ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   snooper or road angel (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/421758-snooper-or-road-angel.html)

lukey1 23 April 2005 01:23 PM

snooper or road angel

hi all

i am looking to buy a speed camera detector and am a little confused :confused: which is the best one to buy.

thanks luke

corradoboy 23 April 2005 03:10 PM

Origin B2 is usually considered to be the top one, but RA is also highly regarded.

Daz34 23 April 2005 04:17 PM

Another vote for the Origin B2 here :thumb:

Scoob99 23 April 2005 08:17 PM

Another for the RA here:thumb:

Lockwood09 23 April 2005 08:34 PM

hi mate, ive just picked up a road angel off ebay for £150 from a shop called radarexpress. got 6 months free subscription and free P+P as well!

patkin 24 April 2005 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by Lockwood09
hi mate, ive just picked up a road angel off ebay for £150 from a shop called radarexpress. got 6 months free subscription and free P+P as well!

Snooper S4 Neo

mattsan 24 April 2005 01:43 AM

S4 neo.

davedipster 24 April 2005 08:46 AM

S2, cheap as chips and uses the same database.

R*** ANT 24 April 2005 09:10 AM

another for the S2 cheap but accurate!

davedipster 24 April 2005 09:14 AM

yep £99 in your local Argos

austen_wrx 24 April 2005 09:34 AM

I have an RA2, i'm am happy with it, a couple of negative things i have against it is that i would prefer it to only beep at me when a speed camera is coming up if i am actually over the limit, i find te constant beeping a bit annoying when i know i am sticking to the limit. Also it does not pick up alot of these white scamera vans (unless they are marked by GPS). These vans obviously don't use laser, and can be parked anywhere. I'm not sure if any of the other detectors spot these, but the RA doesn't

Jamo 24 April 2005 10:04 AM

s4 neo! its never given a false reading either which I know is something that occurs on RA! Im just about to get rid of my scoob so if you want an s4 let me know as ile be selling it :(

shaggy

Warthog 24 April 2005 11:06 AM

RA2. Great if you drive a lot on roads you don’t know. The sighting of some of these "safety" (my arse) cameras is ridiculous.

scoobyboy1 24 April 2005 12:38 PM

Just bought a Tom Tom 1700 series navgation system, and downloaded the speed camera postions onto it, so when ever there is a speed camera you can set it to how many yards you want it to start beeping at, it also alerts you to the cameras that flash you when you go over a red light, Paid £300 from staples, and now have no need for my snooper radar detector, The thing is what I find with the snooper detector it bloody starts going off when ever your near shops with those electric doors, which drives me bloody mad. Now Ive got Sat Nav and a camera detector rolled into one, and you can download loads of extra things of the internet. :)

yhe chod 24 April 2005 05:38 PM

the thing is if the government does ban laser detection your buggered with the ra [which is v good] but at least with the origin you can detach the laser detector and you can still use it.

New_scooby_04 24 April 2005 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by yhe chod
the thing is if the government does ban laser detection your buggered with the ra [which is v good] but at least with the origin you can detach the laser detector and you can still use it.

Nah mate, you can disable the lazer detection on the RA2 :)

toigye 24 April 2005 07:05 PM

another

ra for me then get the jammer :eek2: tut did i really say that

lukey1 30 April 2005 01:31 PM

thanks for all the replies but still cofused as have heard these devices are to soon be illegal, does anyone know which ones will be be illegal or not as dont want waste money on something i cant use a couple months.

also anyone know any thing about geodesey ? im being told this will be ok?

Rob D 30 April 2005 02:03 PM

The Road Angel Classic or the new model will NOT be illegal IF the new law comes into effect next year at the earliest, I wish people would stop giving out incorrect information over this.

For your information I've had a Road Angel classic and now using the newer model, no false alerts and easily moved from car to car if you need to, both are very good.
Laser detectors in general are very unrealiable anyhow, so don't expect to pick up any scamera vans as the laser footprints are generally very small and normally aimed at your number plate and not your windscreen!