ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Duvet Days?! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/411359-duvet-days.html)

16vmarc 15 March 2005 02:53 PM

Duvet Days?!

My mates just e mailed me saying his works introducing Duvet Days, where if you dont fancy going in you can say your having a Duvet Day!!!! Says theyre allowed 2 a year! Ill have to suggest this at work, not that im ever there :rolleyes:

:lol:

Andy Tang 15 March 2005 03:00 PM

I know several companies that do this.

I can see why it would build morale, you can have 2 (some companies have up to 5) days where you can take them off without having to give a reason.

Perfect for hangovers or when you get lucky! ;)

GC8 15 March 2005 03:03 PM

My old employers started and stopped within a year. The holiday year was divided into four; on the first day of each new holiday period the office was virtually empty!

rotty 15 March 2005 03:45 PM

we have them , no limit on amounts you can take

kingofturds 15 March 2005 03:50 PM

I had one this morning mine was more of a to pissed to come into work day though:D

Vette_76 15 March 2005 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by rotty
we have them , no limit on amounts you can take

same here......it's called "sick leave"

:lol:

gso 15 March 2005 04:02 PM

We have the same thing at our company....except I have upto 365 Duvet days per year ;)

Kieran_Burns 15 March 2005 04:21 PM

Had those at British Midland - 6 rolling days in a year.

Monday morning blues? Duvet day.
Decides to go on the razz mid-week? Duvet day.
Wake up and just can not be arsed? Duvet Day.

Great source of comfort those days..... <sigh>

Markus 15 March 2005 04:30 PM

Ah duvet days. Sounds like a nice idea, but open to pish taking. I've had team members try the "I'm having a duvet day today" line with me (we don't do duvet days) and I've simply replied with "Well I'm having a P45 day today, shall I put your name down for one?" Funnilly enough, the people appear in the office an hour later and seem perfectly wide awake! :D

If you're ill, you take a sick day, if you can't be arsed to come into work, and you don't have a vaild excuse (hey, I'll accept that being hungover is "ill", I'm not a total tyrant) then tough titty, you won't get paid and I'll rip into you when you finally manage to drag your arse into work. I'm no workaholic, and I do loathe getting up and getting to work, but if I can do it, I see no reason why other buggers can't pull their fingers out and get to work too.

hail-hail 15 March 2005 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Markus
Ah duvet days. Sounds like a nice idea, but open to pish taking. I've had team members try the "I'm having a duvet day today" line with me (we don't do duvet days) and I've simply replied with "Well I'm having a P45 day today, shall I put your name down for one?" Funnilly enough, the people appear in the office an hour later and seem perfectly wide awake! :D

If you're ill, you take a sick day, if you can't be arsed to come into work, and you don't have a vaild excuse (hey, I'll accept that being hungover is "ill", I'm not a total tyrant) then tough titty, you won't get paid and I'll rip into you when you finally manage to drag your arse into work. I'm no workaholic, and I do loathe getting up and getting to work, but if I can do it, I see no reason why other buggers can't pull their fingers out and get to work too.

says the man with 16k posts ;),

"I'm just having scoobynet day" :p

stevencotton 15 March 2005 04:50 PM

Haha :)

Aren't they an American thing, because they only get two weeks holiday a year?

brybusa 15 March 2005 04:54 PM

I think the quantity of duvet days a person takes a year depends on said companies attitude/relationship with their employee..

My last employer completely took the mick, so I had plenty of "duvet" days...

Having said that, I need to get the bike on the road and they have forecast this weekend dry n' sunny, so I can feel one coming up any day soon....

Markus 15 March 2005 04:56 PM

I'm using SN for "research" purposes :p :D lol

Sounds very yank like, and yes, the holiday entitlement over here is a tad silly, they get all upset when I mention I get about 3 - 4 weeks holiday a year, plus all the bank holidays too. Then again, they do have some odd holidays like Martin Luther King Day and Presidents Day.