ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Goodwood, Friday - Spare Ticket? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/435902-goodwood-friday-spare-ticket.html)

pslewis 20 June 2005 01:42 PM

Goodwood, Friday - Spare Ticket?

Hi all

I'm going to Goodwood Festival of Speed on Friday 24th June, I was lucky enough to win two tickets off The Times Online.

I plan to go with my daughter, but a friend tried to get a ticket and was unlucky.

Anyone got one that will be going in the bin? Any chance of sending it to me? Obviously it will have to be posted soon ... given the time left, anyone?

Pete

fatmanscooby 20 June 2005 01:45 PM

Pete
I wrote explaining my Dad wanted to go as well on Friday and they are sending me one out First Class today. E Mail the lady on the letter you received you never know m8.

pslewis 20 June 2005 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by fatmanscooby
Pete
I wrote explaining my Dad wanted to go as well on Friday and they are sending me one out First Class today. E Mail the lady on the letter you received you never know m8.

Cheers!!! :D

Pete

Dave_A 20 June 2005 01:48 PM

Pete

Sounds bloody generous of them :D

I'm down there for the weekend (Sat & Sunday weekend pass).

Can't wait, tis a damn good weekend.

Dave

pslewis 20 June 2005 01:50 PM

I've just e-mailed to chance my luck! :D

I am sure someone on here will have one that won't be used?

Pete

fatmanscooby 20 June 2005 01:50 PM

Sat and Sunday to busy for me m8 hate all the pushing and shoving. Tis a cracking day though been for the last 4 Years just get busier and busier.

pslewis 20 June 2005 01:55 PM

How far is the walk from the car park?

Pete

fatmanscooby 20 June 2005 02:05 PM

Well if i can do it on Crutches it aint to far. Cant remember off hand but there were Tractors there last year with trailors to ferry people around.

pslewis 20 June 2005 02:13 PM

I'm thinking of my zimmer frame!!

Pete

fatmanscooby 20 June 2005 02:14 PM

Sod the Zimmer sounds like you ll need a Potty

Chip 20 June 2005 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis
How far is the walk from the car park?

Pete

Depends how far away you park:D

Chip

unclebuck 20 June 2005 02:34 PM

Question - Please can I make my problem somebody else's and skank a free ticket because I'm so disorganised?

Answer - no, feck off. We don't want anti motorsport types like you there anyway.

fatmanscooby 20 June 2005 02:38 PM

Eh??????????

unclebuck 20 June 2005 03:59 PM

Eh??????????

Regulars on this board will confirm that lewis is a vehement New Labour supporter. Indeed he believes that Ton Blair is the greatest thing that has ever happened to this country.

This therefore means that he voted for, and supports:

The introduction of gps based road charging, the banning of off road motor sport activities, the banning of motor sport events such as sprinting and hill climbing (Goodwood!!), ownership taxation for all classic vehicles (even if they are just boxes of bits), the banning of such machinery from public roads, the banning of any kind of home mechanics or restoration work by enthusiasts (authorised dealers only to be allowed to carry out such work), the destruction of all old vehicles not deemed to be of ‘historic importance’ by the DofT, etc, etc.

So, by what stretch of the imagination could such people be considered welcome at an event like Goodwood Festival of Speed is completely beyond me. In fact, if people could publicly identify him at such an event, a lynching would be the best fate types like him should expect.

DBY 20 June 2005 04:27 PM

Goodwood Festival of Speed, and New Labour Nanny State, now theres a thing to behold.
It will be an eye opener to how the other half live LOL

mart360 20 June 2005 09:50 PM

just look for the anti car geek on a zimmer .... thats psl...

shame we,d have to have his mx or scoob clamped

now theres an idea.....

clamp all mx,s and scoobs..... you need v5 and driving licence to unclamp foc...

part from pissy who would be charged £10,000 as he can afford it

lol

Mart

andyr 21 June 2005 02:49 AM

Doubt pete would have enjoyed the weekend if he managed to scrounge a ticket : some of the cars, I believe, have probably been modified from standard, even, shock horror, have a louder than standard exhaust fitted.

pslewis 21 June 2005 08:32 AM

Ohhhhh you are all so kind, so helpful ............ :D

Theres going to be 60,000 people there and I will be one - you never know, I could rub shoulders with you and you would never know :D

Pete

Leslie 21 June 2005 11:41 AM

Not if I see you first!

Les :)

Dave_A 21 June 2005 12:16 PM

Sat and Sunday to busy for me m8 hate all the pushing and shoving. Tis a cracking day though been for the last 4 Years just get busier and busier.

Yeah, last time I went was for the Saturday only and it was very busy. This year preperations are in hand to deal with the crowds - I'm not going to bathe all weekend - the smell should be enough to force the crowds apart where ever I go :D

Benefit of going with the boys this year is that we'll get there early and stay late, so should be able to make the most of it.

Dave

DBY 21 June 2005 01:56 PM

So many Rich boy's play things all in one place, all Tax deductible very Conservative LOL

Chip 21 June 2005 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by DBY
So many Rich boy's play things all in one place, all Tax deductible very Conservative LOL

:confused:

Chip

Nat 21 June 2005 03:29 PM

I'll be there on Fri, should be a super day :D

mynickers 21 June 2005 06:27 PM

I've got two, anyone can have them, but I think you should at least paypal me a round of drinks for the effort it will take to get off my arse and go to post office on my break to send them.

Nick

pslewis 21 June 2005 11:17 PM

No-one??

Oh, well ............

Pete