ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   FUNNY NOISES!!!! HELP!!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/414338-funny-noises-help.html)

***scoobybabe*** 25 March 2005 10:12 PM

FUNNY NOISES!!!! HELP!!!!

the boyf and i took the darlin' scoob out for a run up to abersoch today to make the most of that thing in the sky they call a sun! as i was driving a long, i wound down the window and every now and again, i could hear a sort of jinkling noise. it does it randomly and lasts a few seconds. so, came home and parked her up(sulking cos he couldnt work it out!) decided to take it out again to see if it was still doing it, and yes! there it was like a sore head, jinkling away....anybody got any ideas???i'm fresh outta them!!!!ok, i could take it to a scoob dealer and ask them, but thought it would be more fun to ask you lot!!! i'm listening......

custard puddle 25 March 2005 10:15 PM

hiya scoobybabe :)

santa early? or late? :D

pslewis 25 March 2005 10:16 PM

Something stuck in the brake caliper, have you driven over any gravel?

Or the CAT is breaking up!

Pete

s70rjw 25 March 2005 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by ***scoobybabe***
the boyf and i took the darlin' scoob out for a run up to abersoch today to make the most of that thing in the sky they call a sun! as i was driving a long, i wound down the window and every now and again, i could hear a sort of jinkling noise. it does it randomly and lasts a few seconds. so, came home and parked her up(sulking cos he couldnt work it out!) decided to take it out again to see if it was still doing it, and yes! there it was like a sore head, jinkling away....anybody got any ideas???i'm fresh outta them!!!!ok, i could take it to a scoob dealer and ask them, but thought it would be more fun to ask you lot!!! i'm listening......

Argian anwyl dad.....beth sy'n bod gyda'r hen Scooby ta......Can you be a bit more specific about the jinkling...initial impression was to worn brake pads they're designed to rattle when worn and make a jinkling noise Hwyl fawr..

***scoobybabe*** 25 March 2005 10:23 PM

hmmm, my fella reckons its got something to do with the break pads, but i dont know really. as ive only had the car 2 months i dont know when the break pads were last exchanged, so you could be right. i think i better check it in to the clinic for a check-up!

***scoobybabe*** 25 March 2005 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by custard puddle
hiya scoobybabe :)

santa early? or late? :D

lol @ u custard...
i checked to see if i had a herd of reindeers following me!!!!

***scoobybabe*** 25 March 2005 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by s70rjw
Argian anwyl dad.....beth sy'n bod gyda'r hen Scooby ta......Can you be a bit more specific about the jinkling...initial impression was to worn brake pads they're designed to rattle when worn and make a jinkling noise Hwyl fawr..

whats the welsh bit translate to???

or do i really want to know.....?:)

RON 25 March 2005 10:25 PM

Roughly where isthis sound coming from... front.. rear.. wheels....??? or somewhere underneath...??

pslewis 25 March 2005 10:26 PM

dont know when the break pads were last exchanged

Please don't exchange the pads ...... just buy some NEW ones!! :D ;)

Oh, yes and ask for BRAKE pads - not BREAK pads!

Pete

***scoobybabe*** 25 March 2005 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by RON
Roughly where isthis sound coming from... front.. rear.. wheels....??? or somewhere underneath...??

at a rough guess i would say the front somewhere! difficult to tell as i have to drive it to hear it! ( over my exhaust noise)

***scoobybabe*** 25 March 2005 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis
Please don't exchange the pads ...... just buy some NEW ones!! :D ;)

Oh, yes and ask for BRAKE pads - not BREAK pads!

Pete

ok ok, i get the point! you know what i mean.....! :iamwithst

custard puddle 25 March 2005 10:30 PM

lol @ u custard...
i checked to see if i had a herd of reindeers following me!!!!

thanx, I'm still crazy :thumb:

pslewis 25 March 2005 10:30 PM

;)

Pete

custard puddle 25 March 2005 10:35 PM

? :D

***scoobybabe*** 25 March 2005 10:36 PM

thanx, I'm still crazy :thumb:

thats good to hear custard, are you a scoob owner yet hun???:)

RON 25 March 2005 10:36 PM

Could be pads.... could also be any matter of other things..... is there anyone in the locality that could take a look for you??

***scoobybabe*** 25 March 2005 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by RON
Could be pads.... could also be any matter of other things..... is there anyone in the locality that could take a look for you??

i dont know....anyone want to take a look at my body work for me......??????

RON 25 March 2005 10:41 PM

I wish..... I would help in a flash.. or for one!!

But seriously.... there must be someone local who know what they're looking at.... roughly where are you??

custard puddle 25 March 2005 10:41 PM

thats good to hear custard, are you a scoob owner yet hun???:)

no, I'm still too young to drive :cry: (haven't sped up in the ageing department yet lol), and haven't got any money :cry:

***scoobybabe*** 25 March 2005 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by RON
I wish..... I would help in a flash.. or for one!!

But seriously.... there must be someone local who know what they're looking at.... roughly where are you??

i am in north wales. not up in the mountains with the sheep, i may add!!!!

***scoobybabe*** 25 March 2005 10:44 PM

no, I'm still too young to drive :cry: (haven't sped up in the ageing department yet lol), and haven't got any money :cry:

awwwwww dont fret, your turn will come! i'm 27 and have only just got to own my own!!! but i never liked them up until a few months ago...weird isnt it..?

RON 25 March 2005 10:45 PM

Try putting another thread up.. calling all north wales scooby owners who know the way around their car...

custard puddle 25 March 2005 10:46 PM

...weird isnt it..?

hmm kinda weird...

my neighbours daughters hubby has a scoob and she hates driving it :cry: terrible

I'll have a scoob before I'm 30! :D

***scoobybabe*** 25 March 2005 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by RON
Try putting another thread up.. calling all north wales scooby owners who know the way around their car...

what are you saying there??? i would have all sorts of stick if i posted that up!! bi may aswell put up 'calling all scooby drivers in north wales that are NOT thick!!!

scooby-si 25 March 2005 10:48 PM

i dont know....anyone want to take a look at my body work for me......??????

:norty: try the brakes first they might be getting a bit low;) on the inside pad:)

***scoobybabe*** 25 March 2005 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by scooby-si
:norty: try the brakes first they might be getting a bit low;) on the inside pad:)

c'mon guys, i DRIVE the car!!! i wouldnt know a worn disk from a new one!! sad but honestly TRUE!!!

jc scoob 25 March 2005 11:12 PM

its just happined to me it sounds like keys. it is a littil metal thing on the back off the pad you can stop it by levering them away from the pad with your finger probably best on a ramp. (4 pots) ok las. :luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello:

***scoobybabe*** 25 March 2005 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by jc scoob
its just happined to me it sounds like keys. it is a littil metal thing on the back off the pad you can stop it by levering them away from the pad with your finger probably best on a ramp. (4 pots) ok las. :luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello:

hmmmm, do you want to get your fingers dirty for me?? i gotta think of the nails u see!!

Bubba po 25 March 2005 11:40 PM

You can lever it away but it will come back. It's most likely the worn pad indicator that's built-in. Eventually you'll get a terrible screeching every time you press the brake pedal.

Gear Head 25 March 2005 11:41 PM

Stuff your bl**dy nails woman! When it comes to the brakes on a car (especially a fast one!), I would like to think that most people realise how important they are. :cuckoo: Do you tell everyone who gets in your car, ' The brakes sound a bit dodgy, but i'm sure they'll be alright!'???? :norty:
Come on scoobybabe, don't live up to the 'I'm a woman and don't know jack' reputation! :p