ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   REFEREES ARE APPAULING ! (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/420901-referees-are-appauling.html)

Fulham71 20 April 2005 08:43 AM

REFEREES ARE APPAULING !

2 instances in the last 2 games which have cost Fulham dear !

1st one

V Bolton

Corner to Bolton. Ball come sinto the area NGotty pulls Mc Bride over & heads the ball goal bound ! Claus Jensen Dives across the line to stop the ball (no out stretched arms & ball hits his shoulder) Penalty given & goal scored with Jensen being sent off !

If the foul by NGotty had been seen there would have been no Penalty & no sending off ! Secondly Jensen did not deliberatly handball! Hit his shoulder so at very worst should have been a yellow card & penalty

Played rest of game with 10 men & lost

2nd one

V Middlesborough

Last minute Hassle bank runs though on goal with Fulham 1-0 up ! Clashes with EVDS ! OUTSIDE THE BOX Penalty given which they score & EVDS not even booked !

Pics prove it was outside

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/images/playerpics04_05/football/live/mid_ful.jpg

So 1 point instead of 3 !

THESE ARE BIG DECISIONS that dont do favours to the teams fighting relegation like ourselves !

I know we are down there on merit or lack of it but these kind of decisions dont help ! The same incredible refereeing decisions happened when we played Arsenal earlier in the season & thats where our season changed ! The team seemed to lose belief & I really hope that doesnt happen again after these two terrible decisions !

Easy one on Saturday though away at CHELSEA LOL !

davegtt 20 April 2005 09:39 AM

thats life, happens to all clubs at some point. not just in the premier league. Next season you'll probably have more stuff go for you, bit like Crystal Palace if you like :)

Patriot 20 April 2005 10:48 AM

I'm a Boro fan so glad we got the point, Fulham dominated the game I thought, but I do agree with you that it was outside the box, first penalty we have had all season, mind you need to get into the box for a chance of getting one Lol

Martin

pauld37 20 April 2005 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Fulham71

Easy one on Saturday though away at CHELSEA LOL !

Hopefully you will be APPALLING Paul :)

Paul

Fulham71 20 April 2005 02:19 PM

LOL Maybe we will have some luck at some stage !

You never know it could be Chelsea needing a Win to get the title on Saturday & we might just nip it ;)

richiewong 20 April 2005 05:50 PM

Been saying all season how sh1t refs have been.
They just seem to have exacerbated how crap we've been doing as well:rolleyes:

pauld37 20 April 2005 06:29 PM

LOL Maybe we will have some luck at some stage !

You never know it could be Chelsea needing a Win to get the title on Saturday & we might just nip it ;)

Nooooooo dont say that, at least when, I mean, if we win the title the trophy will be in Fulham :D

Fulham71 20 April 2005 10:40 PM

no winning the trophy on Saturday then !
Maybe you will win it on Sunday without playing ! What an anti climax ;)

pauld37 21 April 2005 06:17 AM

Dont care as long as we win :)

Fulham71 21 April 2005 06:36 AM

you will but not against us ;)

pauld37 21 April 2005 06:46 AM

Looks like Monday after we beat you Saturday :D and Arsenal lose to Spurs :D

Fulham71 21 April 2005 06:47 AM

we shall see about that ;)

pauld37 21 April 2005 07:00 AM

Thats true.....Arsenal might not lose :p

Lancaster 21 April 2005 12:30 PM

Looking forward to Saturday! Will be starting in Sydneys cafe/bar on Munster road and then on to the cottage for a swifty! Then on to the bridge for the performance of the season from the "Mighty Fulham FC".

You forgot to mention that the Reyna goal on Saturday was at LEAST a yard offside! Our luck has got to change at some point, Saturday is as good as any time!

COYW

Scooby-Mark 21 April 2005 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by davegtt
thats life, happens to all clubs at some point. not just in the premier league.

Very true look at Mendes "Goal" at Old trafford also cost us two points :mad: :mad:

Just hoping we don't miss out on Europe by a point or two now !! :cry: :cry:

Fulham71 21 April 2005 03:04 PM

referees need to be accountable !

Scooby-Mark 21 April 2005 03:26 PM

referees need to be accountable !

Totaly agree !!! i saw the Fulham incident in the pub at Tottenham last night and they said Chris Coleman could face an F.A charge for attempting to confront the ref after the game.

But the ref will get f**k all, how is that fair :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

Not saying that Coleman's reaction was correct but there is no wonder managers get so irrate when such bad decisions get made !!

I thought them turning professional was suppossed to have improved the standard :mad: :mad:

Wmscooby 21 April 2005 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Scooby-Mark
Totaly agree !!! i saw the Fulham incident in the pub at Tottenham last night and they said Chris Coleman could face an F.A charge for attempting to confront the ref after the game.

But the ref will get f**k all, how is that fair :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

Not saying that Coleman's reaction was correct but there is no wonder managers get so irrate when such bad decisions get made !!

I thought them turning professional was suppossed to have improved the standard :mad: :mad:

Rob Styles has got to be the worst referee ever, he sent gavin mcann off last season in the carling cup semi for raising hands eh???? also seen him since then in various games he is awfull

it seems to me that some of these refs are just out for personnal glory and it makes you wonder whether some get paid to influence games.

pauld37 23 April 2005 03:09 PM

we shall see about that ;)

We certainly did :p :)

Fulham71 23 April 2005 04:06 PM

just got back ! The best team won on the day !

Worst ground for atmosphere that I have ever been to !

pauld37 23 April 2005 05:38 PM

Must admit it can get abit quiet