ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   Winning against all the Odds (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/429905-winning-against-all-the-odds.html)

jasey 26 May 2005 01:13 PM

Winning against all the Odds

Liverpool for me.

Redkop 26 May 2005 01:18 PM

Has to be Liverpool for me too, after last night's fantastic comeback.

jasey 26 May 2005 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Redkop
Has to be Liverpool for me too, after last night's fantastic comeback.

Obviously being a gooner the 2-0 at Anfield was very special - but what you guys must have gone through last night - I'm actually glad I wasn't a Liverpool fan cos I doubt very much if my heart could have taken it :eek:.

To Give AC Milan a 3 goal start is the mark of a truly great coach and a team brimming with confidence ;).

STi wanna Subaru 26 May 2005 01:27 PM

Greece Euro 2004.

Of those I guess the better win was Ar5enal against Liverpool. United actually won the game in the CL but rode a hell of a lot of luck. Liverpools was fantastic because they where so far out of the game and dragged themselves back into it. Against the odds? then I guess last night would just shade it with the bookies. although what odds would you have got on Manchester United winning the CL in normal time at 90 minutes 1-0 down?

jasey 26 May 2005 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
Greece Euro 2004.

Of those I guess the better win was Ar5enal against Liverpool. United actually won the game in the CL but rode a hell of a lot of luck. Liverpools was fantastic because they where so far out of the game and dragged themselves back into it. Against the odds? then I guess last night would just shade it with the bookies. although what odds would you have got on Manchester United winning the CL in normal time at 90 minutes 1-0 down?

The Utd and Arsenal games had that in common - they found themselves with minutes to sort it out and , some would argue, got lucky.

Liverpool looked dead and buried at half time and I bet most people (including the Liverpool fans) were thinking "Limit Milan to 6 and they'll be doing well".

When Greece got to the final there was only gonna be 1 winner - Portugal had old twinkle-toed-cry-baby to carry (although he has improved since then ;) )

DJ Dunk 26 May 2005 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by jasey
To Give AC Milan a 3 goal start is the mark of a truly great coach and a team brimming with confidence ;).

PMSL :D No doubt in my mind :D

Redkop 26 May 2005 02:08 PM

Jasey you could add to that the night in Dortmund in 2001 when Liverpool won the UEFA Cup. At the end of full-time 4 - 4 and extra time was Golden Ball.... that was as nerve racking and so scary after Alaves netted an own goal. The whole stand we were in erupted and shook like there was an earthquake underneath it. :eek:

STi wanna Subaru 26 May 2005 02:28 PM

I know there is banter and people slag other teams etc but it's all games like these mentioned that make people love and watch football so much. :cool:

Delboy2 26 May 2005 08:15 PM

Liverpool for me too :D :D

NAF 26 May 2005 10:29 PM

I reckons Liverpool too . .

Big-G 26 May 2005 10:55 PM

After suffering about 7 heart attacks last night I managed to recover and was able to watch the Sky News broadcast tonight with great pride.
What a performance.
Liverpool F.C. should be entered into next years competition to defend their title.

I am proud to be a Scouser.

jasey 27 May 2005 08:27 AM

If I'd made the Poll Luckiest jammy win ever would Utd have got any votes ;).