ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Should Jamie Oliver be Knighted? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/415426-should-jamie-oliver-be-knighted.html)

unclebuck 30 March 2005 05:26 PM

Should Jamie Oliver be Knighted?

As per title. The Tories certainly think so.

For his services to the nation's children, and for the Dickensian like way in which he has single-handedly exposed the appalling inadequacies of New Labour's school meals policies.

mart360 30 March 2005 05:31 PM

bit of a tough one, given who he is and what he has done, i dont think he needa a knighthood, he,s loaded.

but it just goes to show when the spin factory is rattled it tries to cover its arse!!!

cue psl & tiggs ( billy & alistair) with the propaganda wagon!!

Mart

the moose 30 March 2005 05:40 PM

<Tory troll>

Obviously, school dinners were fantastic under the magnificent leadership of The Sainted Margaret*, and only plummeted to their current standards as a direct result of Tony Blair's personal intervention.

</Tory troll>

Mind you, fair play to Jamie Oliver, and he does deserve recognition for what he's done.

*UB, remember the phrase "Thatcher, Thatcher, milk snatcher"? No, thought you'd rather forget that rather lamentable episode.

andypugh2000 30 March 2005 05:42 PM

The guy is an idiot and needs a tongue reduction before a knighthood :razz:

unclebuck 30 March 2005 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by the moose
UB, remember the phrase "Thatcher, Thatcher, milk snatcher"? No, thought you'd rather forget that rather lamentable episode.

Five penalty points for being completely off topic. This poll has nothing to do with what happened 25 years ago. :nono:

SiDHEaD 30 March 2005 05:43 PM

Reminds me of those pics posted on here ages ago.... we have a few of em here!

the moose 30 March 2005 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by unclebuck
Five penalty points for being completely off topic. This poll has nothing to do with what happened 25 years ago. :nono:

You mean what started 25 years (and more, actually) ago? Of course it's relevant.

richie rich 30 March 2005 05:46 PM

The mans a god send...

dpb 30 March 2005 05:47 PM

government post at the very least - that ll stop 'im yapping.

unclebuck 30 March 2005 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by SiDHEaD
Reminds me of those pics posted on here ages ago.... we have a few of em here!

Yes, no doubt all those photoshop losers have done no end of good for society.

Or are they just envious inadaquates?

:rolleyes:

SiDHEaD 30 March 2005 06:41 PM

As long as they make pics which are amusing plays on posters/forum pics etc i don't care how inadequate they are!

Lee247 30 March 2005 07:13 PM

He's certainly opened my eyes. My kids are 10 and 14 and are now on healthy packed lunches. :)

Tiggs 30 March 2005 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by mart360
cue psl & tiggs ( billy & alistair) with the propaganda wagon!!

Mart

get your facts right dickhead....i have NO interest in politics and fall into NO political camp.

for the record:

School dinners - crap (in some schools....mine have loads of healthy home made stuff on th menu and no one's allowed crisp and sweets)

JO - **** with better PR than Blair

Olly 30 March 2005 07:14 PM

Good luck to the lad. Although the cynic in me senses that he's just drumming up viewers for his flagging TV show.

chaos. 30 March 2005 07:17 PM

i think he's a bit of a **** :lol1::lol:

Chip Sengravy 30 March 2005 07:43 PM

Obviously, school dinners were fantastic under the magnificent leadership of The Sainted Margaret*, and only plummeted to their current standards as a direct result of Tony Blair's personal intervention.
I ate my school dinners under the rule of Mrs Thatch. I liked em so much I bought the username :D

Manda_po 30 March 2005 07:48 PM

Mmm, I seem to remember chips with everything under Thatch too.

Jap2Scrap 30 March 2005 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by the moose
<Tory troll>

</Tory troll>

Mind you, fair play to Jamie Oliver, and he does deserve recognition for what he's done.

*UB, remember the phrase "Thatcher, Thatcher, milk snatcher"? No, thought you'd rather forget that rather lamentable episode.

I believe that free milk is still available for schoolchildren, only now it has to be formally requested by the parent rather than handed round as it was in my day. It makes sense really because my enduring memory of school milk is that 90% of the time it was at least at room temperature and all of the bottles smelt of bird****.

NotoriousREV 30 March 2005 09:48 PM

Where's the middle-ground option: he's done a good thing and should get a pat on the back but he's still a fat-tongued mockney wanka?

unclebuck 30 March 2005 09:53 PM

Surprisingly close so far.

I wonder how many of the 'fat tongued w*nker' brigade actually watched the programme or have children of their own?

Manda_po 30 March 2005 09:56 PM

I used to think he was a fat tounged (sp) wanker and do think he has done a good thing. I also think the nutritional standards that were set up after the war were first breached (read abolished) by the Tories in the eighties. It is a long term problem that thankfully is now firmly on the political agenda.

Jap2Scrap 30 March 2005 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by unclebuck
Surprisingly close so far.

I wonder how many of the 'fat tongued w*nker' brigade actually watched the programme or have children of their own?

I've got my own daughter UB, she chooses to take a sensible and healthy packed lunch :)

As for J.O. yes, he's attempting something which I applaud wholeheartedly and I'll be disappointed if an OBE or MBE isn't forthcoming if he keeps this up, but a knighthood? Not quite yet mate.

unclebuck 30 March 2005 10:03 PM

In case you haven't seen it....

Channel 4 now.... It *will* change your opinion of him.

UB

unclebuck 30 March 2005 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Jap2Scrap
I've got my own daughter UB, she chooses to take a sensible and healthy packed lunch :)

As for J.O. yes, he's attempting something which I applaud wholeheartedly and I'll be disappointed if an OBE or MBE isn't forthcoming if he keeps this up, but a knighthood? Not quite yet mate.

But, Elton John got one for doing...... F.A.??:confused:

unclebuck 30 March 2005 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Manda_po
Mmm, I seem to remember chips with everything under Thatch too.

That's the kind of memory a retard would have. :D

Are you difficult to control after lunch too?

UB:p

Buckrogers 30 March 2005 11:25 PM

Whether you like him or think he is a nobber, he has bought the attention of all of us into what can only be described as utterly shocking state of the current school dinners.

I think he deserves great thanks from all of the millions of children and parents for what he has done. Does that mean a knighthood, don't know. What warrants a knighthood? If he gets whichever bunch of munkey's are ruining this country into spending more and addressing this issue, which I suspect goes way back, past Maggie days, then yes, making the lives of millions of kids healthier, does deserve a knighthood.

Is he doing this to raise his own profile? Who knows, more to the point who cares, at least he is doing something which none of the current 3 parties have addressed in the last 30+ years.

BBC news reports that the average cost per meal will rise from 45p to 50p.

Scotland average at 66p, France somewhere near £1:10, Italy £1:25.

Buck

7 Foot 31 March 2005 07:21 AM

I too think what he's done deserves some sort of recognition.

I've never understood what he has ever done to create such bad feeling for him. He's had people lobbing insults at him for years - why?

Jap2Scrap 31 March 2005 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by 7 Foot
I too think what he's done deserves some sort of recognition.

I've never understood what he has ever done to create such bad feeling for him. He's had people lobbing insults at him for years - why?

Cos he's obviously just an ordinary lad who's done good for himself. We're great in this country at knocking down anyone with a modicum of talent. See also:

sportsmen/women
actors
musicians

Build 'em up and knock 'em down. It's our national sport.

7 Foot 31 March 2005 07:32 AM

Feared as much.

*sigh*

SiDHEaD 31 March 2005 07:39 AM

I don't dislike him, but I don't think he deserves a knighthood - like so many of the others that get them.