ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   Anyone going to Southend Sat 9th? (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/417220-anyone-going-to-southend-sat-9th.html)

Spec'c'57 11 April 2005 10:15 AM

nope didnt need much avoidance...... :D:D me and spally couldnt help one last tunnel run seeing as the bridge was shut so tunnel BOTH ways..... :D:D

SirFozzalot 11 April 2005 11:14 AM

Nice one guys!

Got some good video footage too! Had the in-car video running from when we left Thurrock.

Was right behind the Spec C around West Ferry Circus.....including the side-ways bit! :notworthy

Loads of flames from Betts and the black Classic!

VTEC to Turbo 11 April 2005 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by SirFozzalot
Nice one guys!

Got some good video footage too! Had the in-car video running from when we left Thurrock.

Was right behind the Spec C around West Ferry Circus.....including the side-ways bit! :notworthy

Loads of flames from Betts and the black Classic!

I recon that'll be KevD!! Loud bastad aswell. :)

Spec'c'57 11 April 2005 01:20 PM

i SO need to see some of this footage..... :D:D

Gangsta Smurf 11 April 2005 01:58 PM

may well have a viewing at Chez Gangsta later on this week. Can be a take-away curry and tunnel run DVD night! ... TBC of course!

rhybeck 11 April 2005 05:28 PM

depends who and when but if a viewin is in order the ""SCREEN"" COULD BE AVALABLE for viewing gangstas footage and the bedford track day

thecirsch 11 April 2005 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Spec'c'57
nope didnt need much avoidance...... :D:D me and spally couldnt help one last tunnel run seeing as the bridge was shut so tunnel BOTH ways..... :D:D

And there's me thinking it's only Gangsta who goes both ways :p :p ;) :D :D

Spec'c'57 11 April 2005 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by thecirsch

always game for trying ANYTHING once...... :eek2: well ok i do draw the line before that..... :D:D

Tiny 11 April 2005 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by rhybeck
depends who and when but if a viewin is in order the ""SCREEN"" COULD BE AVALABLE for viewing gangstas footage and the bedford track day

Yei i would be well up for that

See what i missed :norty:

Tiny...

spally 11 April 2005 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by thecirsch

pmsl, we just couldnt help ourselfs ;):D as we stopped at the services and the tunnel was screaming for us to go through once more!!!! nice little road block just before we entered ;):D:D

still fercking freezing though..........at least winow is back in so dont need to keep the heating on full whack anymore ;):D:D:D:D

curry and viewing sounds cool to me!!!

Hammoc 12 April 2005 10:49 PM

Sounds like you had some fun Sat night ;)

Tiny - any news on the next 'official' ESC tunnel run? I'm sure the guys who were out on Sat night will be well up for another one :D

Spec'c'57 12 April 2005 10:55 PM

could only EVER be a midnight run again..... ;) so quiet....... :norty:

spally 12 April 2005 11:04 PM

could only EVER be a midnight run again..... ;) so quiet....... :norty:

or it was ;):D dont think that old bloke would agree with ya Steve PMSL

Spec'c'57 12 April 2005 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by spally
or it was ;):D dont think that old bloke would agree with ya Steve PMSL

all heroin dealers tho aint we...... :D:D the discrete sort........ :cuckoo: might go knock on his door 2moro....... :D:D

Gangsta Smurf 13 April 2005 12:18 AM

I think the Docklands security were the funniest ... all you guys didn't get to hear them.

"what shall we do"
"don't know ... sounds phat though"

:D

Spec'c'57 13 April 2005 06:45 AM

:D:D wot COULD they do its a public road..... :D:D i was lost and unsure of which turning to take OFF the roundabout honest...... :D:D

VTEC to Turbo 13 April 2005 08:01 AM

:D:D wot COULD they do its a public road..... :D:D i was lost and unsure of which turning to take OFF the roundabout honest...... :D:D

That roundabout was great, never been on it before! I think there were too many scoobs last time to be able to get on it!!

I got lost about 10 circuits, I mean times!! :D

Spec'c'57 13 April 2005 08:04 AM

when i finally stopped i felt rather dizzy...... :D:D maybe as i was watching the inner wall most of the time..... :D:D

VTEC to Turbo 13 April 2005 08:18 AM

when i finally stopped i felt rather dizzy...... :D:D maybe as i was watching the inner wall most of the time..... :D:D

Your not wrong!

The funniest was watching the Micra go round in front of me, almost on 2 wheels!!! LOL Not known for there planted suspension setup! The 3rd guy in the back looked like one of those guys on a side car trying to keep all the wheels on the ground :D

http://www.motorbike-search-engine.c.../18.10.041.JPG

Spec'c'57 13 April 2005 08:23 AM

what was really great tho...........was............

Spec'c'57 13 April 2005 08:23 AM

taking CORNERS like this.............:p

SirFozzalot 13 April 2005 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Hammoc
Sounds like you had some fun Sat night ;)

Tiny - any news on the next 'official' ESC tunnel run? I'm sure the guys who were out on Sat night will be well up for another one :D

I'm not sure there will be another 'official' one. Unfortunately it has been a victim of its own success and with sooo many scoobs it becomes very hard to keep it all together. :( But keep an eye out anyway, it might be a bit of a last minute thing to keep the numbers down abit.

Keep an eye out for the "underground" posts and you may get in on the next one with the other renegades! :lol1: :norty:

baz69birds 13 April 2005 09:03 AM

taking CORNERS like this.............:p

POST WHORE

Spec'c'57 13 April 2005 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by SirFozzalot
I'm not sure there will be another 'official' one. Unfortunately it has been a victim of its own success and with sooo many scoobs it becomes very hard to keep it all together. :( But keep an eye out anyway, it might be a bit of a last minute thing to keep the numbers down abit.

Keep an eye out for the "underground" posts and you may get in on the next one with the other renegades! :lol1: :norty:

:D:D maybe i should start the NEXT list..... ;) 10-15 cars again is it????? :D:D

VTEC to Turbo 13 April 2005 10:36 AM

:D:D maybe i should start the NEXT list..... ;) 10-15 cars again is it????? :D:D

More tunnel runs with fewer cars is definately the way forward! :D

SirFozzalot 13 April 2005 10:41 AM

Maybe there should be one big meet at Thurrock but then the cars leave in groups of 10 cars about 15mins apart.

Spec'c'57 13 April 2005 10:57 AM

maybe that could work......

Gangsta Smurf 13 April 2005 11:29 AM

yeh but problem with staggered leaving times is that some groups will want to just rag it whereas others might not - so we'll all end up bunched.

Also by the time the first groups have hit the underground roundabout or dartford bridge the police/security will have cottoned on to what is happening ... will send out the patrol car through the tunnel like last time.

We just got to limit numbers IMHO. Announce the run maybe 2 days before and see what interest it gets. Going to be the standard hardcore running each time so guarunteed to be a laugh/success.

VTEC to Turbo 13 April 2005 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Gangsta Smurf
We just got to limit numbers IMHO. Announce the run maybe 2 days before and see what interest it gets. Going to be the standard hardcore running each time so guarunteed to be a laugh/success.

I agree :)

SirFozzalot 13 April 2005 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Gangsta Smurf
yeh but problem with staggered leaving times is that some groups will want to just rag it whereas others might not - so we'll all end up bunched.

Also by the time the first groups have hit the underground roundabout or dartford bridge the police/security will have cottoned on to what is happening ... will send out the patrol car through the tunnel like last time.

Yeah, Agreed. Forgot about the Police ruining it all! ;) :D