ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Scorpion Exhaust (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/412132-scorpion-exhaust.html)

ALEX307D 17 March 2005 05:08 PM

Scorpion Exhaust

Does anyone own a Scorpion exhaust on their classic, or have any opinions on them ?

I'm thinking of getting one for my classic, full system with no cats at all,
full scorpion from turbo back.

post your comments below.

RaymondH 18 March 2005 07:48 PM

I have one on mine. It's the 4" Jap style tail pipe, seems well made, fits well and looks very good. I fitted it with the non-resonated centre that came with it but it was a little bit on the noisy side (for me anyway) so I fitted the Magnex resonated centre that I had and it's fine now :) I got mine from Demon Tweeks and the back box on its own is £100 cheaper than the box and centre so if you could find a used centre somewhere you could save some dosh - I'm a miserable git and £100 seems a lot to me for a bit of stainless pipe with 2 flanges :rolleyes: :)

Edited to say that I have a H&S downpipe so can't comment on the Scorpion one.

scooby-k 18 March 2005 08:40 PM

tried a scorpian b box 4" car felt quicker but too noisy for me
ken

corradoboy 18 March 2005 09:24 PM

IIRC Scorpion make the Prodrive boxes. Had a full S/S Scorpion on my old Corrado. Was too noisy when I got it, so I asked them to make me another centre box (as VW system) and they obliged at no extra cost :thumb: There was no way it was gonna pass an MOT as it was, and I'd have had loads of bother from plod :rolleyes:

ALEX307D 19 March 2005 09:03 AM

Well, I like noisy, so i'll opt for the no cats 4" tail pipe Full system.

I'm getting the full lot from turbo back, brand new from demon tweeks at £325. As i get a good discount threw them.
Hardly worth trying to find a second hand system at £200-£250
Then, you can all wait for my post "Your right, it's too noisy"

If it is too noisy, i can always get a center box like you people say.

Thanks for replys !

imprezaturbochick 22 March 2005 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by ALEX307D
Well, I like noisy, so i'll opt for the no cats 4" tail pipe Full system.

I'm getting the full lot from turbo back, brand new from demon tweeks at £325. As i get a good discount threw them.
Hardly worth trying to find a second hand system at £200-£250
Then, you can all wait for my post "Your right, it's too noisy"

If it is too noisy, i can always get a center box like you people say.

Thanks for replys !

Ive been toyin with the idea of a scorpion? Can you let me know when its fitted and tell me wot it sounds like etc?

ALEX307D 22 March 2005 06:20 PM

Yeah

No problem. Came today, looks rather impressive. I'll take some photos when its on.
I have to warn you tho, I do like LOUD noisy cars. hahahah

imprezaturbochick 24 March 2005 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by ALEX307D
Yeah

No problem. Came today, looks rather impressive. I'll take some photos when its on.
I have to warn you tho, I do like LOUD noisy cars. hahahah

Likewise! :cool:

Ordered mongoose now tho and that is arriving today!!! Itll be fitted sun or mon so we'll have to compare????!!!!! :)

ALEX307D 24 March 2005 09:05 AM

Well, My Scorpion went on yesterday, Turbo back, no box's or cats straight to backbox. 4" Round "imola" tailpipe.

looks the dog's bolloc*s and sounds really nice, without being O.T.T

Easy fit, looks a quality system.

imprezaturbochick 24 March 2005 10:33 AM

Glad ur happy wit it! :)

Madden 24 March 2005 01:20 PM

hello mate i have the full system on my sti 2 from down pipe back with the 4 inch back box and i have the hks downpipe . Its a good system pipe i seem to keep getting exhust blows with it let me know how you get on with yours?

Jamie