ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Driving Dynamics (https://www.scoobynet.com/driving-dynamics-354/)
-   -   water spray (https://www.scoobynet.com/driving-dynamics-354/415037-water-spray.html)

strokerace 29 March 2005 11:39 AM

water spray

a simple question when to press intercooler spray button??

Stiver3 29 March 2005 04:25 PM

There is no real set time. Bit of your own judgement. I usually use mine after sort of 10 minutes driving. Or if im sitting at lights etc b4 i pull away.

AshleyJ WRX 29 March 2005 07:53 PM

Tend to use mine if I have been stationary or moving a slow speeds for a time to get my charge temperature back down.

dazc 08 April 2005 09:07 PM

Same here, usually after traffic lights to cool it down, or just before you are going to have a play.:) Daz

BigBaz 09 April 2005 10:48 AM

Ever had one of those questions you feel to afraid to ask in case you get a red face. Well here goes, where is the water bottle for the IC spray, I have looked in the handbook but cant see it, so have never played with the button.

Baz

wah 09 April 2005 02:37 PM

Have you checked the boot area ?????

ex-webby 09 April 2005 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by BigBaz
Ever had one of those questions you feel to afraid to ask in case you get a red face. Well here goes, where is the water bottle for the IC spray, I have looked in the handbook but cant see it, so have never played with the button.

Baz

Dont feel red faced.... I didnt know until some one told me as I thought it was part of the normal windscreen washer system. :D Fortunately I never kept the UK car long enough to have to find out! :D I think I was told it was the right hand side in the boot? Perhaps someone else can verify that.

Regards,
shaun.

Spec'c'57 10 April 2005 03:11 AM

uk sti (newage) right side of boot........ classics IIRC are under the bonnet and spec'c's you just CANT miss........ :D:D

marcymarc555 10 April 2005 10:07 AM

Use water spray on boiling hot days,,or after or in between or whenever u r kaining it... other than that never..

I dont understand what someone just said about ten minutes after driving he gives it a squirt.. bollox..:nono:

richie rich 10 April 2005 11:51 PM

Use it as you feel fit , it wont hurt to squirt.

PJ's Scoob 11 April 2005 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by richie rich
Use it as you feel fit , it wont hurt to squirt.

Thats what I tell the girlfriend !:norty:

dan100381 01 June 2005 09:34 PM

here goes another silly question then

Are all subaru impreza's fitted with water spray? I have only owned my UK 2000 model for a week. I have only just found the coolant filler :)

Where will the button be and the loaction of the bottle under the hood?

Thanks

stu_5 07 June 2005 07:44 PM

Only the newage sti's and some of the import classic models have them- dont think you'd have much luck looking for one on a uk 2000- though aftermarket kits are common enough now.

Main time to use it is about 2 seconds before you boot it- main effect I gather it has is in the latent heat of vaporisation of the water covering the intercooler ie the energy thats needed to steam off the water on it.

Not certain how long it lasts- but if that's the theory of it I'd be suprised if it lasts for anything more than a short period of time.

Dave uk blue mica 07 June 2005 08:34 PM

you can get it secondhand but its hard to find, i've been searching for ages for a genuine set up and finally got one last week after putting a thread on here

webby v7 slipperwagon 29 November 2005 04:45 PM

I just leave mine on auto all the time, can't be manually squirting and driving at the same time

wrxtankie 30 November 2005 06:07 PM

On the Bugeye STI RA its under the bonnet to the right of the I/C as you look at it. and its auto or manual. well mine has two buttons????

Aston

GrollySTI 01 December 2005 04:26 PM

Another "THEY ASKED 8 MONTHS AGO!!!" threads.:D

GrahamG 16 December 2005 04:08 PM

How about fitting one to a 95 classic wrx? could i make up a kit. bottle and pump from any car.. fit in the boot. Where would i put the jets?

any ideas are welcome.

cheers.
G.

LegacySTi 09 January 2006 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by GrahamG
How about fitting one to a 95 classic wrx? could i make up a kit. bottle and pump from any car.. fit in the boot. Where would i put the jets?

any ideas are welcome.

cheers.
G.

Is every classic impreza pre-wired for water spray???????? Imports anyway like WRX????

LegacySTi 09 January 2006 11:34 PM

Anyone????

GrahamG 10 January 2006 03:14 PM

I don't know, but it would be really easy to wire.

2 things that i need to know before i do it.

1, Where can i mount the jet's?
2, Where can i locate the botttle?

G.

LegacySTi 11 January 2006 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by GrahamG
I don't know, but it would be really easy to wire.

2 things that i need to know before i do it.

1, Where can i mount the jet's?
2, Where can i locate the botttle?

G.

Just buy whole kit from a breaker from a STi. Switch, bottle & pump, whole black panel under vent containing jets. pipework

GrahamG 12 January 2006 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by LegacySTi
Just buy whole kit from a breaker from a STi. Switch, bottle & pump, whole black panel under vent containing jets. pipework

too late! already started! :D