ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   So what exactly is a "BLINGED UP" scoob in your humble opinion? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/432845-so-what-exactly-is-a-blinged-up-scoob-in-your-humble-opinion.html)

Gridlock Mikey 07 June 2005 02:28 PM

So what exactly is a "BLINGED UP" scoob in your humble opinion?

..and don't start slagging each other off :nono:

Is it chrome wheels, or flip paint or "unusual" body kits? Is it tan leather interiors or drop down dvd screens, Decals, Big ICE, Flame Kits, massive exhausts, tinted windows what do you think?

Actually, maybe it's better to list what in YOUR OPINION would make the ultimate Blinged scoob. You don't have to like it, just what is it that would make you wince or indeed smile. (Cue piss take of my car ;) )

Don't get Bling mixed up with Chav style though ;)

Remember, it's not a thread to specifically have a dig at someone and if someone mentions something about YOUR car or a feature that yours has, it's probably NOT personal, just an opinion ok :thumb:

Bit of fun :D

:cool:

Bubba po 07 June 2005 02:32 PM

Whatever is added, takes something away. :)

SJ_Skyline 07 June 2005 02:33 PM

White Wheels ;)

Bubba po 07 June 2005 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline
White Wheels ;)

SJ_Skyline plays his "obvious" joker early in the game.... :D

Gridlock Mikey 07 June 2005 02:41 PM

*Shakes head* Maaaaannn!! I wasn't ready for that soooo early ;) Suprised more folk haven't replied, maybe it's just one of those words that gets banded about alot but no one actually knows what it means :confused:
Maybe because it has been used to "slag" some feature of a car when Bling ACTUALLY means desirable and expensive.

OK lets change it to .. what exactly is a "CHAVVED UP* scoob in your humble opinion. Same rules ;)

SPEN555 07 June 2005 02:47 PM

Gridlock,

Is it chrome wheels, Yup

or flip paint Yup

Flame Kits Yup,

Crappy aftermarket Light need adding.

Super Sonic the hedgehog dumpvalves on 220bhp scoobs needs adding.

Actually, maybe it's better to list what in YOUR OPINION would make the ultimate Blinged scoob. Take one blinged up scoob with chav in the drivers seat with it fully ablaze :D

Gridlock Mikey 07 June 2005 03:10 PM

The ultimate Blinged up or the ultimate Chaved up? I think that they are different.

Take a Black STi V Stick Silver Miltispokes on, tint windows add shiney single exit backbox. Leave pink STi logo's on and badge. Inside, Quality gauge set up (Defi's etc) Some kind of in car visual entertainment DVD screen, PS2 and Quality stereo system. (NOT amps in the boot and all that jazz) Quality Leather interior (Black or Tan (Ferrari esque) )
That to me would be a Bling Scoob

Take same STi V add 19 inch Gold wheels with wrong offset, poorly fitting, cheap replica bodykit, Lexus Lights, 'Kin loud exhaust, you know the ones that are tuned to sound THAT loud that they loose the rumble and sound tinny and when they rev they sound like loud mopeds, Chrome wing mirrors, Tint's that have air trapped or have that purple "hue" about it, Suspension THAT low that you cannot see the top half of the wheels, a Loose leather interior, gauges randomly screwed to the a pillar or dash with faces in Japaneese and non matching. CD player on the passenger seat with an adaptor feeding into the cassette slot trailing over the chrome gear knob, Halfords crook stick in the passenger footwell, Ill fitting stereo facia that sticks out almost an inch and has so many wires behind it it cannot be pushed in far enough to locate. Steering wheel without a horn or airbag, just an exposed boss and about the size of a table tennis bat.
No room in he boot due to Amps and Cabs.
That's my definition of CHAVVED up :D

wwp8 07 June 2005 03:10 PM

a girl said to me once "your car is pimped"

a double glazing salesman said "boys toys"

Gridlock Mikey 07 June 2005 03:12 PM

Ahh, another description :D

Is there a difference between bling and pimped? :confused:

Duck_Pond 07 June 2005 03:14 PM

If you want Lexus lights, buy a Lexus. Seems straightforward to me.

I used to think your Scooby was ridiculous Mikey (still do I guess;) ) but a couple of others I've seen pics of recently redefine the word!!

Gridlock Mikey 07 June 2005 03:16 PM

Feck :mad: Best get on with it then :lol1:

flat4_ire 07 June 2005 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Duck_Pond
If you want Lexus lights, buy a Lexus. Seems straightforward to me.

I used to think your Scooby was ridiculous Mikey (still do I guess;) ) but a couple of others I've seen pics of recently redefine the word!!

RALLY CAR! do not put chrome wheels on a subaru pleease! looks like sheeeiiiite!! scoobies need very little, lightweight rims, good exhaust system and a hks ssqv, end of story!
no lexus lights, morettes are pretty cool up front

Smurftech 07 June 2005 03:27 PM

In Bolton town centre going past x-records - about 3/4 weeks ago on a saturday.......

Seen a WR Blue Sti 7/8 with big bodykit, full black tint windows, loud rap music, loud exhaust and massive chrome spinners, car looked good but those wheels.........must have been 19 or 20 inches!!! That car was "officially pimped"

(The wife liked the wheels BTW)!!!

Then 5 minutes later saw (heard more like) a black classic (WRX or Type R), looked quite normal but the exhaust noise was incredible, kept hearing it echoing around for about 10 minutes - must have been a mile away by then!!!

Saw a few others that day - it must have been scooby day in Bolton!

wwp8 07 June 2005 03:47 PM

fast and furious = pimped

ps this is why there is not a single pic of my car here :D

Gridlock Mikey 07 June 2005 03:57 PM

Ahh see now I'd have put the fast and furious down as Bling ;)

wwp8 07 June 2005 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Gridlock Mikey
Ahh see now I'd have put the fast and furious down as Bling ;)

no you piss off a china man; he would say "yeah? bling it on"

Tiny 07 June 2005 04:10 PM

Keep getting told mine is a "" BLINGED UP SCOOBY "" :D

Not to sure what they mean ;)

http://www.nevetas.co.uk/albums/Tiny..._010.sized.jpg

http://www.nevetas.co.uk/albums/Tiny..._009.sized.jpg

Tiny :D

Gridlock Mikey 07 June 2005 04:11 PM

If you polish a circuit until it sparkles, does it become the Nurburg BLING :lol1:

Gridlock Mikey 07 June 2005 04:14 PM

See now, I wouldn't call Tiny's car bling or chavved, it's just a well executed example of that particular type of styling. If people don't like it, is that when the chav word comes out and if they DO like it it gets called Bling?

Tiny 07 June 2005 04:24 PM

:lol: Tottally agree :thumb:

@ The end of the day i love it , Wether it's bling , Chavved , OTT , Or whatever ;)

Tiny...

Ps you aint seen the inside yet !! :eek: :D

Gridlock Mikey 07 June 2005 04:25 PM

*Crosses arms, taps foot and waits* :D

For it top come round the corner ..... obviously :D

Tiny 07 June 2005 04:28 PM

:D

Bling Bling !!

http://www.nevetas.co.uk/albums/Tiny/100_2743.sized.jpg

;)

Gridlock Mikey 07 June 2005 04:38 PM

*Falls over* :eek: See now THAT is BLING :lol1: I like that :D

vindaloo 07 June 2005 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Gridlock Mikey
The ultimate Blinged up or the ultimate Chaved up? I think that they are different.

Take a Black STi V Stick Silver Miltispokes on, tint windows add shiney single exit backbox. Leave pink STi logo's on and badge. Inside, Quality gauge set up (Defi's etc) Some kind of in car visual entertainment DVD screen, PS2 and Quality stereo system. (NOT amps in the boot and all that jazz) Quality Leather interior (Black or Tan (Ferrari esque) )
That to me would be a Bling Scoob

Take same STi V add 19 inch Gold wheels with wrong offset, poorly fitting, cheap replica bodykit, Lexus Lights, 'Kin loud exhaust, you know the ones that are tuned to sound THAT loud that they loose the rumble and sound tinny and when they rev they sound like loud mopeds, Chrome wing mirrors, Tint's that have air trapped or have that purple "hue" about it, Suspension THAT low that you cannot see the top half of the wheels, a Loose leather interior, gauges randomly screwed to the a pillar or dash with faces in Japaneese and non matching. CD player on the passenger seat with an adaptor feeding into the cassette slot trailing over the chrome gear knob, Halfords crook stick in the passenger footwell, Ill fitting stereo facia that sticks out almost an inch and has so many wires behind it it cannot be pushed in far enough to locate. Steering wheel without a horn or airbag, just an exposed boss and about the size of a table tennis bat.
No room in he boot due to Amps and Cabs.
That's my definition of CHAVVED up :D

...only for the second example, the base car should be a 1.6 or 1.8 with sport or turbo additions. Meshed out with a naked (but corroding) aluminium spoiler on the back AKA F'n'F, mounted badly so the boot lid has deformed. Body kit parts are the colour of the donor car or best FRP white!

The lexus lights don't work because of water ingress and one headlight bulb is blown.

Interior is color coded... lime green or other icky colour unrelated to any colour Subaru thought to put onto the car. Seat covers, animal print (in nylon). Fake boost gauge and/or fake front mount i/c.

<shudder> neons </shudder>

TBH I think it's possible to go a little over the top on the interior without being bling or chavvy. After all, people have to be invited into it. Going OTT on the outside is more of an outragous advertisement. Anyone remember a certain tuner's 22B?

scarey 07 June 2005 05:02 PM

anything that doesnt add bhp is pimped/blinged/chaved!!

*puts on flame suit, runs down to cellar, locks door*

:razz:

ethanrob 07 June 2005 05:26 PM

the local youths tell me my car is "SICK" :idea:
but no i reply,that corsa(parked up near said youths) dressed in pinky sparkley stuff is "sick"
but no,they reply,that corsa is blinged
but oh!,i reply,that corsa is ****! :D

flat4_ire 07 June 2005 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by tiny01

that is sweet! well done lad

al3x 07 June 2005 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by tiny01

Tiny, you are our ESSEX GOD!

PJ's Scoob 07 June 2005 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by ethanrob
the local youths tell me my car is "SICK" :idea:
but no i reply,that corsa(parked up near said youths) dressed in pinky sparkley stuff is "sick"
but no,they reply,that corsa is blinged
but oh!,i reply,that corsa is ****! :D

Gotta admit it yours is the best Scoob I've seen. Saw it at the Scoobyshoot out. If you found drool on it later it was probably mine.:notworthy

murfs 07 June 2005 07:15 PM

Saw a guy in Kerry, Ireland once with an old Lancer 1.6 or so. He tried to kit it up like an Evo. Had a wing on the boot made of 2*4 wood. He hadn't even painted it no mind sanded it.

Is that chav???