ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Queen and Paul Rodgers (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/425018-queen-and-paul-rodgers.html)

john_s 06 May 2005 05:58 PM

Queen and Paul Rodgers

Saw them wednesday night at the MEN Arena.

Absolutely awesome, no other way to describe them really :notworthy

Anyone elso go? Or going to see them elsewhere?

If not, beg, borrow, or steal so you can get tickets to see them!

John.

16vmarc 06 May 2005 06:51 PM

Cool!

Good night then? How does it compare to Freddie?

Is this the guy that sung in the musical?

Chip 06 May 2005 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by 16vmarc
Cool!

Is this the guy that sung in the musical?

No, he was the singer in Bad Company and Free.

Chip

16vmarc 06 May 2005 06:56 PM

Ah gotcha!

Angry 06 May 2005 07:03 PM

I know someone with 2 spare tickets for the Hyde Park gig in July, £55 a pop.

If anyones interested PM me.

warrenm2 06 May 2005 07:35 PM

went to see them when they played the Brixton Academy a few weeks back(fan club only), and Paul was ok, looked like he needed some practice at Queen songs though, hopefully hes got that now. He was much better when they did a few Bad Company songs so he has it in him. However NO ONE is gonna replace Fred...

16vmarc 06 May 2005 07:51 PM

Im sure hes thankfull of that! Dont think id want to host those kind of "partys" either ;)

:lol:

Daryl 06 May 2005 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by warrenm2
so he has it in him.

You don't say, one of the best voices in rock!!

Originally Posted by warrenm2
However NO ONE is gonna replace Fred...

err...

john_s 06 May 2005 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by 16vmarc
Good night then? How does it compare to Freddie?

Very good night.

WRT comparing to Freddie, he's made no secret of doing things his own way, and not trying to be a direct replacement for him and his style (If that makes any sense). He even took a step back at times to let the audience do the vocals.

They didn't even try to compete with Freddie for Bohemian Rhapsody, so they showed a video of him playing the piano & singing while they played along. :thumb:

John.

16vmarc 06 May 2005 09:25 PM

Amazing :)

john_s 07 May 2005 11:29 AM

Certainly was :D

John.

TURBO7379 23 May 2005 05:21 AM

I saw the show last weekend in Belfast - absolutely awesome .

Paul Rodgers was no replacement for Freddie but how can you replace the irreplaceable ?

But Paul proved that he has one of the best voices in rock by singing the Queen sons in his own style . When he performed Free's all right now during the encore it brought the house down .

Brian May entertained us with a brilliant guitar solo & all through the night he proved why he's one of the best in the world .

Roger Taylor is looking a bit overweight & tired but he still put in a great performance on drums as well as singing some of the songs . Personally I would've preferred Paul to sing instead as Roger ain't got the greatest voice .

Anyone know why John Deacon isn't playing on this tour ?

Highlight of the night was Brian sitting alone on stage with the empty stool beside him singing 'Love of My Life' for Freddie . Half the audience was singing & the other half were crying , especially when they showed film of Freddie on the movie wall . A very moving & memorable moment .

I was too young to see Queen the last time they played Ireland ( Slane '85 ) so I never got to see Freddie live but this concert ranks as 1 of the best I've ever seen .

I would recommend any to go out now & buy tickets for their Hyde Park gig on 8th July .

You can check out concert details & set lists on this site -

http://www.queenpluspaulrodgers.com/

I noticed that we got an extra song in Ireland :D .

Derek

brickboy 23 May 2005 09:11 AM

From what I read, John Deacon has simply retired from live performance ....