ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wanted (https://www.scoobynet.com/wanted-18/)
-   -   Wanted: 16" Alloys & Tyres (https://www.scoobynet.com/wanted-18/42143-wanted-16-alloys-and-tyres.html)

AndyDavis 25 September 1999 01:45 PM

16" Alloys & tyres wanted. Tyres must be new or low mileage.
If you have something that fits the bill e-mail me on davisaj@btinternet.com with a description and asking price. I'm based in the South East.
Cheers, Andy

AndyDavis 29 September 1999 10:07 PM

I'm still looking for some standard, silver 16" alloys and wheels. There must be someone out there itching to upgrade to 17" alloys!!!
Andy

AlastairB 30 September 1999 09:54 AM

Have you tried phoning round the local dealers? They sometimes have sets for sale on behalf of customers who have opted for 17" rims.

Cheers
Alastair

alistair 30 September 1999 10:38 AM

Try Pete at Scoobysport - he's usually got some that have been traded in for 17's

KRIS 30 September 1999 04:45 PM

.....or a company called `INTERPRO ` i think based near essex. will sell set of wheels for £500 +tyres of course. I`ll try and dig out the tel No

AndyDavis 30 September 1999 07:32 PM

Thanks for the help. I have tried ringing round the dealers but to no avail. My local dealer in Chelmsford said they didn't get any in as they discouraged their customers from upgrading to 17", believing 16" to be the best compromise between ride and handling. Is this a rare example of a garage forsaking profit for its beliefs!
....so if there are any out there let me know. If I don't find some soon then I'm going to have to buy new 15" tyres as the handling in the wet is getting "entertaining" to say the least!

Adam M 01 October 1999 08:31 PM

I have just bought a set of 17s and have some 16" split five spokes with less than 1K on brand new firstone tyres. These came with the car but grip seems fine. Wheels are in v good condition but not perfect. I changed them because personally I don't like them, but if its handling you are after.....

I live miles away from you though in Southend On Sea.

E-mail if you like.

adammessulam@hotmail.com

haven't got a clue on price but I can ask around and find out.

steve McCulloch 05 October 1999 01:44 PM

Very rare to get a set of 16 inch with low mileage tyres. I'm going to uprate to 17inch, but not until the 16 inch tyres are bald! cos i'd be an idiot with the tyres over £100 each and you dont get much more selling alloys with tyres on them - something wrong there me thinks.

Incidentally the only wheels I've seen that I liked were the compomotive gold alloys. Everyone either goes for OZ or the Scoobysport 14 spoke - both are more hassle to clean than the Compomotive 5 spoke ones.

Steve Gee 07 October 1999 10:21 PM

Should be upgrading to 17" in the next week or so! i.e when the new car is delivered. So the wheels and tyres will only have a couple of hundred miles on them. Standard fit alloys + 205/50/16's
Let me know if you're interested.
Cheers
Steve

AndyDavis 08 October 1999 07:27 PM

Thanks for all the replies, both on and offline, but I should be collecting a set tomorrow....which means I'll be able to drive in the rain again!
For the record I was offered approximately 4 sets of silver, 2 sets of gold, 2 sets of split rims and a few more with no tyres!

Steve M - disagree about not getting much more for alloys without the tyres. Considering you can get silver 16" with tyres that have done 1000miles for £500 that doesn't make the alloys worth much on their own in my eyes. I would only have paid £100 - £150 for mint alloys.

Thaks to everyone,Andy