ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   Paula Radcliffe (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/420109-paula-radcliffe.html)

Leslie 17 April 2005 11:48 AM

Paula Radcliffe

Just wanted to air my congratulations to Paula for her outstanding victory today in the London Marathon. She finished in the second fastest ever time by a woman and that included an unavoidable short stop! The best ever time was also run by her. She was about one mile ahead of the girl in second place.

It would be good to feel that some of those who were so quick to criticise her after the Athens disappointment were big enough to praise her for that run today.

It may be worth mentioning that she now holds the three fastest ever times ever run by a woman and her victory today places her as the greatest ever woman marathon runner.

Les :)

Scoob99 17 April 2005 11:55 AM

Well done Paula.......Your a class above the rest:thumb:
Cheers
Colin

john_s 17 April 2005 12:49 PM

Well done Paula :)

John

Luminous 17 April 2005 03:13 PM

Something tells me that neither she nor any of her friends will ever see this topic, but what the heck.....WELL DONE PAULA.

It was a great run, and nice to see that she has returned to fitness :)

DJ Dunk 17 April 2005 05:48 PM

Just got back from the Marathon :) Great day out and superb weather for it !

swiftnick 17 April 2005 06:00 PM

nice one Paula :)

AntiPastor 17 April 2005 07:12 PM

Lucky she won.

We all know what she's like when she doesn't get her own way, and it's not a pretty sight. ;)

Abdabz 18 April 2005 09:25 AM

I Just hope she gets fined for peeing in public like everyone else does... :mad:

Leslie 18 April 2005 11:56 AM

Abdahz,

Perhap's you should write to the organisers and recommend that they provide some Portaloo's along the roads then if you are mortally offended.

We have to assume that you are lucky enough never to have been "caught short" and that you have never pee'd anywhere than in a lavatory.

Les :rolleyes:

scooby-si 18 April 2005 12:53 PM

leslie ill criticise her, she still cannt run under pressure none of the big runners where there thats why she won;)IMHO

PG 18 April 2005 07:06 PM

there is always someone who benefits from others misfortune

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...187631714&rd=1

:D

pauld37 18 April 2005 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by PG
there is always someone who benefits from others misfortune

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...187631714&rd=1

:D

Rather impressive :D

Leslie 19 April 2005 12:06 PM

Well I watched most of the race scooby-si and she just left the others for dead, including the girl who beat her before who was fourth!

Can't see how you can justify that remark when she put in the second ever fastest time by a woman and that was with a stop as well. She even left the pacemakers behind by four miles. Her nearest rival was about a mile behind her at the finish. With that kind of a performance, who else is going to push her anyway?

Les

ozzy 19 April 2005 12:10 PM

Yep, congratulations to her. 2hrs 17mins for 26-miles is a great achievement in anyones books.

Would love to see her run some Ultra Marathons like the Comrades in SA :)

Abdabz 19 April 2005 12:23 PM

Ah so as long as you're running in a race its OK to pee in a public place now is it? SO where does the law go from here? Can I run down the road tonight waving my schlong around spraying fountains of beer fuelled peepee everywhere as long as Im racing against others? Ahh no - for I shall be arrested and fined...
I have pee'd in a plethora of places and have been aware each time I do it that if I am seen I would be nicked - I didnt realise running in a race made it OK - perhaps running in races makes it OK to use violent or threatening behaviour or to butcher families or commit genocide - "Good news Adolf you were in the Berlin marathon at the time - off you popgo there's a good boy"... Hmmm...
Its either the law or it isnt - I cant see what makes that quit when it suits her skinny tart any different to the rest of the UK... oh and :rolleyes: to you too :D

Funkii Munkii 19 April 2005 12:40 PM

She should have just pissed her pants

She loves all that self publicity ;)

STi wanna Subaru 19 April 2005 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Abdabz
Ah so as long as you're running in a race its OK to pee in a public place now is it? SO where does the law go from here? Can I run down the road tonight waving my schlong around spraying fountains of beer fuelled peepee everywhere as long as Im racing against others? Ahh no - for I shall be arrested and fined...
I have pee'd in a plethora of places and have been aware each time I do it that if I am seen I would be nicked - I didnt realise running in a race made it OK - perhaps running in races makes it OK to use violent or threatening behaviour or to butcher families or commit genocide - "Good news Adolf you were in the Berlin marathon at the time - off you popgo there's a good boy"... Hmmm...
Its either the law or it isnt - I cant see what makes that quit when it suits her skinny tart any different to the rest of the UK... oh and :rolleyes: to you too :D

get a life and stop trolling...... you're the one now spouting sh1t everywhere! :rolleyes:

CrisPDuk 19 April 2005 12:52 PM

T obe honest, I'd have bet my mortgage on her winning, she doesn't usually lose when she's getting appearance money.

pslewis 19 April 2005 01:09 PM

Someone told me she just pee'd in public! :eek:

Squated down and pee'd??

Didnt see it myself, but is that true??!! :eek:

Not even in the bushes??

Pete

davegtt 19 April 2005 03:18 PM

True Mr lewis.

Gotta agree with Abdabz though, I dont have a problem with her doing what she did but why 1 rule for 1 and another for others? if I peed in the street and was seen/caught Id expect to face some sort of prosecution, just cause she was running a marathon I dont see the difference myself, still a VERY public place for it.

Butty 19 April 2005 03:27 PM

If I had stomach cramps then it would suggest I had the squits, not just needing a little tinkle.
I trust she had a doggy bag and scoop with her.

STi wanna Subaru 19 April 2005 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by davegtt
True Mr lewis.

Gotta agree with Abdabz though, I dont have a problem with her doing what she did but why 1 rule for 1 and another for others? if I peed in the street and was seen/caught Id expect to face some sort of prosecution, just cause she was running a marathon I dont see the difference myself, still a VERY public place for it.

Are you for real? It's not like she'd gone for a jog in the park. :rolleyes: She was competing in a major event and she needed to urinate to enable her to carry on competing. At stake was obviously the honour of winning but the considerable prize money.

I actually can't believe I'm replying to this... you guys must be taking the pee?? (Pun intended!)

SPEN555 19 April 2005 04:00 PM

Wot about when you get caught short between pubs.

Cops are onto you like a ton of bricks if you pull the stunt Paula did.

ozzy 19 April 2005 04:00 PM

Needing a pi$$ or having the skits is very common in runners. I was watching with some friends and they said she stopped a squated down and she must have cramp. I said she's probably just having a pi$$.

Don't see anything wrong with it myself if that's the real reason. Didn't anyone see the Romanian girl pucking her guts up immediately after the race? it was green :eek:

You can't imagine just how far they push their bodies and what affect it can have on you physically. They just make it look very easy. At least the Romanian girl made it look like she gave it 110%.

So, should the Police have arrested the 2nd place girl for vomiting all over the royal mile? get a grip FFS.

SPEN555 19 April 2005 04:06 PM

Wot about the Police horses $hitting all over the place. They should be blowing them away with a 12 bore the instant the first turd hits the road. You could have snipers on top of the building. :D

davegtt 19 April 2005 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by SPEN555
Wot about the Police horses $hitting all over the place. They should be blowing them away with a 12 bore the instant the first turd hits the road. You could have snipers on top of the building. :D

No you should be shooting the horse rider, not the horse. should clean up after it, after all a dog walker would get the book thrown at them if caught ;)

Dave T-S 20 April 2005 02:17 PM

Ah, Scoobynet - always the home of bar room experts ;)

How many of you actually ran the marathon on Sunday then :rolleyes:

davegtt 20 April 2005 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Dave T-S
Ah, Scoobynet - always the home of bar room experts ;)

Does it matter how many of us ran it? I have better things to do on a Sunday than run 26 miles (I think?) for nothing at the end of it.

ozzy 20 April 2005 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Dave T-S

I did a 3hr run up some mountains in Scotland on Sunday if that's OK with you :p Find Marathons very boring and not much of a challenge ;)

davegtt,

there's the sense of achievment and the challenge for some. Others simply enjoy it while some could be raising money for charities. Anyway, you get a medal, a t-shirt and probably a Mars bar for all your efforts.

davegtt 20 April 2005 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by ozzy
I did a 3hr run up some mountains in Scotland on Sunday if that's OK with you :p Find Marathons very boring and not much of a challenge ;)

davegtt,

there's the sense of achievment and the challenge for some. Others simply enjoy it while some could be raising money for charities. Anyway, you get a medal, a t-shirt and probably a Mars bar for all your efforts.

Ahhh but youve answered yourself there with theres a sense of achievemt and the challenge for SOME. others may find it boring. I play football every sunday for an hour and half and I get a sense of achievment from that... I dont think Id be too fussed about running 26 miles for the fun of it.... Id get bored half way round and stop off at the pub :D