ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   FUEL FOR NEW AGE IMPREZA (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/427090-fuel-for-new-age-impreza.html)

Karl-AL 15 May 2005 12:49 AM

FUEL FOR NEW AGE IMPREZA

what do you lot run your scoobs on optimax or normal stuff? i have tried both on an 05 sti and dont seem to notice any difference.As i dont drive with a light right foot i was expecting a difference but dont seem to notice any change.

sti-04!! 15 May 2005 01:02 AM

Optimax

Better to be safe than sorry :)

sewer rat 15 May 2005 02:24 PM

your manual should state that you use 97 ron fuel

Paulo P 15 May 2005 02:26 PM

Optimax or the new Tesco 98 ron is supposed to be good stuff :)

furrydice79 15 May 2005 02:45 PM

isnt tesco doing 99 RON,, well depends where you live i suppose..:)

personally i use optimax in my 05 sti, but i got to thinking that since shell is franchised, it is possible they are not as hot when it comes to keeping their fuel tanks clean where as supermarket chains like tesco are probably more likely to maintain the upkeep of clean fuel lines and tanks as their customers are probably coming back every time they do thier food shopping so it wouldnt go unnoticed if a shopper got a bad tank of fuel as they would be back the following week to complain where as at a shell garage alot of the customers will maybe never use that station ever again...

isnt it funny though that my tank is almost empty and i know for sure ill be using my shell garage to fill up..

MaDaSS 15 May 2005 04:26 PM

Tesco are testing that 99 RON but only for the french and the cockneys! It is that far down south.
LOL
(/me expects flame war!)
:p

Paulo P 15 May 2005 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by furrydice79
isnt tesco doing 99 RON,, well depends where you live i suppose..:)

That's what I meant :o

Gear Head 15 May 2005 06:34 PM

What it Madass! You're just jeolous!!

captain ted 15 May 2005 08:09 PM

Manual says 95 Ron for Bugeye so thats what it gets.

It would seem you need some sort of degree to buy, drive and run a scoob when you see some of the discussions on here.

One buys a Subaru because they are well built and tough.

The impresion you get on here is that if you do the slightest thing wrong with your car, it will explode into a ball of flames and will cost your house to pay for it!

Just drive it. Enjoy it.

TonyBurns 15 May 2005 08:36 PM

STi's should be 97 ron, they can run 95 but i wouldnt trust it, people have had det running 95 ron in UK STi's

Tony

Turbotits 15 May 2005 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
STi's should be 97 ron, they can run 95 but i wouldnt trust it, people have had det running 95 ron in UK STi's

Tony

As above sti's min 97 wrx's 95 or above

Jen_M 15 May 2005 08:43 PM

Always use at least Optimax, I had a WRX for over 3 years and now an 05 STi, I am probably the slowest driver on here, hubby is the one who puts his foot down, but even I notice the difference when Optimax was not available.:eek:

Jen

powerman1 15 May 2005 09:27 PM

Super unleaded sold by Sainsburys.BP i think and its only about 5 pence a gallon dearer than ordinary unleaded.Must admit i have tried both and cant tell the difference except i seem to get a little bit more MPG but thats hardly measurable due to different driving conditions..traffic, heavy right foot,etc,etc

powerman