ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Pin Code Needed To Override Immobilizer (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/432747-pin-code-needed-to-override-immobilizer.html)

mickyg100 07 June 2005 08:18 AM

Pin Code Needed To Override Immobilizer

Just back of the boat from Amsterdam on Sunday, only to come back and the immobilizer is buggered on my 2001 Impreza Estate, kids screaming, car full of luggage waiting for the RAC man to come and tow me home.

Anyway, he couldnt do anything with it, and a quick call to Subaru told me he could supply me a generic Pin Code that could override the immobilizer so that I could get the car started at least. But it isnt going to be cheap, thats all he said.

Could anyone on this great forum help me out in my hour of need.

Thanks in advance

JPS3290 07 June 2005 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by mickyg100
Just back of the boat from Amsterdam on Sunday, only to come back and the immobilizer is buggered on my 2001 Impreza Estate, kids screaming, car full of luggage waiting for the RAC man to come and tow me home.

Anyway, he couldnt do anything with it, and a quick call to Subaru told me he could supply me a generic Pin Code that could override the immobilizer so that I could get the car started at least. But it isnt going to be cheap, thats all he said.

Could anyone on this great forum help me out in my hour of need.

Thanks in advance

Err you shouldnt be paying for the code surely?

Ive only had my STi a month or so but didnt get the code from the previous owner and couldnt find it anywhere in the paperwork i got with the car. When i had it in for the 30k service i just asked the dealer how i would go about getting the code because the battery was starting to make the alarm chirp when starting the car up occasionally and i wanted to change it so would probably need the code.

Dealer said no probs, just had to show him the V5 and he pulled up the car details on the system which had the radio and alarm codes on.

Cost me nothing. Maybe because i just paid £414.95 on the service tho??

mickyg100 07 June 2005 09:07 AM

yeah possibly, plus the guy on the phone told me it would take around 3-5 days to get the code to me aswell :(

not good service from Newcastle dealer

JPS3290 07 June 2005 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by mickyg100
yeah possibly, plus the guy on the phone told me it would take around 3-5 days to get the code to me aswell :(

not good service from Newcastle dealer

What franchise is that one??

Got my from the SG Petch branch in Richmond who were great about giving me the code.

CyprusScooby 07 June 2005 09:53 AM

I bought my car privately and when mine went, I just phoned up the local Subaru garage and provided them with the registration number and VIN number and they provided it there and then.

mickyg100 07 June 2005 09:59 AM

What franchise is that one??

It is the CD Bramall dealer.

I'll give the branch in Richmond a ring to see if they are any better, thanks guys.

mickyg100 07 June 2005 10:03 AM

Just phoned the SG Richmond Branch, guy was really arrogant on the phone there too, saying, I cant give bloody pin codes out, need to see driving licence, utility bills, V5, and receipt of purchase etc.

EEK

only bought the car two weeks ago

CyprusScooby 07 June 2005 10:12 AM

I looked in the Logbook to find out which dealership the car was bought from, and phoned them up. They have all the PIN codes from the cars they sold on computer. It wasn't my local one that I first thought.

richiewong 07 June 2005 10:20 AM

CD Bramell in Newcastle are a bag of sh1t ask any of the TTS guys:mad:

Chris L 07 June 2005 10:29 AM

Micky - I'm not aware of the generic code, but as you can well understand, if anyone did know, they would (or should) be very wary about giving that information out on a public board. My advice is speak to a dealer. Thread is being locked.