ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   PSP Price in USD$$$ ? (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/417387-psp-price-in-usd.html)

RB5-Black 06 April 2005 09:45 PM

PSP Price in USD$$$ ?

What's the official price in the states for the value pack ?

I'm off to New-york in a couple of weeks and may bring a few back :D

Craig.

wah 06 April 2005 09:47 PM

have you tried checking IGN out mate sure it said on there when it was released

RB5-Black 06 April 2005 09:54 PM

Looks like around 250 Dolla Dolla bill yall :D

wah 06 April 2005 09:58 PM

Hmmm been a few problems with the US models from what I have heard compared to the JPN ones

just off topic slightly wot programs have you been using to put your movies onto your memory stick mate ??

J1nxy 06 April 2005 10:28 PM

pspvideo9 is the way to go, converts most things and also has a nice little copy util as well.

Steve

wah 06 April 2005 10:45 PM

Yeah just downloaded that this morning tried a small DVD rip clip of only 1:30 took 7mb of space does this sound right or am I doing something wrong, it was converted using the highest bitrates etc

RB5-Black 06 April 2005 11:54 PM

Problems ?

only problems I've read is the same old dead pixel BS. Idiots moaning that they have 2 dead pixels that you can't see until the screen is full black :rolleyes:

Any PSP's I buy will be punted on Ebay for a small profit :D

Oh and I'm using the Sony image convertor 2.1. Full DVD film will be around 300 Mb

wah 07 April 2005 12:03 AM

Yeah I got that off you on MSN do you convert at the higest bit rate ?? and do you use DVD dycrypter to rip it first.

Just wish I knew someone in JPN so that I could get hold of some !!!

JackClark 07 April 2005 12:07 AM

>Just wish I knew someone in JPN so that I could get hold of some !!!

My mate Neil will send you as many as you can pay for. Will want a drink for it of course. If you want his email send me a PM.

wah 07 April 2005 12:13 AM

YHPM ( Was wondering how long it would be b4 you posted lol )

RB5-Black 07 April 2005 12:16 AM

middle setting I think .... just try it out and see what quality you get. I'm using a crappy prog called DVD to avi one click before that. It's pants but works for what I need.

I need a case to take £2000 worth of gear Back from the US :D The tax free allowance if 1K now so me and the misses will be bring in load. Just thought I'd better hand carry most of it .

wah 07 April 2005 12:25 AM

Lol yeah hand carry is the better option what with the baggage handlers there will be nothing left by the time it gets back into this country

JackClark 07 April 2005 01:12 AM

Don't forget to send yourself a present or two in the post.

Bravo2zero_sps 07 April 2005 07:45 AM

So if the US ones are $250 why would you buy one from Japan if they are £240? The US ones are nearly half the price :Suspiciou

gregh 07 April 2005 09:02 AM

the tax free allowance is not £1k, it's still £150, the budget said they would "plan" to move it to £1k if I remember correctly.

RichardSimpson2004 07 April 2005 11:04 AM

Hi Guys,

BTW its $249 for the console only in the US with the value pack at I think $319 - still a good price though! I just spent the last 2 weeks in the US and couldn't get hold of one for love or money - the demand is huge out there at teh moment

If your out there, a good place to look is Best Buy www.bestbuy.com who buy in bulk and have more random shipments. You can also check stock level in store to find one nearby with them in store.

Alternatively if your in San Francisco check out the Sony Metreon www.metreon.com where there is a Playstation store that could possibly have a bit more stock than other stores. Electronics Boutique etc all have long waiting lists. I would have thought that in a couple of months you won't have a problem though.

Cheers

Richard