ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Interior (https://www.scoobynet.com/interior-15/)
-   -   Are newage seats easy to remove/fit (https://www.scoobynet.com/interior-15/415451-are-newage-seats-easy-to-remove-fit.html)

Jamesemt 30 March 2005 07:11 PM

Are newage seats easy to remove/fit

As the title, really. I'm looking at getting a set of STI seats for my WRX but just wondered if I can attempt the removal myself.

Cheers

scoobchrissy 30 March 2005 09:48 PM

There a piece of piss to change m8 did mine last year :thumb:

ticky 30 March 2005 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by scoobchrissy
There a piece of piss to change m8 did mine last year :thumb:

Are the seats wider?
Did you change the rears too?

scoobchrissy 30 March 2005 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by ticky
Are the seats wider?
Did you change the rears too?

Fronts / Rears / Door cards / Carpet / Crome door handles / plus gator suround, and no m8 the seats are not wider, or not so you'd notice.

chrissy

poffer 15 April 2005 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Jamesemt
As the title, really. I'm looking at getting a set of STI seats for my WRX but just wondered if I can attempt the removal myself.

Cheers

You will need to get to 3.3 ohm resistors to plug into the airbag connectors (sti seats have no airbags). Go to radio spares shop and buy a couple with long legs and just push them into the connector on the car. Suggest disconnect battery before removing original seats with airbags (just to be sure).

Changing seats takes about 20 mins, be careful of them as the metal bases can be sharp (cust fingers and trim) + disconnect all cables before trying to remove
:) (there is one extra one on the driver's seat for the seatbelt nagger).

good luck

Pete

Jamesemt 15 April 2005 07:45 PM

Cheers mate - don't think mine have airbags as they are the Euro sports seats???

scoobchrissy 15 April 2005 09:51 PM

Mine did'nt have Airbags so it was a lot easier, like poffer said above take's about 20 mins.... :thumb:

Coupe-Se 27 April 2005 11:26 AM

Anyone know where I can get a set of STI seats from for my 04 WRX???? I've done several web searches but found nothing :confused:

Cheers......... Nick :)

Midlife...... 27 April 2005 01:09 PM

As above, my MY02 bugeye WRX had no airbags either :)

Take the rear seats out FIRST (bolts on the floor and hooks near the rear shelf) and then take out the front seats through the back doors with the seats semi-reclined.

Mind the sharp metal seat base on the bodywork !!

Best of luck but is quite easy..much easier than the bit of plastic around the door puls if you decide to change the door cards..LOL

Midlife.....

Jamesemt 27 April 2005 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Coupe-Se
Anyone know where I can get a set of STI seats from for my 04 WRX???? I've done several web searches but found nothing :confused:

Cheers......... Nick :)

I got mine from this guy : Phatpaint@aol.com

Tell him James with the door card problem gave you the address - he sometimes lurks on Scoobynet...

Midlife...... 27 April 2005 06:58 PM

I got mine from "phatpaint" too :D :D

Looking at my AOL buddy list he's been on AOL today.....I'd try his e-mail address as above.

Midlife.....

Jamesemt 27 April 2005 08:50 PM

Managed to change the seats - it is really easy.

Just need a set of door cards now - STI9s don't fit without the switchgear :(

Midlife...... 27 April 2005 08:55 PM

When I changed my door cards on the MY02 bugeye the switchgear had "nissan" written all over it !!!

Maybe the STi9 switchgear can br sourced quite easilly.......from Nissan ??

Midlife.....

Jamesemt 27 April 2005 08:58 PM

I was kind of hoping someone would have sorted me out by now. I'm getting really desperate - no-ones got any STI8 cards for sale either :(