ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wheels, Tyres & Brakes (https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyres-and-brakes-13/)
-   -   bubble on outer face of tire. dead tyre? (https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyres-and-brakes-13/432322-bubble-on-outer-face-of-tire-dead-tyre.html)

hoskib 05 June 2005 03:56 PM

bubble on outer face of tire. dead tyre?

picked up a nail in my F1 that's done about 800 miles:mad::mad: , went down to about 10 psi overnight and while the nail in right in middle of the tyre so might be repairable(?) when i pumped the tyre back up i've now got a bit of a bubble where the rim has pushed into the soggy tyre.

don't even know if the tyre can be saved yet, but if it can, is the bubble a problem? it sticks out about 2mm from the rest of the tyre.

had a bigger bubble in my old trye and that was ok for about 1 1/2 years, but with the softer sidewall of the F1 might this be a problem. i'm expecting the tyre place to say i need a new tyre, but is it neccasary?

any advice would be greatly appreciated:)

s70rjw 05 June 2005 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by hoskib
picked up a nail in my F1 that's done about 800 miles:mad::mad: , went down to about 10 psi overnight and while the nail in right in middle of the tyre so might be repairable(?) when i pumped the tyre back up i've now got a bit of a bubble where the rim has pushed into the soggy tyre.

don't even know if the tyre can be saved yet, but if it can, is the bubble a problem? it sticks out about 2mm from the rest of the tyre.

had a bigger bubble in my old trye and that was ok for about 1 1/2 years, but with the softer sidewall of the F1 might this be a problem. i'm expecting the tyre place to say i need a new tyre, but is it neccasary?

any advice would be greatly appreciated:)

Any deformation in the sidewall will cause your car to fail MOT. Having experienced a proper blow out at 85 mph I would say don't risk it for the sake of £85 ota

hoskib 05 June 2005 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by s70rjw
Any deformation in the sidewall will cause your car to fail MOT. Having experienced a proper blow out at 85 mph I would say don't risk it for the sake of £85 ota

that's the pisser though mate, it's £150 as it's a 225/35/18. only had the fcuker about 2 months and not even done 1k on it!!

thanks for the advice though, especially about the mot, guess they didn't look too hard at the tyres that were on before!

NXG 07 June 2005 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by hoskib
that's the pisser though mate, it's £150 as it's a 225/35/18. only had the fcuker about 2 months and not even done 1k on it!!

thanks for the advice though, especially about the mot, guess they didn't look too hard at the tyres that were on before!

CHANGE IT! It's a blowout waiting to happen (and it will) and the chances are that will cost you a hell of a lot more than a new tyre!

dexter 07 June 2005 11:16 PM

Not just dangerous mate, but, also illegal unfortunately.

A tyre with a bulge in it may get you 3 points and a £60 fine.