJax works though - might get one myself now. Pity the barstuds didn't crash and burn.

Buckrogers 22 June 2005 12:30 AM

Glad to hear you are ok.

Ever thought about getting a dog? Might not stop it happening, but might help put your wifes fears at a bit more ease.

Buck

kazlo 22 June 2005 12:37 AM

i know it wont help , but i feel for ya mate, hope the good lady and your baby are fine, all the best kazlo ,

rizzy 22 June 2005 01:22 AM

about 60-100 cars have been stolen from the birmingham coventry area.

subaru's n evo's

m3matt 22 June 2005 01:37 AM

:( so, so sad - one of the reasons for not wanting another one - maybe a sleeper is the key. I had someone try and break into my place once to get my RB5, v.scarey. I hope you and your wife get over it soon.

FIRESTARTER ! 22 June 2005 01:43 AM

sad?im fuming:mad: to know that mate thats terrible:( hope your missus is ok and u are.must ave been such an awful situ for the time of the incident for you

Dazza01 22 June 2005 02:26 AM

Foo kin 'ell mate, every performace drivers nightmare this, made worse because of your wife being pregnant :eek:
Glad your all ok tho thats the main thing, hope thay catch and shoot the w@nkers

Dave Hughes 22 June 2005 04:33 AM

Provided the car is unharmed (I have my fingers crossed, I'll get it back from the Police later) I do not intend to claim on my insurance.

Does anyone know, this being the case, if the car will be recorded as Stolen Recovered on HPI or not ??

Me and wife now very nervous that they will come back and try again, this time they'll want the code too :(

Really don't know what to do, I think I'll have to sell it and take it on the chin.

A very sad day, I've only had her a 7 weeks :(

ScooByer Trade 22 June 2005 05:02 AM

Unlucky these type of incidents really pee me off and i'm glad you and your family are ok. I bet the coppers are doing their best ( i ****ing hope so too ). If the twats are caught chop their hands and feet off.

ScooByer Trade 22 June 2005 05:06 AM

Instead of selling your scoob it could be stored in a secure lock up. For an instance they did come back you could always tell them it is sold. Could always buy a cheap run around for work etc.

ScooByer Trade 22 June 2005 05:19 AM

My guess is the car would be on the hpi register but if it is not significantly damaged and want to keep it ( we would understand in your situation if you didn't ) you have a mint scooby to drive.

Scoob99 22 June 2005 05:34 AM

Dave gutted for you m8, Hope you are both OK and the low life scum who did this die a very slow and painful death:mad: Take care m8
Cheers
Colin

DJ73 22 June 2005 06:14 AM

even if you make a claim to get it fixed it won't go down as stolen recovered on HPI , to go down on HPI the insurance company would have to pay out to you and insurance company get's the car ? then sell's it on as " stolen / recovered "

pauld37 22 June 2005 06:38 AM

Shoot 'em :mad:

Dave Hughes 22 June 2005 06:56 AM

Thank you for all the kind words guys. Part of me is really angry with myself for not putting up a fight, but I know I did the right thing to hand over the keys.

I hope the police catch the scum who did this, but I doubt they will, I have little faith in the system these days, even if they are caught, I bet they'd only get a silly sentance.

F***S me off the nerve of these to55ers, how dare they break into my home like that demanding my keys. :mad:

I wish I owned a shotgun !!

Dave Hughes

pete P1 22 June 2005 07:01 AM

im really sorry to hear about what happened mate.must have been a nightmare situation for you and your wife.theres some real scum walking the streets these days!!!.

cookstar 22 June 2005 07:48 AM

What a great advert for blackjax.

Bet they were gutted and embarassed when it conked out down the roads. Just think about their faces, it will make ya feel better.

fatscoobyfella 22 June 2005 08:18 AM

Jesus Dave,gutted for you mate...I live pretty close to you i guess (Knowle). What is going on?its not as if Solihull is one of the worse part of the Midlands..its posh!!!

Do ya have descriptions of these scum?????

Dave Hughes 22 June 2005 08:32 AM

No real descriptions, it all happened too fast they were young lads I'd guess, no more than 20 years old, f**king cowards travelling in a gang of four like that, my wife was terrified.

I hope what goes around comes around to these scroats, if the police catch them I'm told their looking at 5 years. :nono: If my father in law catches them, they will wish the police had got there first (serious guy my father in law :norty: ) the feelers are out allready.

I just hope my scoob is in one piece :mad:

AhFEK 22 June 2005 08:33 AM

DH,

Jaysus, you see awful events like these in the press and you think along the lines of "unlucky" and quickly skip to the next article. When this happens to a mate and his missus in their own home, that's truly frightening indeed. I'm sorry, sad and relieved (in a way) for you and Lou. Give me a call any time

Noel

MattPiece 22 June 2005 08:44 AM

You did the right thing mate handing over the keys. Who knows what these people may have done if they'd been seriously challenged. I cant imagine the worry when some tuncs kick your door down...

Hope your father in-law 'delivers', preferably in the style of Snatch, Lock Stock or Dead Man Shoes ;)

All the best :)

STi wanna Subaru 22 June 2005 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Dave Hughes
No real descriptions, it all happened too fast they were young lads I'd guess, no more than 20 years old, f**king cowards travelling in a gang of four like that, my wife was terrified.

I hope what goes around comes around to these scroats, if the police catch them I'm told their looking at 5 years. :nono: If my father in law catches them, they will wish the police had got there first (serious guy my father in law :norty: ) the feelers are out allready.

I just hope my scoob is in one piece :mad:

5 years! Joke! Go into a bank and demand £20K and you will bet twice that! What's the difference?! In my mind this is worse.

Scum!

Chris L 22 June 2005 08:48 AM

:( Low life scum. Terrible story Dave. Glad to know eveyone is OK. For what it's worth, you did the right thing. Putting your wife or yourself in danger for a lump of metal and plastic would not have been a good idea.

sainge 22 June 2005 09:14 AM

I also live in knowle which is very close.

I hear more and more of these incidents happening on a regular basis, and is the reason why i wont be buying a subaru.

Sorry to hear of this.

Sam

Scooby-Monster 22 June 2005 09:15 AM

C***S.

Don't beat youself up about it mate, you did the right thing. These cowards don't know how to fight fair. You swallowed your pride and protected your family. If you'd have been "the man" and gone wading in, anything could have happened.

Dont beat youself up about it and take it easy.

Car vs yourself and family..... Good Choice mate.

New_scooby_04 22 June 2005 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Dave Hughes
Thank you for all the kind words guys. Part of me is really angry with myself for not putting up a fight, but I know I did the right thing to hand over the keys.

I hope the police catch the scum who did this, but I doubt they will, I have little faith in the system these days, even if they are caught, I bet they'd only get a silly sentance.

F***S me off the nerve of these to55ers, how dare they break into my home like that demanding my keys. :mad:

I wish I owned a shotgun !!

Dave Hughes

Really sorry to hear of your bad news Dave.

Don't be mad at yourself mate, you did absolutely the right thing. 4 tooled up scumbags against one is not a fair fight and you might have been seriously hurt.

I don't blame your wife for being scared witless. Let things settle for a bit. The point is that no-one was hurt, the security did its work and the car will soon be back with the family. Best not to make any rash decisions about the car just yet. I believe it will go down as stolen recovered on a HPI check now, but if its not been damaged and they only got 1/2 mile in it then this shouldn't affect the price unduely.

I hope the police catch the theiving w**kers and string them up by their balls!

NS04

messiah 22 June 2005 09:57 AM

Shocking event - hope it doesnt put a damper on the imminent new arrival. Glad you're both (physically) OK. Must have been hard handing the keys over but you did the right thing mate - it's only metal after all, and you did get it back in the end.

:mad:

wacky.banana 22 June 2005 10:03 AM

Sorry to hear this, hope your wife is ok. If its a toss-up between family safety and the car, the car should lose every time. Might be a stupid question but why don't you change the front door to a strong double glazed one and get a dog at the same time just to give you peace of mind. An house alarm that can be zoned off also helps.

I don't know you but sincere best wishes to your wife. The stress of this is the last thing she needs at 8 months pregnant.

As someone else has said, don't beat yourself up on this. You did exactly the right thing even though you would have preferred to fight for what's yours and kick the tw&ts to hell and back :mad:

All the best.

WB