ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   nokia 6230 problems! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/411738-nokia-6230-problems.html)

wakeydave 16 March 2005 12:37 PM

nokia 6230 problems!

i've had a nokia 6230 for about 4 months now and it's just started with a very annoying habit.

as soon as i switch on it tells me to check my connection settings, i've checked everything and the phone seems to be working fine but it's a bit iffy with incoming text messages (only get half the message sometimes!)

every now and then i'll hear a little beep and it's telling me to check my connection settings again, wot the flippin' eck is happening?

yoza 16 March 2005 12:47 PM

You need to take out your SIM card and rub it on the side of a balloon, gold face forward.

When the card sticks to the balloon it is fully charged and can be re-fitted to your phone.

I had the same problem myself, but I followed these instructions and its been fine for ages.

Something to do with static, I was told.......

super_si 16 March 2005 12:50 PM

i get half text but then it updates its self.................... had one the other week with loads square in the text!!!

Si

yoza 16 March 2005 12:53 PM

Yeah, you must have the same problem.

Mine did that too, but as I say, its fine now.

PS. The balloon has to be red, for some reason, dont know why.

Johnny50 16 March 2005 12:58 PM

I've had nothing but problems with my 6230.

First time, the red/green buttons stopped working, then eventually the rest gave up.

Second time, it just kept switching off,

Third time speaker in earpeace has failed...
Phone is still away for repair, and 02 are refusing to give me a new phone. :(

It's only 4 months old aswell !

wakeydave 16 March 2005 10:52 PM

the text message thing doesn't really bother me but why does it keep telling me to check connection settings, even when i'm not doing anything???

p.s are you joking about the balloon trick?

wongascoob 16 March 2005 11:04 PM

mine to has been playing up,5 months after havin it, it switches itself off!!, says sim card not registered and the green button dont work sometimes so when someone's callin me i cant answer....o by the way its my second one aswell:mad:

fatscoobyfella 17 March 2005 12:35 AM

had my 6230 8 month,,,no prob with it all..Its on 02 if that makes any difference

philc 17 March 2005 08:04 AM

had trouble with mine recognising the memory card (fitted a 128mb card); took it back to the shop for a firmware upgrade and it's been okay since (the firmware upgrade also improved other features).

if you go to nokia 6230 forums on the expansys website there's instructions there on how to check what your current firmware level is.

wakeydave 17 March 2005 10:04 AM

cheers philc, i've checked the firmware level and it's v04.28 (doesn't mean much to me!)

if it needs an upgrade can i do it myself, i've got the cable to connect to my pc if that helps?

philc 18 March 2005 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by wakeydave
cheers philc, i've checked the firmware level and it's v04.28 (doesn't mean much to me!)

if it needs an upgrade can i do it myself, i've got the cable to connect to my pc if that helps?

I believe it has to been done by the Nokia agent ....