ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Blair listens to Scoobynet Protests (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/424951-blair-listens-to-scoobynet-protests.html)

Brendan Hughes 06 May 2005 01:13 PM

Blair listens to Scoobynet Protests

From the Beeb:

Watched by his wife Cherie and four children, he told reporters: "The great thing about an election is that you get out and talk to people for week upon week and I have listened and I have learned.

"I think I have a very clear idea of what the British people now expect from this government for a third term."

In a swipe at the Tory campaign, Mr Blair said he had learned that Britons were "tolerant and decent" people who had not wanted immigration turned into a "divisive issue".

"But they do believe there are real problems in our immigration and asylum system and they expect us to sort them out and we will do so," he said.

People had also signalled their dislike of the lack of respect in the classroom, on streets and in town centres on Friday and Saturday nights, he said.

"I want to make this a particular priority for this government - how we bring back a proper sense of respect in our schools, in our communities, in our towns, in our villages."

Of course, I took a bit of licence with thread title - if he'd really listened we'd have had the headline "Blair leads Labour Party in Mass Suicide Rally" :)

OllyK 06 May 2005 01:16 PM

All he has done is paid lip service to the issues that got the Tories some support and that they have done FA about in the last 8 years. So when do you think you will see school discipline improve? Immgration reforms? Criminals not getting second chances and being given meaningful sentences?

pslewis 06 May 2005 01:19 PM

I have just had an e-mail from Tony ....

He thanks me for my Anti-Tory campaign ... it worked wonders, apparently, readers of ScoobyNet saw the Tory supporters for what they were :D :D

Pete

Brendan Hughes 06 May 2005 01:20 PM

:lol:

gyfto1 06 May 2005 01:24 PM

all this worrying about different political parties.
at the end of the day,what the f+ck do they care about what happens to the country as long as they line their own pockets whilst running it.
all pretty much the same old crap.no one is happy whoever gets into power.
and i aint in england any more.rant over

unclebuck 06 May 2005 01:24 PM

http://www.keeling-net.co.uk/smilies...eed_trolls.jpg

RichWalk 06 May 2005 01:26 PM

;) Did he mention cats, Brendan??

Shark Man 06 May 2005 01:27 PM

"I think I have a very clear idea of what the British people now expect from this government for a third term."

In a swipe at the Tory campaign, Mr Blair said he had learned that Britons were "tolerant and decent" people who had not wanted immigration turned into a "divisive issue".

"But they do believe there are real problems in our immigration and asylum system and they expect us to sort them out and we will do so," he said.

People had also signalled their dislike of the lack of respect in the classroom, on streets and in town centres on Friday and Saturday nights, he said.

"I want to make this a particular priority for this government - how we bring back a proper sense of respect in our schools, in our communities, in our towns, in our villages."
<copy> <paste> <save>

.....for future ammunition against the incontinent Scoobynetter when nothing changes :D

Jay m A 06 May 2005 01:31 PM

Is he going to ban mole hunting?

..with horses?

Luminous 06 May 2005 01:42 PM

What trolls? All I see is a nice carbon fibre black line :D

jbryant 06 May 2005 02:20 PM

"Watched by his wife Cherie and four children, he told reporters: "The great thing about an election is that you get out and talk to people for week upon week and I have listened and I have learned."

For the first time in eight years, he's spoken to his public and actually listened??:eek:

Perhaps the next few years won't be as bad as we thought then as he's not done that up to now.

Joolz

Iwan 06 May 2005 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Luminous
What trolls? All I see is a nice carbon fibre black line :D

:lol1:

Me too :D

OllyK 06 May 2005 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by jbryant
"Watched by his wife Cherie and four children, he told reporters: "The great thing about an election is that you get out and talk to people for week upon week and I have listened and I have learned."

For the first time in eight years, he's spoken to his public and actually listened??:eek:

Perhaps the next few years won't be as bad as we thought then as he's not done that up to now.

Joolz

No he just claims to have listened. Let's see if he actually delivers on anything this time or just throws more money at problems hoping they will go away and yet remaining completely out of touch with the public at large.

Leslie 07 May 2005 07:33 PM

All mouth and trousers, like everything else to do with that lot.

Les :(