ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Tinted windows are all well and good but... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/422624-tinted-windows-are-all-well-and-good-but.html)

Lee247 26 April 2005 08:06 PM

Tinted windows are all well and good but...

my remote gadget for the garage door won't work, I have to get out of the car to point it.This was not why I got a remote door. Oh well :(

Spoon 26 April 2005 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by 84of300
my remote gadget for the garage door won't work, I have to get out of the car to point it.This was not why I got a remote door. Oh well :(

First port of call should be to check your remote battery. Tinted windows won't make any noticeable difference to the remotes effectiveness.

If your battery is OK then check your aerial wire on the door receiver is on show and not tucked away or missing.

My garage doors and gates open from 50ft without a problem and that can be when I press the remote in my pocket.

Lee247 26 April 2005 08:32 PM

Cheers Spoon :thumb:
Gates eh! a bit posh. I would love remote gates, but our drive is 75 metres long, and we got quoted over £1,000 just for the electric to be put up the drive :eek:

Spoon 26 April 2005 08:35 PM

Gates eh! a bit posh. I would love remote gates, but our drive is 75 metres long, and we got quoted over £1,000 just for the electric to be put up the drive :eek:

You have to pay it if you want them, (or need them).

Lee247 26 April 2005 08:41 PM

Do you think what we've been quoted is reasonable then?
The gates are not a problem as my brother is a farrier/blacksmith and can make anything. :)

Spoon 26 April 2005 09:02 PM

Do you think what we've been quoted is reasonable then?
The gates are not a problem as my brother is a farrier/blacksmith and can make anything. :)

It all depends on the disturbance of the driveway and whether or not nothing else needs doing after they have laid the cable except the gates of course.

If everything is left "good" then that's only the going rate. The cable used is dear stuff.

I paid that amount 8 years ago to run power to my ponds and most of that was materials as the channels were prepared beforehand.

My gates were cheaper to power (but only just) because I bought the gates nearer my house, in effect having a driveway to my gates then a driveway to my house.

Lee247 26 April 2005 09:29 PM

Thanks Spoon :)

unclebuck 26 April 2005 09:50 PM

my remote gadget for the garage door won't work, I have to get out of the car to point it.

ROTFLMAO

Don't panic, your body will be glad of the exercise....

:p

mr & mrs carlos uk300 26 April 2005 09:53 PM

Hi L, Hows you doing?
https://www.emotipad.com/artists/aiwan/good.gif

N

BOB.T 26 April 2005 10:39 PM

Can't you just wind the window and poke your arm out...it involves some effort mind! :p:D

Lee247 26 April 2005 11:07 PM

Can't be bothered BOB.T, after all that work at the gym, unclebuck, its just too much effort to open the window and stick my arm out. :lol1: Cheeky lot :D I was attempting a serious thread. :D
Hi N, hows you :D

Puff The Magic Wagon! 27 April 2005 12:30 AM

Well, this should almost be in DIY ;)

I just recently bought 40m of armoured electric cable @ £4 per m + VAT - so £200. 75m is nearly twice that to start with. Add labour to dig holes (2 men @ £100 per day? for 2 days?) & you're nearly there...

Brendan Hughes 27 April 2005 09:48 AM

I would love remote gates, but our drive is 75 metres long, and we got quoted over £1,000 just for the electric to be put up the drive :eek:

Flippy neck. Buy a narrow spade and garden fork, 75m of 32mm plastic drainpipe for fifty quid, do it yourself (assuming you're digging in earth - if you're ripping up tarmac/paving, fair enough). You'll still have to pay for the armoured cable and connecting each end, but still...

shaunywrx 27 April 2005 09:51 AM

You can now get solar powered one's, which also have battery back up, i got mine from these people www.coelct.it although the website is in Italian i think.