ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   TURBO TIMERS (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/426908-turbo-timers.html)

mr & mrs carlos uk300 14 May 2005 11:55 AM

TURBO TIMERS

Can anyone tell me if these invalidate your insurance policy.

cheers Nicola

16vmarc 14 May 2005 12:53 PM

They can do yes.

mikeswrx02 14 May 2005 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by mr & mrs carlos uk300
Can anyone tell me if these invalidate your insurance policy.

cheers Nicola

It may do but check with your insurer 1st.

I didnt bother. But i always make sure the engine is off b4 i leave the car.

I guess if u walk off with engine running and it get stolen then it ur fault but long as u make sure u wait until its switched off and should be ok.

FirebirdUK 14 May 2005 01:05 PM

If you were going to have a turbo timer and stand around waiting for it to turn itself off, you might as well not bother having one and just sit in the car to wait for it to cool down.

I've got a turbo timer, but it's linked to the alarm - I can activate the alarm and the turbo timer at the same time. If someone did manage to open the door, the engine cuts straight away. Even if it didn't, they wouldn't get too far - BlackJax would get them :)

cookstar 14 May 2005 01:27 PM

you say tat but i hears blackjax invalidates your insurance too... crazy i know

my mate has it on his skyline and its great, but i was worried about getting it myself

cookstar 14 May 2005 01:28 PM

"you say that but i hear" was what that rubbish was meant to say......lol

mr & mrs carlos uk300 14 May 2005 01:36 PM

Cheers guys, i'll give my insurers a ring before i indulge.

Mrs C:)

mr & mrs carlos uk300 14 May 2005 01:44 PM

Just rang my insurers and its a :nono:

dazzer98 14 May 2005 06:16 PM

8 minutes to phone the insurers, thats quick its normally "please press 1 if you want.........." then its sorry i will have to put you thru to such n such department

i just sit in my car with the engine cooling down.

i must look a bit wierd just sat there but hey its saving the life of my turbo

Vegescoob 14 May 2005 06:52 PM

I think you will find leaving a vehicle with the engine running and no one in the driving seat is an offence.

cookstar 14 May 2005 07:01 PM

Tis a funny thing but my car seems to be making me rather unpopular at work now

As i arrive the normal 10 mins early to work, i sit there for a couple of mins letting the scoob cool down.

You try explaining to a bunch of old nissan micra driving farts that your not waiting to time in the car park. (a usual jobsworth habbit here). But letting the oil in your turbo cool down.

Sorry for the wierdness of this reply but this thread just reminded me of it.

Vegescoob 14 May 2005 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by cookstar
Tis a funny thing but my car seems to be making me rather unpopular at work now

As i arrive the normal 10 mins early to work, i sit there for a couple of mins letting the scoob cool down.

You try explaining to a bunch of old nissan micra driving farts that your not waiting to time in the car park. (a usual jobsworth habbit here). But letting the oil in your turbo cool down.

Sorry for the wierdness of this reply but this thread just reminded me of it.

Lol, we have a Scoob and a Micra and I sometimes find myself, especially after hammering it, letting the Micra idle for a while before turning it off.
Oh dear, is that sad?

cookstar 14 May 2005 09:03 PM

no offence intended dear chap, just trying to give example of mentality in my work place.

And yes after taking my g/f's 106 GTI for a spin that gets left to idle for a couple of mins. It is a habbit but not a bad one

Vegescoob 14 May 2005 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by cookstar
no offence intended dear chap, just trying to give example of mentality in my work place.

And yes after taking my g/f's 106 GTI for a spin that gets left to idle for a couple of mins. It is a habbit but not a bad one

None taken.

:)