ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Northern (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/)
-   -   SMACS meet sunday 15th may (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/426192-smacs-meet-sunday-15th-may.html)

cw42 11 May 2005 04:37 PM

SMACS meet sunday 15th may

anyone? fancy a little drive out myself, and wondered if any in the manchester/cheshire area wants to tag along :)

Meeting place is the HARE & HOUNDS PUB, OTTERSPOOL, MARPLE.

7:30 PM.

meet here

chris.
http://www.wilkinson42.btinternet.co...sc/me_at_8.jpg :)

PROBLEMCHILD75 11 May 2005 08:38 PM

Just had the 1st service done and im offically run in so if its dry on sunday I will br there and try to keep up :Ph

supertouring 11 May 2005 08:57 PM

I'll do my best ( which is not very good)

cw42 11 May 2005 10:12 PM

I've not done a list for a while, so time for one now before bed :)

cw42
problemchild75
supertouring

thats more people than on our last run out already :)

supertouring 12 May 2005 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by cw42
thats more people than on our last run out already :)

That more people than in total for the last four runs out. ;)

Beefy 12 May 2005 08:48 AM

Hold on the last meet had 4 cars (although only 3 partook of the run as mine isnt run in yet!) :)

NWMark 12 May 2005 11:18 AM

Ive got new discs and pads ready to fit that ill be doing this weekend, so i dont think a SMACS run out is the ideal scenario to bed them in :)

Mark

cw42 12 May 2005 02:17 PM

Is it me, or can everyone spot the similarities with other smacs meets :)
Will we all ever get together in one lump sum?
lets see, how many of us can say we're smacs?
cw42, supertouring, andy-s, beefy, madscientist, scoobygav555, nwmark, willy, wah, sillysi, problemchild75, blitzboy1, steelx, tonyburns.........
can you think of anymore?

I know I've missed off a few, but theyre in no order :)

Anyway, I've got over the fact that we're a small group, and I for one would like to keep it that way :) LONG LIVE THE SMACS mini-MASIF :):)

chris.

wah 12 May 2005 06:06 PM

Count me in, I may have to rob a few grannies to pay for the Optimax though lol !!!!

cw42
problemchild75
supertouring
Wah

Beefy 12 May 2005 11:03 PM

I reckon youve about covered it there Chris. Its quite nice to be part of a smallish group as you know whenever attending a meet you'll know most of the people there, that the driving will be good and so will the routes! :D

Dave_A 13 May 2005 08:31 AM

I might be able to make it on Sunday, I'll have to check whats in the diary.

Dave

Gav 13 May 2005 11:11 AM

Sad day for the Gav household, my Scoob went yesterday and i nearly cried:( didnt really but it was very strange looking in the garage and not seeing it last night! I gave it a good polish (for a change) and took it down to meet the guy, he took one look at it and said i'll have it! wasn't suprised really, it was a nice day and it gleamed in the sun:)

I'll be back to scooby ownership in the near(ish) future though:D

Gav..(sulking)

Dave_A 13 May 2005 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by scoobygav555
Sad day for the Gav household, my Scoob went yesterday and i nearly cried:( didnt really but it was very strange looking in the garage and not seeing it last night! I gave it a good polish (for a change) and took it down to meet the guy, he took one look at it and said i'll have it! wasn't suprised really, it was a nice day and it gleamed in the sun:)

I'll be back to scooby ownership in the near(ish) future though:D

Gav..(sulking)

:(

At least you'll hopefully get another one. Must be heartbreaking to say goodbye to a scoob!

Dave

Dave_A 13 May 2005 12:19 PM

cw42
problemchild75
supertouring
Wah
Dave_A

NWMark 13 May 2005 04:13 PM

well looks like i might be able to make it after all!!!!

what main dealer parts department closes at lunch time due to having skeleton staff all week, was told theres a slim chance someone maybe in tomorrow, maybe?? maybe?? what kind shop is this guy running!!!

Anyway the upshot is if no-one appears for work tomorrow ive got no discs to fit, which means i can come along, but also means ill have 4 days before Curb to bed them in as they wont get fitted till next weekend now :(

Mark

cw42 13 May 2005 05:28 PM

gav, heard your car had finally gone, you'll miss the old girl, especially as it's better on petrol than your current steed :)
dave-a, sorry I missed you off my list of musings :):) Like I said, it wasn't the definitive article, and you come out on our "little" runs so infrequently (as do most of the others too :))
Nwmark, haven't seen you for ages, since wales?, so be good to see you again. A few high speed runs along the motorway, up to about a ton, then steady and firm breaking will bed your discs & pads in fine for curborough, no worries :)

See you all sunday, hope the weather holds,
chris.

Dave_A 13 May 2005 08:32 PM

dave-a, sorry I missed you off my list of musings :):) Like I said, it wasn't the definitive article, and you come out on our "little" runs so infrequently (as do most of the others too :))
chris.

No problem Chris, I tend to have trouble getting across to stockport at the weekends, and Wednesday night runs are a no-no as the wifes out so I have to stay in and look after little'un. Hoping to get out more over the summer, especially now my brakes have been sorted at last, so more Sunday runs is good for me! :D

Dave

blitzboy1 13 May 2005 10:53 PM

HI all!

I wont be doin this 1 as im off on hol sat night but there may be a new mamber joining soon, a mate of mine has just bought a scoob so i'll be dragging him along to some of the sunday night meets.

Really nice car too, mica blue like mads/gavs with 17" gold prodrive wheels, oh yea, its ppp'd:).

Long live the smacs.....

Blitz.

cw42 14 May 2005 05:18 AM

Good news for the weekends dave, see you soon.

blitz, have a nice holiday, but, whats a "mamber"? :):)

wah 14 May 2005 07:06 AM

Some kind of sex aid aint it lol !!!!

Andy S. 14 May 2005 02:47 PM

was going to have a blast but just spat out a rear brake pad!:freak3:

cw42 14 May 2005 03:19 PM

spat out a rear brake pad!
crickey andy, sue not made your tea again! :):)

Andy S. 14 May 2005 03:26 PM

crickey andy, sue not made your tea again! :):)

lol:p

Dave_A 14 May 2005 04:39 PM

:D

Barnesy 14 May 2005 08:24 PM

Canīt make this one as Iīm in Ibiza at the mo.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Dave_A 15 May 2005 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Barnesy
Canīt make this one as Iīm in Ibiza at the mo.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

And sad enough to be near a PC? :D

Dave

wah 15 May 2005 05:35 PM

Nobody's backed out as yet so it's looking good !!!!

cw42 15 May 2005 05:51 PM

Give it time wah! :)

A list anyway, just in case you all turn up :)

cw42
problemchild75
supertouring
Wah
Dave_A
NWmark

wah 15 May 2005 06:06 PM

I will be there deffo ;)

NWMark 16 May 2005 07:58 AM

Never made it in the end as you probably guessed !!

got held up at a bbq that was meant to finish at 4 but never Grrrrrr!!!!!

Cya soon

Mark