ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Request for help - Info on Ferrari F1 team (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/419623-request-for-help-info-on-ferrari-f1-team.html)

Drunken Bungle Whore 15 April 2005 11:02 AM

Request for help - Info on Ferrari F1 team

I've had a dig around on t'internet but can't find the answers to these 2 questions:

How many people IN TOTAL are there in the Ferrari F1 team (including all the people back in the office etc)

And how many people are directly involved in each pitstop?

I need the info for something I'm doing at work - any help much appreciated.

:)

Brendan Hughes 15 April 2005 11:04 AM

Including the truck drivers, the accounts dept, and the sandwich lady? Might be tricky... where's that re-bitten hero geezer?

TelBoy 15 April 2005 11:11 AM

If anyone drums up the Scousers/Ferrari "joke" again there'll be trouble :mad:

Drunken Bungle Whore 15 April 2005 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Brendan Hughes
Including the truck drivers, the accounts dept, and the sandwich lady? Might be tricky... where's that re-bitten hero geezer?

I know - I'll settle for ball park on that. I used to use Mclarens info, but that was back in the days when Hakkinen was winning everything..... (and they had 325 employees in total at the time - I'm full of fascinating facts!) So I suppose I'd guess around the same amount - but just wondered if there were any tifosi around here that might know....

Buckrogers 15 April 2005 11:19 AM

Pit stops, used to be:
3 per wheel
front jack
rear jack
one each side cleaning side pods
Starter (in case of stalling)
two for fuel rig
one guy doing "fire" duties :D
Almost forgot the main man, Mr lollipop :D

but now there are no wheel changes...

Ferrari web site not particularly good for finding out such info, had a look a while ago.
Last I heard, team totalled around 130, but this could have been "direct" as opposed to including indirect staff.

Let us know if you find any other good links.

OllyK 15 April 2005 11:22 AM

Try asking here

Scoobychick 15 April 2005 11:24 AM

I've emailed Richard 'that re-bitten hero geezer' :D

Karl 227 15 April 2005 11:33 AM

Anyone heard the one about the scousers and the Ferrari? :norty:

Re-Bitten Hero 15 April 2005 12:13 PM

LOL :) Thanks Brendan and Sal!

Off the top of my head, I think it's around 350-400 guys and girls altogether, with probably around 15 directly involved in the pit stops (though this used to be more as someone said above).

Tell you what, I'll ask one of the Ferrari guys directly :cool:. Answers a bit later when I get them!

Thanks for the heads-up Sal :D.

Richard

Drunken Bungle Whore 15 April 2005 12:38 PM

:thumb: Thanks - really appreciate it!

Re-Bitten Hero 15 April 2005 12:41 PM

Ok, here's the answer directly from Stefano, senior project development manager at Ferrari F1...

Hi Richard,

here are the answers:

800 people as permanent employee
50 consultants

27 people for 2004 pit stop
15 people for 2005 pit stop + 5 if a tyre change is required.

ciao

Stefano
The reason it's so high is that there are 250+ people involved in engine development, in addition to the remaining people in chassis development and all the ancillaries (marketing/sponsorship, partnership management etc...).

Hope this helps! :cool:
Richard

Scoobychick 15 April 2005 12:43 PM

Direct from the prancing horse's mouth :D

Re-Bitten Hero 15 April 2005 12:58 PM

Funny thing is, we have the same Scousers/Ferrari joke here in Germany, but it's a Polish/Ferrari joke here :eek: :) !!

Richard

Drunken Bungle Whore 15 April 2005 01:13 PM

Thanks Re-Bitten Hero - I will now be naming my first born child after you!

:D :D

Re-Bitten Hero 15 April 2005 01:29 PM

LOL :) Re-Bitten Bungle Whore :) Imagine registering that at the hospital!! LOL :D

Richard

Brendan Hughes 15 April 2005 02:10 PM

:)

Markus 15 April 2005 02:53 PM

Arse, beaten to an answer. Obvisouly Nicola Todt isn't as quick to ask her Dad about things :D

Re-Bitten Hero 15 April 2005 03:06 PM

Her Dad (or Jean me-old-mate as I call him ;)) is busy at an FIA meeting with Maxy "The Boy" Mosley today :).

Nice name-dropping :D

Markus 15 April 2005 03:10 PM

hehehe :D So not trying to out do you :D My friend's wife happens to know Nicola, and sort of knows Jean, most unfair :D She also knows DC very well, her parents friends with his :D I just curse now and then :D lol

Re-Bitten Hero 15 April 2005 03:17 PM

Ok you win on name-dropping for people you kind of know :D

Markus 15 April 2005 03:48 PM

lol :D

InvisibleMan 15 April 2005 04:39 PM

well ive met the Queen, Queen Mum, Ozzy Osbourne, Noel Gallagher, Roy Castle, Cilla Black, Paul Daniels & Debbie McGee in her nitey & swam in their pool :p;)