ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Just Watching The Budget (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/411743-just-watching-the-budget.html)

pslewis 16 March 2005 12:50 PM

Just Watching The Budget

I really didn't realise how well Labour have run the economy - Fantastic!!

To vote for anyone else is stupidity of the highest order!

The longest growth period (1997-now) for 200 years!! :eek:

Cracking stuff!! :D

Pete

Ted Maul 16 March 2005 12:51 PM

yada yada

Jap2Scrap 16 March 2005 12:53 PM

lol..

What's the point?????

This budget is bound to be a sweetener isn't it?

Diablo 16 March 2005 12:59 PM

LOL

Pete believes that fairies exist, because someone told him ;)

Must be true then, eh?

yoza 16 March 2005 01:07 PM

I hate Budgies, they are boring.

As for watching one.......why?

fast bloke 16 March 2005 01:11 PM

He doesn't seem to have mentioned the 1 million jobs lost in manufacturing, which have been replaced by 1.5 million jobs in the civil service. Maybe if he worked this out he wouldn't need to borrow so much :rolleyes:

Anyone else remember how he forecast PSNB to be 18 billion by 2004 before the last election? Oops - seems to have misplaced the odd 14 billion somewhere

fast bloke 16 March 2005 01:12 PM

Stamp threshold to double - (Here - tony - add a million first time buyers to the list there :rolleyes:

Dracoro 16 March 2005 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Diablo
LOL

Pete believes that fairies exist, because someone told him ;)

Must be true then, eh?

I have to disagree with this. Pete would not believe such nonsense (unless Tony B told him)

TelBoy 16 March 2005 01:17 PM

Important speech for Michael Howard coming up...

fast bloke 16 March 2005 01:22 PM

Fuel duty increase deferred until...... after the election

Brendan Hughes 16 March 2005 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by fast bloke
Anyone else remember how he forecast PSNB to be 18 billion by 2004 before the last election? Oops - seems to have misplaced the odd 14 billion somewhere

Wasn't that his famous "war chest"?

Got spent on, erm, a war, didn't it?

fast bloke 16 March 2005 01:24 PM

He claims he spend 4.9 billion on the 'war on terror'

Tiggs 16 March 2005 01:31 PM

CGT on homes.......pie in the sky.

budgie55 16 March 2005 01:32 PM

must be true if the government says so eh.... by the way did everyone know that 97.689% of statistics are made up and not worth the paper there written on.

What puzzles me is the amount of money that must be spent on fudging figures to look good. I mean wtf put it in to something worth while.

Interesting eh :D

fast bloke 16 March 2005 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Tiggs
CGT on homes.......pie in the sky.

He was never ever gonna do that before an election. Come back next year for your slice of tasty pie.

Disclaimer - I am in no way suggesting anyone should vote tory - they are a bunch of eejits as well..

MRLP for me :D

Spring Heeled Jack 16 March 2005 01:45 PM

MRLP for me
Mr Lollipop?

budgie55 16 March 2005 01:48 PM

Monster Raving Looney Party :freak3: :freak3: :freak3: :freak3: :freak3:

Petem95 16 March 2005 01:48 PM

What a complete load of crap - 'helping first time home buyers'?? Dont make me laugh, show me a house for under 125k? None anywhere near here.

The only help for FTB's would be a house price crash, returning prices to normal levels. The only ones who gain from stupidly high prices are the government who rake in a fortune in stamp duty and inhertiance tax.

Oh and theyve raised the inheritance tax threshold from 263k to ... wait for it... 275k!! LOL!! Hardly any point, just done it so they can say 'we've raised it'.

Fuel duty up again, more tax on beer :Whatever_

Bring on the election!!! Cant wait to use my vote!

budgie55 16 March 2005 01:56 PM

I dont use my vote as I dont feel any party is worth voting for... sure one party has to be in, which is a shame, but I just feel there is no real differences between the parties..
What really pi$$es me off is to watch prime ministers question time in the house.. what a god damn farce. Its like watching primary school children laugh at and slag one another off. FFS politicians pull yer fingers out yer arses do some proper work and debate like adults ffs. Absolutely pathetic... it really is.

The Trooper 1815 16 March 2005 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by fast bloke
He claims he spend 4.9 billion on the 'war on terror'

By cutting back on regiments and spending the equivilant amount savd on "military consultants"!??? B*&^%$Ks

Everyone get their grand parents in and save £200. Spend it on go-go juice for your Scoob.:)

Bottomfeeder 16 March 2005 02:04 PM

FWIW Sat and watched it last time round and thought "Uh, yeah, right" this time however I thought to myself "Lying *******s"

Sith 16 March 2005 02:06 PM

Pete is almost funny. Almost.

Neanderthal 16 March 2005 02:07 PM

Is it the usual bollox of new tax increases to be implemented at 6pm tonight but any tax "perks" to be implemented in the next 6 months or so.... hoping we'll forget about them and not bother with them after all......

Stevie.p 16 March 2005 02:35 PM

Can't say that i'm suprised with the budget fuel tax up ( like the way they say that will be after the election!!!!!......) then more that likely it'll be one hell of a jump .I did'nt see any increase on spirits which i'm not suprised cos them their people that sit in the houses of parliment....

i'm sure like a good drop of whiskey,gin etc.........

I think that all parties promise everything comming up to an election but deliver nowt after it.

But hey enough of my ranting on:razz: :razz:

pslewis 16 March 2005 04:35 PM

Its the achievements I admire!

"longest period of economic growth since records began in 1701" in Britain

"Inflation was the lowest for 30 years, interest rates the lowest for 35 years and employment the highest ever"

Excellent results from the past few years and no Tory Buy-a-Vote promises either!

Superb, stunning! - carry on please, another 5 years would be very, very good!

Pete

paulr 16 March 2005 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by TelBoy
Important speech for Michael Howard coming up...

What,they've found out who trashed the missus car?

Petem95 16 March 2005 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis

Much of it built on the biggest debt bubble in history...

Inflation was the lowest for 30 years

According to government massaged figures, which hardly include anything anymore. Oh and wage inflation kept low by floods of immigrants who take up the low paid jobs.

interest rates the lowest for 35 years

Great news for everyone with huge debts to service (so most Labour voters), and has resulted in an unsustainable house price boom. Great for FTB's who would like to get somewhere and start a family.

employment the highest ever

According to government figures, and we can trust them cant we?... just dont ask questions about all those on incapacity...

Cant believe how Labour have been insulting the intelligence of pensioners either with some patronising handouts aimed to win their votes. Clearly they've fooled one however....

Oh lets not forget we currently have the highest tax burden in 25years under this government :mad:

TelBoy 16 March 2005 04:49 PM

Er, no! I think he did ok. Most people can see it for the electioneering bribe-fest that it is, thankfully. :)

budgie55 16 March 2005 04:50 PM

Its the achievements I admire!

"Inflation was the lowest for 30 years, interest rates the lowest for 35 years and employment the highest ever"

Excellent results from the past few years and no Tory Buy-a-Vote promises either!

Superb, stunning! - carry on please, another 5 years would be very, very good!

Pete

thats all well and good Pete, but, are the figures they quoting realistic? When I did my accountancy qualification some years ago the amount of statistics that can be and are fudged in order to justify things was quite astounding.

People and politicians can quote figures and statistics all day but you tend to find they dont quote where the figures are actually coming from, and to me, thats the bottom line... where are the figures actually coming from? I suspect that if people scrutinised the figures more they would find lots of flaws in the research and accountability of the figures in general.

Its the good old addage that XX% of statistics are made up. Very true.

Its easy to quote figures for these politicians and it does worry me the amount of money that gets wasted to justify the figures which really, sometimes mean nothing. The NHS and Education are prime examples. NHS for instance where they are saying we have increased the number of doctors working for the NHS when in fact the statistics have recounted people (doctors) that have been in the system for years?? :cuckoo: Education is the same with money being pumped in left right and centre, fact is, are the services provided REALLY getting any better?

Thing with public services is accountability, I suspect the level of accountability is very low when compared with the structure of a company for instance. I would dread to think how much money is wasted as the money comes rolling in far to easily from the good old tax payer.

Anyhow my fingers hurt now, but, I think you get my drift.

Allan

pslewis 16 March 2005 04:50 PM

I doubt I am alone ...... as they are clear by a mile to win the election! :D

Pete