ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Do you know anyone famous??? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/421425-do-you-know-anyone-famous.html)

fatscoobyfella 22 April 2005 12:23 AM

Do you know anyone famous???

Self explanatory title really!!!

Well do you???

any name droppers on here??....lol

Puff The Magic Wagon! 22 April 2005 12:26 AM

Yeah - several both famous & infamous

So what?

Power Junkie 22 April 2005 12:27 AM

Yes I do thanks ;)

fatscoobyfella 22 April 2005 12:29 AM

Not really entering into the spirit of things then eh??

Power Junkie 22 April 2005 12:31 AM

I have worked with alot of bands. and some Tv folk

GC8 22 April 2005 12:43 AM

My first girlfriends mothers first husband was friends with Elvis.

bioforger 22 April 2005 12:53 AM

I use to goto school with Charlotte Rampling's son, Barnaby. I also own the rights on putting my foot through one of her priceless juke boxes whilst p1ssed :o

Mates Dad won the Grand National in the 60s. :)

Freak 22 April 2005 03:04 AM

yep

quite a few djs and producers too who are very well known.

Dracoro 22 April 2005 08:27 AM

Well, there's my mate Matt. Not sure how famous he is though. I've heard of him and so have all my mates. Have you guys heard of Matt?

Then there's me. I'm world famous where I come from.

jowl 22 April 2005 09:10 AM

Well, theres myself, the worlds first inter-galactic traveller.

And David Slade is my cousin...he's currently working for/With Ridley scott and is directing a film thats due out this year. He might be famous one day!

Scoob99 22 April 2005 09:13 AM

MY Cousin played for West Ham Utd and England back in the 80's:thumb:

Jamo 22 April 2005 09:30 AM

im quite good friends with ellen macaurther I went to school with her and her brother (loaf head lewis) I went to london with her the day she went to meet tony bliar to get help with her first vendee globe attempt.

also know james daniels from ram fm.

when I worked at tylney hall in hampshire I got pi$$ed with gazza (whilst he was hiding for beating his wife up) must admit he was a complete star, he paid all night :D

Tiggs 22 April 2005 09:39 AM

Cousin is a movie star and got few clients who are C list (think Paul Daniels....although not Paul.....i had a meet with him and he didnt want my help! hope he pays a load of tax he didnt need to!)

SiPie 22 April 2005 09:43 AM

I know thousands of famous people ... :D

The fact that they don't know me ... is irrelevant :rolleyes:

Apparition 22 April 2005 09:45 AM

MY MUM ! She was an extra on Corrie for more years than I care to remember.Through her, we got to meet a few of the old regulars and when it was her 80th recently, we got a few of the current regulars to sign a card for her. She also did a bit on Lovejoy, Crown Court, Doctors, etc etc... oh the best one was Newgate Gaol. We were allowed into the studios and walked right past her, not recognising her because of the good job done by the makeup crew.
She's a star !

astraboy 22 April 2005 10:32 AM

Mostly DJs and MCs in the Hardcore scene. Famous to those that know them, total unknowns to those that dont.
astraboy.

ian_sadler 22 April 2005 10:35 AM

Been in the TV industry for ages. Met loads but wouldn't call em mates.

warrenm2 22 April 2005 10:58 AM

used to have angela rippon round for dinner - although dont see her much lately

Buckrogers 22 April 2005 11:09 AM

I used to play pool against the fat caretaker in Grange Hill. This is going back some 15-20 years when I was a lad (8 to 12 years old ish). I used to beat him most times :D

Hanley 22 April 2005 11:17 AM

I once saw the guy from the original Nescafe Gold Blend advert in a Barclays Bank in Plymouth (back in my navy days)

I was a bit pissed and asked him for some sugar - he told me to feck off!!!

:D :D :D

Vette_76 22 April 2005 11:23 AM

Had a mate a few years back who knew Neil Morrisey!!

Went on the pi$$ with him once - nice bloke and bought PLENTY of rounds!!

:D

Gav 22 April 2005 11:23 AM

Karl Davies aka Robert from Emmerdale is a mate of mine, went to school with him:)

Also know loads of famous professional golfers!

Gav..

The Chief 22 April 2005 11:29 AM

Michelle Marsh!!! does she count as famous???

Wish 22 April 2005 11:59 AM

I went to school with Orlando Bloom
Had a Prince in my class at school.

andrewdelvard 22 April 2005 12:38 PM

Up until he made it big a good mate of mine was Jimi Mistry (The Guru, East is East) A nicer fella you couldn't wish to meet. Whenever I've seen him on TV being interviewed he doesn't seem to have changed. I always silently wish him my best. Sorry we lost contact but thats the way life is sometimes.
He was also a pretty mean DJ....

Abdabz 22 April 2005 12:45 PM

I urinated on the front lawn of the girl from the Beautiful Souths once, while singing "this could be rotterdam or anywhere Liverpool or Rome"... AND I know the lad who spawned her child...

Bernard Manning once told me I was 'forking class', which was nice.

I once shook hands with Sir Alex Ferguson and said "You're God" - he looked suprised and I've sat next to Steveeee Gerrard and Wayne Rooney at different football matches...

So I dont have any famous mates - but do hob nob with the famous in various ways :)
phnar phnar - larrvely filly

bioforger 22 April 2005 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by The Chief
Michelle Marsh!!! does she count as famous???

Who cares!! :)~~~~ I'm totally in love with her :)

Rumplestiltskin! 22 April 2005 12:58 PM

If we are doing the I saw/stood next to etc then:

Sat next to Will Young on a plane to Italy.
Sat behind Westlife on a plane to Ireland
Was having a piss at the Silverstone GP last year & looked to my left...Sterling Moss was doing his business too.
Met Ayrton Senna....very nice chap
Met Rowan Atkinson a few times - once at the same private hospital as - he was having physio on his bad back
Saw Posh Spice & Brooklyn at Heathrow
Saw that scottish presenter who does the morning ITV show...jenny someone at Heathrow....very nice looking lady !

My job involves a fair amount of travel - so tend to see lots of people at airports.

paulr 22 April 2005 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Puff The Magic Wagon!
Yeah - several both famous & infamous

So what?

Exactly,who really cares.

:)

Dream Weaver 22 April 2005 01:49 PM

Neil Hodgson, haven't seen him for a bit since he moved but we used to hang out due to him going to school with all my college chums. :)