ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Ive done it...and im not going back. (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/414999-ive-done-it-and-im-not-going-back.html)

Gav1 29 March 2005 09:37 AM

Ive done it...and im not going back.

After my last post on here titled " Does anyone else hate their job?"....I have finally done it, I left part way through a shift yesterday...couldn't take any more abuse!!
I have phoned in sick this morning and told the gaffer that i'm going on the club for the forseeable future with stress. Going down the doc's tomorrow to get signed off.
I have no intentions of going back to the sh*t hole. I am going to stay off for as long as possible. I have an interview for another job later this week which i think i have a good chance of getting.Going to stay off sick for my notice period aswell.Adamant that im not going back.
Will keep you informed.

Gav.

paul-s 29 March 2005 09:39 AM

good man ! it gives you a great feeling too knowing that your finished with it ! :D

are you going into a different line of business ?

suprabeast 29 March 2005 09:42 AM

its for the best if you hate it that much.... you spend too much of your life at work to hate what you are doing!

get out there and find something more enjoyable now :)

Gav1 29 March 2005 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by paul-s
good man ! it gives you a great feeling too knowing that your finished with it ! :D

are you going into a different line of business ?

Yes Paul, i'm hoping to go into something completely unrelated and a lot less stressful!:)

suprabeast 29 March 2005 09:43 AM

find yourself a job like paul-s where you dont really do anything! !

Gav1 29 March 2005 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by suprabeast

Sounds good to me!!:) What is it??

paul-s 29 March 2005 09:51 AM

1 hour a day in a college :D

full time pay :D:D

Gav1 29 March 2005 09:56 AM

1 hour a day in a college :D

full time pay :D:D

One hour a day eh!!

You be careful you don't tire yourself out!!:)

paul-s 29 March 2005 09:59 AM

its nice while it lasts. wont be forever tho...:D

remember school when you could sneak out and no-one knew or was bothered ? Its the same here.

Gotta put some effort into finding a proper job tho. hmmmm

Hanslow 29 March 2005 10:08 AM

Once in your new job (whatever that may be) you'll ask yourself after about an hour, 'why didn't I do this ages ago?'!!!

Best of luck with it, look at it as a step in the right direction. Remember, you'll spend most of your life working (unless you are lucky) so put as much effort as you can into getting something that looks enjoyable ;)

Vette_76 29 March 2005 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by suprabeast

say's the man who has literally spent entire days' sitting opposite me playing bookworm and posting on scoobynet!!

:hjtwofing

paul-s 29 March 2005 11:07 AM

collared hamster boy :D

Gav1 29 March 2005 12:25 PM

Doctors surgery is only taking emergencies today, got to go tomorow instead.

Starting to panic a little about if i've done the right thing, definitely want out of the place but cant afford to be out of work if this other job doesn't come off!!

Got to stick with it now........stay off sick until another job comes along. Think positive.

Jye 29 March 2005 12:54 PM

Wont you get a crap reference then? Or does the new job not require one? tbo I wouldnt want stress or any other mental health problem on my medical history. Mental ill health can be the kiss of death employment wise.

Gav1 29 March 2005 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Jye
Wont you get a crap reference then? Or does the new job not require one? tbo I wouldnt want stress or any other mental health problem on my medical history. Mental ill health can be the kiss of death employment wise.

Other job will require a reference but barring this instance of sickness/stress my reference should be good. The stress is all job related and so should not have a bearing on the other job i am applying for which is in a completely different field.
As you say you wouldnt want stress on your medical history and it is something which i have never encountered myself until the last 6 months or so, but i can tell you that it is something which you have very little choice in and it is also something i never wish to experience again. I am now left with little option other than the one i have taken as i am now at the point where i feel physically unable to continue with my job.
No other option than to take time off sick and hope it doesn't impact to heavily on my future prospects.

Jye 29 March 2005 01:15 PM

I'm not saying dont go sick, especially if the job is making you ill, but I'd say a between yourself and sympathetic Dr. you could come up with something (perhaps in a stress related tone) less employer scary. But yeah, I guess if it's only one period of illness you'd be fine.

I've had a fair bit of experience of people using stress or anxiety as a reason to take 6 months or so off work (high stress occupations), and imo the real reason they were stressed out was that they couldnt hack the job in the first place. This then left the remaining staff suffering from stress due to lack of bl@@dy staff. :(

suprabeast 29 March 2005 01:26 PM

collared hamster boy :D

:cool:

yoza 29 March 2005 02:46 PM

Hate to say.....I told you so. :)

GC8 29 March 2005 03:14 PM

Good for you; no job is worth making yourself sick over.

Simon

Gav1 30 March 2005 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by yoza
Hate to say.....I told you so. :)

Knew you wouldn't be able to resist it Yoza.;)

Sorry to say that the job has finally got the better of me and i am now at the point where i loathe every day i'm there.......just not worth it.

As you said " we have the highest sickness rate in the country for Stress related illness". Perhaps somebody higher up the ladder should be sitting up and paying attention and asking WHY!!

Gav.

Hanley 30 March 2005 12:12 PM

Out of interest.....what do you do?

and what do you want to do?

:)

Mikey Ace 30 March 2005 12:35 PM

just a cautionary note here:

don't post on a public board that you're "going to take as much time off sick as possible"..... and "have no intentions of going back".

Ermmmm, that'll be easy grounds for dismissal as you are demonstrating that the stress claim is fraudulent, even if it isn't you must be careful on the words you use on public forums. You never know where the post you put up will end up.....

On a lighter note, good luck with whatever you choose in the future. Everyone needs moments of clarity in life, I think you may have just found yours.

Good luck.

regards

Mikey :)

Regacy 30 March 2005 12:53 PM

What do you do that's so stressful?

Gav1 30 March 2005 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Hanley
Out of interest.....what do you do?

and what do you want to do?

:)

Im a Prison Officer........sick of the constant abuse, physical assaults, long hours etc..

As for what i'm looking to go into........ i don't really know yet, im just looking for a way out at the moment. Hopefully going to work in logistics for a little while with the brother in law.

Regacy 30 March 2005 12:58 PM

Oh right, you work at Foston Hall then.

Jye 30 March 2005 01:01 PM

That explains a lot. GL m8 :)

Gav1 30 March 2005 01:01 PM

[QUOTE=Mikey Ace]just a cautionary note here:

don't post on a public board that you're "going to take as much time off sick as possible"..... and "have no intentions of going back".

Ermmmm, that'll be easy grounds for dismissal as you are demonstrating that the stress claim is fraudulent, even if it isn't you must be careful on the words you use on public forums. You never know where the post you put up will end up.....

On a lighter note, good luck with whatever you choose in the future. Everyone needs moments of clarity in life, I think you may have just found yours.

Good luck.

Mikey, thanks for the good wishes.

Have to say though that everything i've posted on here is the truth.... My claim of work related stress is not a fraudulent one and i genuinely feel that i am physically unable to carry on with my job at present.
To say that i am going to stay off work as long as possible and that i have no intentions of returning simply sums up how i feel at present and as i said i believe that i would not be able to return to the job without some repurcussions for my health.

Gav.

regards

Gav1 30 March 2005 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Regacy
Oh right, you work at Foston Hall then.

No........why, is it just as ****e at Foston Hall aswell??

Regacy 30 March 2005 01:17 PM

no idea, it's just the closest place to SoT

Gav1 30 March 2005 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Regacy
no idea, it's just the closest place to SoT

Loads of prisons around here....Drake hall(womens), Foston hall (womens), Stafford ( cat c male), Dovegate ( cat b male), Sudbury( open), Werrington(young offenders).

Rather not say which one im at.......but take it from me it's ****e!!:)