ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wheels, Tyres & Brakes (https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyres-and-brakes-13/)
-   -   Yokohama Parada Spec 2s (https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyres-and-brakes-13/422653-yokohama-parada-spec-2s.html)

jtabraham 26 April 2005 09:34 PM

Yokohama Parada Spec 2s

Hi
I have just bought a set of these in 215/40-17 and have got to say that my scooby handles like a train even in the wet. Ive heard they wear quite quick, but I have never experienced a tyre which can grip like the above.
Best investment to date.
Cheers
Jt

SlowBoy 27 April 2005 12:31 AM

Nice one, mate. I was hoping to get these as my next set. Saw the original Paradas in the tyre shop last year and was impressed with the rigid side wall on them. Tread looks interesting, too. I'd sacrifice a little wear in favour of a nice soft sticky compound. Grip has got to be the priority.

Where did you get 'em? Did you get a good price?

jtabraham 27 April 2005 01:04 AM

Hi
Got them from Tyrespot in Darlington,
Cost me £460 for the 4 including valve and balance.
Well worth the money.

Luke-Avfc 05 May 2005 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by jtabraham
Hi
Got them from Tyrespot in Darlington,
Cost me £460 for the 4 including valve and balance.
Well worth the money.

Ive just paid £260 for 4 215/40/17 fitted balanced valves LTC tyres stourbridge west mids gota be the cheapest anywere for this tyre..
absolutly stonking tyre an the best looking rubber ive seen

R 14NS R 05 May 2005 10:03 PM

i ve always been an f1 man, on my vtr, my fto and on my scoob, are these yokos really that good?

looking to change soon and summer is coming, my main reason for f1 s were the confidence when it got wet, but as i said, summer is coming and we may have two or three dry days.

jtabraham 05 May 2005 10:39 PM

Simply-YES

gljam 06 May 2005 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by scoobynutz
Ive just paid £260 for 4 215/40/17 fitted balanced valves LTC tyres stourbridge west mids gota be the cheapest anywere for this tyre..
absolutly stonking tyre an the best looking rubber ive seen

bloody hell!! :eek: , was this a special offer or can i just pitch up and get a set??

have you got their contact details

Cheers Jam :)

n one 06 May 2005 07:18 PM

I`ve had a set of Parada`s fitted recently and I`m absolutely over the moon with them, infact they seem to get better the harder you drive. I fancied a change as I`ve had Pirelli`s the last few times.

Cost me a little over £400.

Neil :)

Luke-Avfc 06 May 2005 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by gljam
bloody hell!! :eek: , was this a special offer or can i just pitch up and get a set??

have you got their contact details

Cheers Jam :)

I asked the same question when they gave me the price but he said thats wot he sells them for, they got a branch in worcester which is closer 4 u il PM you the numbers..

velosgr 07 May 2005 12:02 PM

The only downside is that they dont produce the 215/45/17 for new age. Any suggestions? Should I change size to take advantage of that excellent tyre?

gljam 07 May 2005 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by scoobynutz
I asked the same question when they gave me the price but he said thats wot he sells them for, they got a branch in worcester which is closer 4 u il PM you the numbers..

cheers mate :) calling them on monday cos the suppliers are closed

Matt_Davies 08 May 2005 10:19 PM

Could you also PM me there phone numbers also please, not due for a new set of tyres just yet but thats a bargain.

Many thanks, Matt.

Red Suns 08 May 2005 10:26 PM

i have ordered a set of 17" should arrive on wendesday, i used to use F1's but wanted a changed hopefully its as good as you guys stated!!!

gljam 09 May 2005 08:59 PM

Got on the phone to the place in Worcester today, 4x 215/40 R17

£300 fitted :D top bombing!!

getting them fitted on Friday:)

jtabraham 09 May 2005 09:18 PM

I think I paid over the odds
But I dont care, they hang on forever.
I have never in all my time been so impressed with a tyre.
Julian