ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Cool? Cool - how do you define; "cool" ? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/431478-cool-cool-how-do-you-define-cool.html)

TheBigMan 01 June 2005 11:21 PM

Cool? Cool - how do you define; "cool" ?

What is "cool"??

Driving a banger but buying the best clothes, house or watch ;)

....or perhaps buying a decent motor but spending all your cash on that but only buy clothes once every leap year??

How can a car be defined as cool?? Does it need to look good, be quick or both??

Now, lets see - who's COOL!!

Bubba po 01 June 2005 11:28 PM

Cool means expending the least amount of energy trying to be what you are. :)

TheBigMan 01 June 2005 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Bubba po
Cool means expending the least amount of energy trying to be what you are. :)

Makes sense.

So, some on here are sad b&stards and they're not even cool cos each day they make every effort in verifying that fact.

If you're a total ****, but don't try to be, surely that doesn't make you "cool". It simply makes you a ****.

LG John 01 June 2005 11:44 PM

I'm so uncool its funny :D I've got a flash as f*ck car (mainly due to the colour and plate) but a £5 haircut once every 5-6 weeks and fairly basic jeans and trainers and an old (as in 5 years +) pair of oakleys for when the sun shines that are scratched and bent. I enter a pub, march up to the bar an order a corona (so popular its uncool) or a white russian which to lebowski fans makes me the coolest mo-fo in the bar but to 99.9% of the population just gay.

But you know what - I don't care :)

TheBigMan 01 June 2005 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Saxo Boy

In an amaxing twist of irony - that makes you cool.

SiDHEaD 01 June 2005 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Saxo Boy
I'm so uncool its funny :D I've got a flash as f*ck car (mainly due to the colour and plate) but a £5 haircut once every 5-6 weeks and fairly basic jeans and trainers and an old (as in 5 years +) pair of oakleys for when the sun shines that are scratched and bent. I enter a pub, march up to the bar an order a corona (so popular its uncool) or a white russian which to lebowski fans makes me the coolest mo-fo in the bar but to 99.9% of the population just gay.

Maybe it's an S thing - everything matches me apart from the cool colour - mine's shyte ;)

Jamjar 02 June 2005 12:14 AM

I've had a conversation with another human being about octane ratings, that definately makes me uncool :D

AndiThompson 02 June 2005 12:48 AM

Cool is not having to define cool ;)

ALi-B 02 June 2005 01:16 AM

Trying to be cool most certainly is not cool.

iPods are supposedly cool...but look at the poeple who call them cool or in fact designed them? ;)
The judges of coolness are never cool (re: Clarkson and the cool wall)...that'll include me - doh!

People who are cool don't know it. People who think they are cool, are definetly not.

Something or someone who is popular doesn't always mean they are cool, coolness is akin to individuality. Too popular and it'll be common. Common isn't cool.

Clothes don't make you cool, neither does possesions or money.

Cool just is. Simple as that.

Leslie 02 June 2005 08:05 AM

Image rules ok.

Les

hutton_d 02 June 2005 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by TheBigMan
What is "cool"??

Ummm. 'Not very warm ...' ??

Dave

PS: being seen as 'cool' depends on who is doing the 'looking' ... is it an 8 year old or another Scooby driver or a fit bird (or bloke!) ..... which is why I don't bother. Just be yourself. If someone doesn't *approve* that's their problem!