ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   STI v2 Intercooler Spray (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/434947-sti-v2-intercooler-spray.html)

cossie01 15 June 2005 10:29 PM

STI v3 Intercooler Spray

Hi all

I have just accquired my first Scooby, a Mica Black 96 Wrx Sti v2.

Im just wondering, if all Sti's had the intercooler spray fitted as standard ? or if it was only certain models ?

I was told that all of them should have it, but it's not present on mine, so thought I would ask on here as someone is bound to know.

I did try searching but haven't managed to find any info on the v2 STI's on here or google :(

RRH 15 June 2005 11:09 PM

Only the Type RA's and Type R's, and maybe a couple of special editions, have ic spray.

sorry matey :(

ticky 15 June 2005 11:15 PM

On My95 sti v2 it has ic water spray.

cossie01 15 June 2005 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by RRH
Only the Type RA's and Type R's, and maybe a couple of special editions, have ic spray.

sorry matey :(

Nah thats sweet, I was just a little worried as I was told that "ALL" STi's have it as standard, and mine didn't have it.

But if they don't all have it, thats fine :D

How easy is it to fit it ?

RRH 15 June 2005 11:28 PM

pretty simple, basically either a manual switch,or a pressure switch to relate to throttle opening. the rest of it is windscreen washer stuff, or you may want to swap the jets for misters.

surprised about the STi2 although prepared to be corrected; I've had several STi 2 RA's that had ic spray, but none of the non-RA STi's I've owned have ever had it.

cossie01 15 June 2005 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by ticky
On My95 sti v2 it has ic water spray.

was it an option then ?

coulty 16 June 2005 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by cossie01
was it an option then ?

It is standard equipment on an sti v2.

cossie01 16 June 2005 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by coulty
It is standard equipment on an sti v2.

Well after checking the type code, it seems it's an Sti v3 after all that, was ic spray std on those aswell ?

peachy wrx 16 June 2005 05:47 PM

i have ic water spray on mine! not sure how easy it is to fit as the water bottle sits where the ABS usually is (i dont have ABS)

coulty 16 June 2005 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by cossie01
Well after checking the type code, it seems it's an Sti v3 after all that, was ic spray std on those aswell ?

yes standard on all sti's mate :)

cossie01 16 June 2005 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by coulty
yes standard on all sti's mate :)

Is there any reason that someone would remove it ? and the switch aswell ?

RRH 16 June 2005 07:58 PM

My STi4 doesn't have it. Thought they couldn't fit it on ABS equipped vehicles as the tank needs to go where the ABS thing is on classics.

cossie01 16 June 2005 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by RRH
My STi4 doesn't have it. Thought they couldn't fit it on ABS equipped vehicles as the tank needs to go where the ABS thing is on classics.

Ahh that might explain it then, as I have ABS on mine :D

ticky 16 June 2005 10:07 PM

No ABS on mine.
If your abs is in the way, then why not use the later type screen wash container. I think it has 2 electrical pumps? 1 for windscreen & the other for headlamp wash.

I am sure that Ive got one in my garage somewhere removed from later car than was rear ended.

cossie01 16 June 2005 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by ticky
No ABS on mine.
If your abs is in the way, then why not use the later type screen wash container. I think it has 2 electrical pumps? 1 for windscreen & the other for headlamp wash.

I am sure that Ive got one in my garage somewhere removed from later car than was rear ended.

Does it really make much difference ??? I mean can you notice it on the road when you use it ?

ticky 16 June 2005 10:18 PM

I think it must make some difference in traffic standing/heat soak for the tmic.
But I have not really noticed the difference when using it on the road.