ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   Newbie - Help please (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/419409-newbie-help-please.html)

DJP326 14 April 2005 02:44 PM

Newbie - Help please

Hi All,
I have just purchased an imported 1995 Impreza WRX Turbo and must say I've never driven a car like it !. My question is regarding servicing. I live on Canvey Island and would like to know if anyone can recommend a garage in the area.

Thanks,

djp326

fitzscoob 14 April 2005 02:52 PM

There is Xtreme Scoobies in chelmsford, www.xtremescoobies.co.uk
always helpful and nice fellas to boot :)

SirFozzalot 14 April 2005 03:09 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6.../titlelogo.jpg

:thumb:

SirFozzalot 14 April 2005 03:10 PM

Oh yeah, and Welcome! to scooby ownership! :D

You should get yourself along to a local meet, the guys from xtreme can regularly be found amongst the crowd plus a load of other friendly and knowledgable chaps. :D

Gangsta Smurf 14 April 2005 03:21 PM

Xtreme Scoobies ( :notworthy ) all the way mate!

spally 14 April 2005 04:03 PM

another vote here for xtreme........you cant go far wrong with them boys in my opinion

Phil 14 April 2005 04:19 PM

If you free tonight

Come along and meet the Gang at the halfway house on the A127

The boys from Xtreme will be there

Phil

rhybeck 14 April 2005 04:23 PM

welcome to scooby ownership mate dont make the mistake of thinking you car is bullit proof if you rag it everwhere you go you will break it engine builds are not cheep i lerned the hard way
get your own oil changed asap and change it every 4k ..3k if you want to be extra safe
you must also use octain booster with your petrol N.F. you can get from Xtreme there is also millers and pro boost

rhybeck 14 April 2005 04:26 PM

has anyone told him he has to wear a pink polo shirt ......lol..

Tiny 14 April 2005 04:56 PM

:lol: Save that for later :norty: ;)

Cornelius 14 April 2005 05:12 PM

Welcome to the pack!!

Totally agree with Rhybeck, service the car regularly, or else you could end up with piston slap on No 4 cylinder. which is a common problem with the impreza.

Be careful with your mods too, as this can lead to problems also, ie induction kits, etc.

The 'crew are a great bunch, and will happily give you advice

Adidas 14 April 2005 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by rhybeck
has anyone told him he has to wear a pink polo shirt ......lol..

Oh no you don't :p ;)

rhybeck 15 April 2005 12:45 AM

YOU WILL NOT RISIST!!

rhybeck 15 April 2005 12:47 AM

YOU ONLY CHANGED YOUR POST NAME COS YOU THOUGHT TINY ALREADY HAD YOUR SHIRT PRINTED FOR YOU

baz69birds 15 April 2005 08:42 AM

welcome to the GANG,
xtremes scoobies ARE VERY VERY helpful.

DJP326 15 April 2005 10:02 AM

Many Thanks for all the help and advice, much appreciated. Sorry I couldn't make last night I'm only home Friday > Sunday - rest of week spent in North.
Will call xtreme when I get home this afternoon.

Pink Polo shirt ??????

rhybeck 15 April 2005 02:37 PM

they only got me in a pink polo shirt cos i did a deal :Suspiciou :Suspiciou :Suspiciou :Suspiciou

Cornelius 15 April 2005 05:32 PM

they only got me in a pink polo shirt cos i did a deal :Suspiciou :Suspiciou :Suspiciou :Suspiciou

Don't worry mate, you'll look lovely.................. or as much as a pillock as the rest of us ;)

Gangsta Smurf 15 April 2005 05:36 PM

which was a very worth while deal as I cannot believe I'm going to spend a night in a tent! ;)

rhybeck 15 April 2005 06:22 PM

a small price lol

Tiny 15 April 2005 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by DJP326
Sorry I couldn't make last night I'm only home Friday > Sunday - rest of week spent in North.

DOH!! & Theres me thinking i met you last night :cuckoo:

Must of ben another ESC Member of " THE ISLAND"

Tiny...

Gangstabaiter 15 April 2005 08:51 PM

Uh oh ....... I wouldn't want to be in a tent alone with Gangsta !!!!

Gangstabaiter

Cornelius 15 April 2005 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Gangsta Smurf
which was a very worth while deal as I cannot believe I'm going to spend a night in a tent! ;)

You should of been at JAE last year, forget the dressing gowns with hotel monikors embroidered on them, and BRING OUT THE CAFFREYS, eh Tiny ;)

rhybeck 16 April 2005 04:41 PM

CAFFREYS think that was thanks to betts bringing a crate of em!!! is he going to beat his strut brace and dump valve record this year ????

Tiny 16 April 2005 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Cornelius
You should of been at JAE last year, forget the dressing gowns with hotel monikors embroidered on them, and BRING OUT THE CAFFREYS, eh Tiny ;)

Oh yes You boys going to get me hammered again !! lol :norty:

Cornelius 16 April 2005 05:21 PM

CAFFREYS think that was thanks to betts bringing a crate of em!!! is he going to beat his strut brace and dump valve record this year ????

Betts and I may be bringing a few bits and pieces along, like air splitters for I/C,
FLAMER kits, Mud flaps, WR1 Grilles (If he ever gets 'em done) and I/C water spray kits.
And anything else we come up with!!

mind you, it could be a bit of a bugger trying to fit flamers when you're lagered up ;)

Adidas 16 April 2005 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Gangstabaiter
Uh oh ....... I wouldn't want to be in a tent alone with Gangsta !!!!

Gangstabaiter

Just mind where he wants to stick his peg :eek: :eek: ;) :D :D

GangstaBaiter1 17 April 2005 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Adidas
Just mind where he wants to stick his peg :eek: :eek: ;) :D :D

I bet he dont use lube either selfish git:eek2: