ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   The subaru caravan club! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/425794-the-subaru-caravan-club.html)

rallycol 09 May 2005 11:57 PM

The subaru caravan club!

Just thought it was funny seeing an impreza towing a caravan today( should this be in the was it you section)

IN THE STICKS 10 May 2005 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by rallycol
Just thought it was funny seeing an impreza towing a caravan today( should this be in the was it you section)

Should put them in the 'HOW SAD ARE YOU SECTION' :) :cuckoo:...i HATE CARAVANS !!

pbee 10 May 2005 10:04 AM

I believe subaru downgrade the towing weight of the wrx and sti to somehing pathetic like 1200kg got to be a small plastic shed on wheels to meet that

The Zohan 10 May 2005 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by pbee
I believe subaru downgrade the towing weight of the wrx and sti to somehing pathetic like 1200kg got to be a small plastic shed on wheels to meet that

GOOD!!!

rossyboy 10 May 2005 12:20 PM

but if everyone who had a caravan had an STI, they wouldn't hold everyone up :idea::luxhello:

IN THE STICKS 10 May 2005 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by rossyboy
but if everyone who had a caravan had an STI, they wouldn't hold everyone up :idea::luxhello:

And we would have a forum on here dedicated to chemical loos etc ...:)

pslewis 10 May 2005 01:41 PM

Nowt wrong with an Impreza pulling a caravan!!

It certainly confuses the cars that 'Just Have To' get past you ..... when they can't!! :D

Pete

pbee 10 May 2005 02:51 PM

and drivetrin and technical will be full of.

my 5 speed box imploded whilst towing my bailey senator at 110mph on the twistys.

and my spec c sti oil cooler isnt upto the job whilst dumping the clutch at 5k revs whilst pulling my swift crusader, to beat a ctr of the lights

let alone all the people gripping about black crap all up the mobile toilet from the de cat exhaust.

Any as for wheels and styling, do you know how hard it is to get 18" pff7's on a caravan with no rubbing !!!.

can just see some new prodrive options
pptp (prodrive performance towing pack)
roof mounted air dam
aero towbar
arbs and drop links for the bunk box.

DaveBlueRA 10 May 2005 03:25 PM

and drivetrin and technical will be full of.

my 5 speed box imploded whilst towing my bailey senator at 110mph on the twistys.

and my spec c sti oil cooler isnt upto the job whilst dumping the clutch at 5k revs whilst pulling my swift crusader, to beat a ctr of the lights

let alone all the people gripping about black crap all up the mobile toilet from the de cat exhaust.

Any as for wheels and styling, do you know how hard it is to get 18" pff7's on a caravan with no rubbing !!!.

can just see some new prodrive options
pptp (prodrive performance towing pack)
roof mounted air dam
aero towbar
arbs and drop links for the bunk box.

:D :D

LJC 05 June 2005 05:10 PM

a scooby should never be used to tow a caravan.............
however i am guilty in a sence coz have modded a caravan base to pull my son and my buggies to the beach..........

pees off the neighbours when we load them on..... coz we have to have a few laps up and down the road to make sure the are working........

nice to have a hobbie............

LJC

ThrustSSC 06 June 2005 01:04 AM

Was it anything like the one I'm planning? :D

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=431745

R 14NS R 10 June 2005 08:32 AM

been up in bury on a course for a few days, on the way on the a134, nice sweeping country stretch, stuck behind a bohemoth of a caravan driving at about 3mph, had to sit behind it for about a mile, when i did overtake it was being towed by a lovely silver, 1.2 clio. could not believe it!!

ScoobyAddict 10 June 2005 08:46 AM

Now your just being silly!
110mph when everyone knows the Bailey Senator is only cleared for towing at 85mph!
Had an BS Arizona, towed by a ruddy great lwb Terrano & we seldom held ANYONE up!
Quite the opposite in fact!

ALi-B 10 June 2005 12:19 PM

Did you know that a Impreza with a fixed Tow hook should fail the MOT????
They should.....as they restrict the view of the number plate (just though't I let you towers know)

I'm in the caravan club too :o Well not quite actually, I use their emergency Mayday recovery, as it guarantees a falt bed truck to stick my scooby on :D

....You try telling an AA "I know more about cars than you" numpty you can't tow a scoob with the front wheels lifted whilst the rears wheels are still on the ground ;)

Listy 10 June 2005 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by LJC
a scooby should never be used to tow a caravan.............
however i am guilty in a sence coz have modded a caravan base to pull my son and my buggies to the beach..........

pees off the neighbours when we load them on..... coz we have to have a few laps up and down the road to make sure the are working........

nice to have a hobbie............

LJC

Crikey mate how big is your Son....... I feel it's a bit harsh putting the fella on a trailer.

Mind you saying that after my boy last got choccy on my seats AGAIN it may catch on. Lol

May even put in a section for the wife !!!

Listy

ScoobyAddict 10 June 2005 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Listy
Crikey mate how big is your Son....... I feel it's a bit harsh putting the fella on a trailer.

Mind you saying that after my boy last got choccy on my seats AGAIN it may catch on. Lol

May even put in a section for the wife !!!

Listy

PMSL at this so much nearly choked to death on me coffee!!!